Sponsored

With some design elements now known... Are you buying the Bronco?

Buying a Bronco

• Total voters

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was on the fence before because I didn't know the specs. Now I'm basically 100% on board unless something changes drastically. SFA would have been a dealbreaker for me. Everything we've seen about this is perfect for what I was hoping for so far, assuming that the Bronco R was the 4 door wheelbase and there will be a shorter one available.

It looks badass. Not pretty, but very racy, a productionized version with a grill and the tires actually inside the fenders is looking good to me.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I haven't a clue. I'm all about the L/W/H proportionality of the 2-door. I might be a hair disappointed about how much #2069 seems to dwarf the EB. I did however watch the TFL video Playboyshiredhand posted & that reporter could not have been more excited if he'd been standing next to Neil Armstrong as he took his first steps on the moon

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in

Sponsored

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
looks a tad wider than a Wrangler.....just what I was hoping for …..sorry rock crawlers :like:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think there's sufficient data from this prototype/desert racer to draw a clear picture of what the production vehicle will look like or come equipped with. I'm going to have to see and drive pretty much any new production vehicle before I commit $45k+ to it.

Looks cool, maybe gives a hint of what is to come. I'm not completely in love with it and I don't hate it - but there just isn't enough stock on that truck to form an opinion on what is going to roll off the production line in 14 months or so.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to say just from the R, but it’s not looking good.

I’m betting the JLUR would serve me better as far as off-road performance, durability, modifications... Just wish Jeep offered a TTV6.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot could change in a year but nothing I've seen would change my decision. I like the ease of SFA(lift ease) but I won't be doing much if any rock crawling and certainly nothing where IFS becomes a concern. The overall styling is going to be great but I look forward to the details on roof panels and overall interior design. Mines going to be a fun machine so styling and overall fun factor are key. I want quality and creature comforts but its sure as hell going to get muddy!

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m buying it as long as it fits in my garage, which my Escape fits in with about an inch on each side.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was always in.

don’t care what it has ffor front suspension.
My Bronco will just be a garage queen for the most part.
Mine will never see hackberry trail or even table Mesa. Most it will see is broken arrow or box canyon and it will perform fine for that.
My Bronco will remain bone stock. My days of wasting thousands on lifts, and tires and spending entire weekends in the garage tinkering are over.
Not that I’m old, I’m just sick of having too many projects..

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
General shape and look, IFS suspension, 5 link rear, ecoboost V6... Are you in line? Just curious.
I'll admit it: I only really care about how it looks, and we're just now getting a little more information in that regard to have me 95% convinced it's going to be awesome.

I'm certain it will offer all the performance I need for daily driving with occasional off road excursions. Sure, SFA is cool and a V8 would be an absolute deal-clincher, but I'm mostly just so stoked it's coming back that I'm a likely buyer anyway.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been in since we first saw the 2004 concept (which I thought looked pretty sweet itself). My biggest concern is all the talk of a turbo 4. And yes I've seen the output numbers, but I will use it to tow a 12 foot trailer with 2 quads, and I don't want it to struggle like my wife's Jeep. Would feel much better with a V6, sadly it'll never see a 351 (my preferred engine) dropped in it.
Sponsored