Sponsored

With the Warthog still in the "Design Stage", what unique things would you like to see (from FoMoCo) on the Warthog that's not on the Bronco?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like to see the 400 HP 3.0 TT like the Aviator, or the 450 HP 3.5 TT Raptor motor. 37” tires and the upgraded suspension like we have seen. The longer wheel base 2 door would be one of the best additions to this Beast.
All the Warthog photos I've seen have been on 35s. Can you point me to a photo with 37s?

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All the Warthog photos I've seen have been on 35s. Can you point me to a photo with 37s?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/spied-bronco-warthog-with-live-valve-shocks-37-tires.9917/

Edit: first 3 photos in that thread are 37s mounted to Raptor wheels that are mounted vertically on the rear or tailgate of a vehicle. Seems like it could be a Warthog because I haven’t seen someone mount a tire like that on a Raptor with a third tail light. Don’t see why a Wrangler would mount a Ford wheel with different bolt pattern, but stranger things have happened. Rest of the pictures in the thread are 315/70R17s that we have seen on all the other Warthogs. If someone is looking for pictures of 37s on a Warthog, those 3 pictures is where they might find them.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd like to for the Warthog to have a:
-Drop Down Tailgate,
- 2 Door on the longer 4 Door Frame (length wise)
-Bumper Mounted Swing Away "Convertible" Spare Tire Carrier. (by convertible, I mean that the spare could be tilted inboard roughly 45 degrees and the carrier can swing back (and lock) when the Tailgate is in the Down Position. This would give the Warthog that Baja Look....

.... something like this but with the Tailgate still there...
download.jpg
Two trim levels:

Base: 35" tires with upgraded high-clearance suspension (longer arms, longer travel, better shocks, springs, etc), beefier axles, big brakes! Of course bigger 400 or 450 hp engine, probably tuned 3.0L. Love to see naturally aspirated! High speed desert runner focus.

Yeti Package?: 37" tires for the Brodozer crowd (not me) with bigger lift, etc.

Standard
- Paddle shifters!
- Warthog badge, metal/ceramic not a sticker
- Warthog special LED lights somewhere, fog lights
- Std Pkg
- cloth seats

Available
- Mid, High & Lux packages
- MGV & leather
- Signature lighting
- metal bumpers, rock rails, running boards
- Analog tachometer in center

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
NOPE!

The Warthog in those photos is wearing 315/70R17 35" tires. Go to the 11th (eleventh) photo and you can CLEARLY read this! That post was EXTREMELY misleading because... The first 3 photos are up close tire shots from a totally DIFFERENT VEHICLE w/37s. Look at the rims on those 3 photos. There are completely different rims than the ones the Warthog is wearing.

As I said, I have only seen Warthogs in pictures and videos with 35" tires. One video has 3 different Warthogs all wearing 35s. This makes sense because Sasquatch suspension and travel are woefully inadequate for desert running punishment. 35s are plenty for the Warthog if it's equipped with necessary power, drivetrain and suspension.

Again, someone please point me to a pic or video of a Warthog wearing 37s.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Pope

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please.... No Thread Jacking......

Now... back on topic.....

Baby Godzilla Engine!!!!!!
-N.A. should easily get in the upper 400's to lower 500's HP
-Adding F.I. (forced induction) it should easily be in the 700's to 800's HP
[side note......the Godzilla has already been shown producing over 1000HP with two turbos]

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1) 2-Door (at least option to have 2-door)

2) 3.5L tt Raptor engine - pumped to 500hp

3) A Big Bend Grill (or is it grille) without all the plastic shutters and such behind it. Let her breathe and cool the big mill. A nice, clean look through to the radiator behind the grill(e)

sourdough

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Golf, TigerRV, JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The spare tire hanging on the tailgate is BS. I have a Wrangler JL and that location is stupid even for a 33” spare. The design engineers must have blinders on and are deaf. There needs to be a compartment low and not in the way. The idea is not new, I had a 50’s Triumph TR3 that had the concept.
Ford Bronco With the Warthog still in the "Design Stage", what unique things would you like to see (from FoMoCo) on the Warthog that's not on the Bronco? Triumph TR3 spare tire compartment

My Wrangler has a lot of room between the frame rails if the suitcase muffler and sway bar were re-thought. The Bronco platform is similar I assume. I’m not going to flesh this out but it could be worked into a functioning body design.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How about...angle down the rear of the roof and rear window to follow the contours of the inner metal sport bar... sort of "fast back" look...Would keep inner crash/rollover structure intact. However, less storage inside, more frost on sloping rear window, etc.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd love to see similar fenders like pic. Only bigger to accommodate 37's.
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door Concept_11.JPG
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door Concept_10.JPG
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door Concept_03.jpg
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door Concept_02.JPG

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want mine to be bigger, badder and more powerful than all the other Broncos the common folk end up buying so that when I arrive I am instantly recognized as a Warthog owner! :ROFLMAO:
I'm with you on that...Arrive large and in charge! Baddest Hawg on the planet.

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As old as this thread is, the claim made by the OP is terribly inaccurate and rather questionable (misleading), because the design was set and frozen quite a long time ago, to be ready in time for testing and launch.

As of December 2020, it most certainly WASN'T in the "design stage". Where did you get that from?

These vehicles all have to locked down by a certain stage well ahead of Job 1 and from my recollection, December 2020 is way too late for that point.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As old as this thread is, the claim made by the OP is terribly inaccurate and rather questionable (misleading), because the design was set and frozen quite a long time ago, to be ready in time for testing and launch.

As of December 2020, it most certainly WASN'T in the "design stage". Where did you get that from?

These vehicles all have to locked down by a certain stage well ahead of Job 1 and from my recollection, December 2020 is way too late for that point.
So was the beefed up chassis design different or just thicker gage steel?
Sponsored