First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Holy hell, there’s so much grease on the stock spring. Is everyone slathering up the Steeda spring with that much grease? I put what a rational person would consider enough and called it day. I figured occasionally re-lubing it was preferred than dealing with a greased pig situation in the footwell.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Alright, I’ll bite. Ordered. Consensus seems positive.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed mine today at lunchtime. The e clip is tough, I used extended jointed pliers that worked better than short ones. I scraped the grease off the old spring for the replacement, just a simple tan grease. Pro tip for reinstall: install the e clip on the lower shaft first then position the assembly and push the carrier forward over the bar. The new spring is noticeably lighter, so I could push it over with just my hand.

Initial impression is that the clutch is significantly lighter to push, but also no longer has that “too much spring” push at the engagement point. Certainly seems worth the $33 shipped.

Revising my post to say this is 100% worth it. I drove about 12 miles back to the office and am very pleased with the clutch feel.

5/30 update: I’ve put another 150 or so miles on and the new spring is still great. The wife drove it Monday for the first time and said she noticed a difference (felt lighter) and liked it.

Ford Bronco Without Further Ado - Steeda Presents the Bronco Clutch Spring Kit (2021-2023) IMG_6250
Ford Bronco Without Further Ado - Steeda Presents the Bronco Clutch Spring Kit (2021-2023) IMG_6251
Ford Bronco Without Further Ado - Steeda Presents the Bronco Clutch Spring Kit (2021-2023) IMG_6252

Last edited:

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco 2dr BL & ‘22 Ranger SCrew Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
USPS shipping options gone??

$15 to ship a spring??!

🤨

Sponsored
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - White Carbon Edition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Copy that - we updated our site and this may not have transferred over.
I'll get them back up
USPS shipping options gone??

$15 to ship a spring??!

🤨
We have standard shipping costs - you can call our sales team at 1800 950 0774 to see if they can key in a different shipping method.

TJ

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - White Carbon Edition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Working on instructions now.

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco 2dr BL & ‘22 Ranger SCrew Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Copy that - we updated our site and this may not have transferred over.
I'll get them back up

We have standard shipping costs - you can call our sales team at 1800 950 0774 to see if they can key in a different shipping method.

TJ
Spoke with Adam on the sales team. He was awesome and helped out to get things going.

Looking forward to the install when it arrives.

DreNC

Black Diamond
First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed mine today at lunchtime. The e clip is tough, I used extended jointed pliers that worked better than short ones. I scraped the grease off the old spring for the replacement, just a simple tan grease. Pro tip for reinstall: install the e clip on the lower shaft first then position the assembly and push the carrier forward over the bar. The new spring is noticeably lighter, so I could push it over with just my hand.

Initial impression is that the clutch is significantly lighter to push, but also no longer has that “too much spring” push at the engagement point. Certainly seems worth the $33 shipped.

Revising my post to say this is 100% worth it. I drove about 12 miles back to the office and am very pleased with the clutch feel.

5/30 update: I’ve put another 150 or so miles on and the new spring is still great. The wife drove it Monday for the first time and said she noticed a difference (felt lighter) and liked it.

Ford Bronco Without Further Ado - Steeda Presents the Bronco Clutch Spring Kit (2021-2023) 1691755058378
Ford Bronco Without Further Ado - Steeda Presents the Bronco Clutch Spring Kit (2021-2023) 1691755058378
Did you have to compress the spring to remove, or is there a specific way to it?
I'm hoping to replace mine today. Thanks 🤙

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone do some wheeling with this yet? It’s been sitting in my glovebox for months now…but, I’ve got an uneventful few months ahead of me with a shoulder surgery in Sept. So, I should install it before my PT suggests I shouldn’t put myself in awkward positions - like under a steering wheel. Haha.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have to compress the spring to remove, or is there a specific way to it?
I depressed the clutch pedal to the floor with a 2x4 to reduce the pressure on the factory spring. Once I pulled the e clip I was able to slide the lower mount off without issue.

On reinstall I definitely recommend attaching the bottom first on reinstall and then pushing the top section onto the upper mount.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found this schematic on the other thread. Do you pull the clip toward you to remove it or does it slide out perpendicular to the clutch pedal arm? Thanks for your help.

Ford Bronco Without Further Ado - Steeda Presents the Bronco Clutch Spring Kit (2021-2023) 1692584322863

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found this schematic on the other thread. Do you pull the clip toward you to remove it or does it slide out perpendicular to the clutch pedal arm? Thanks for your help.

Ford Bronco Without Further Ado - Steeda Presents the Bronco Clutch Spring Kit (2021-2023) 1692584322863
I just did the install today, remove the c clip push clutch all the way in. You literally slide the bottom half to the left and it will come out. To reinstall someone mentioned this before but make sure to reinstall the c clip then put the bottom part in and you can push the spring and housing down to fit on the top bar. 5 minute job

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just did the install today, remove the c clip push clutch all the way in. You literally slide the bottom half to the left and it will come out. To reinstall someone mentioned this before but make sure to reinstall the c clip then put the bottom part in and you can push the spring and housing down to fit on the top bar. 5 minute job
That is great. Thank you for the details. Will work to get it done this week!

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope it worked out for you. I ended up compressing it with zip ties before I installed it. Made life easier.
Anyone do some wheeling with this yet? It’s been sitting in my glovebox for months now…but, I’ve got an uneventful few months ahead of me with a shoulder surgery in Sept. So, I should install it before my PT suggests I shouldn’t put myself in awkward positions - like under a steering wheel. Haha.
I've gone rock crawling and been to a high-speed off-road track a number of times since I have installed it. Has been great in both scenarios. Also a nice improvement during my daily commute, so get it installed already, lol.
Sponsored