Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a continued series of f ups by Ford and/or my dealer, I woke up this morning to a cancelled bronco. I’ve been trying since early august to actually get a confirmed order (8/4/21 reservation) and finally thought it was in last Thursday. Then I check my account this morning and it shows order cancelled 10-18-21. Then I get a call from my dealers internet salesperson saying they received my order cancellation. I’m like uh no- I didn’t cancel anything. I’m headed there in a half hour to see WTF is going on.
I’m about 1 second from scrapping the whole thing and getting a Mojave. I swore off Ford 28 years ago for dealer crap and haven’t looked at one since. I guess I remember why now.
Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sense shenanigans on your dealers part

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
8/4/2021 was before the MY21 cutoff. IIRC, all MY21 orders had to be submitted by 9/30/2021. Any not converted after that have to be converted to MY22 orders. So, getting it in last Thursday? That would have put it at 10/14, which should have been a MY22 order. If it was a MY21, then I can see it getting kicked out and canceled. I would make sure your dealer did it as a MY22 converted order.

Sponsored

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
8/4/21 reservation?? You most likely wouldn't get one until mid 2023 anyway.

You would have a better chance buying one off the lot.
Na I ordered in August of this year and have a vin and build date for November. So uts possible

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
8/4/21 reservation?? You most likely wouldn't get one until mid 2023 anyway.

You would have a better chance buying one off the lot.
If you have a reservation, you can buy one off the lot if the dealer wants to sell it.
Visit them toward the end of the month when they are willing to sell anything.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I understand what you are saying BUT I have 7/20/20 Reservation and my dealer never submitted it. Last week Ford sent an email out asking me to submit my order online and wanted a $500 deposit.

I called my dealer and asked them if I should and they said no. They wanted to submit the order and not take the $500 deposit. They came back 30 mins later and told me their system would not take the order then asked me to go ahead and do it online.

I am going to submit now.

8/4/2021 was before the MY21 cutoff. IIRC, all MY21 orders had to be submitted by 9/30/2021. Any not converted after that have to be converted to MY22 orders. So, getting it in last Thursday? That would have put it at 10/14, which should have been a MY22 order. If it was a MY21, then I can see it getting kicked out and canceled. I would make sure your dealer did it as a MY22 converted order.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So apparently it was my 2021 order being cancelled and they said no one should’ve called. I’m glad they did though- my DORA has the 2.3L listed instead of the 2.7 plus a couple of other errors. So now they are re-submitting with the correct info- BL 2.7 SAS LUX TOW in race red. Just waiting on the updated DORA to be sure.

I know I’m in for a long wait. But, I’ll never buy one off the lot at the insane markups they are charging. Maybe a couple thousand over MSRP if it was my exact build and they give me great trade value, but no way in hell am I paying $10, 20 or $35k markups that are out there.
Sponsored