First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So have a OBX 2.7 got it in Feb 22 only 7500mi, live in Midwest so it’s getting cold…

So I go to start my Bronco Thursday night and lights go on, you hear the click but it doesn’t turn over. Using my mm I see it’s only at 10.2V. Using my neighbors booster, we get it started and I drive around for 30min. As I drive its holding 15V so I’m somewhat ruling out the alternator.

starts on Friday fine, run errands this morning, but at 4p it’s dead again. Dash goes on and it’s only showing 10.5V. Call the dealer and bringing it in Monday.

So my brain is running, battery bad?, short somewhere, something drawing voltage even when off? What’s the groups thought?! Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Side note: last week had an issue where the rear passenger side door window lost its program. So it wouldn’t do that courtesy .5” roll down when opening door. I reset the window (6g thread helped!) and it worked fine.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've read about many pointing to loose battery connection and/or junction box connection.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So have a OBX 2.7 got it in Feb 22 only 7500mi, live in Midwest so it’s getting cold…

So I go to start my Bronco Thursday night and lights go on, you hear the click but it doesn’t turn over. Using my mm I see it’s only at 10.2V. Using my neighbors booster, we get it started and I drive around for 30min. As I drive its holding 15V so I’m somewhat ruling out the alternator.

starts on Friday fine, run errands this morning, but at 4p it’s dead again. Dash goes on and it’s only showing 10.5V. Call the dealer and bringing it in Monday.

So my brain is running, battery bad?, short somewhere, something drawing voltage even when off? What’s the groups thought?! Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Side note: last week had an issue where the rear passenger side door window lost its program. So it wouldn’t do that courtesy .5” roll down when opening door. I reset the window (6g thread helped!) and it worked fine.
Same issue with my 2.7 OBX. Took delivery in April with 5k miles. Dealer replaced the battery but still find it dead some mornings. Mine is not a DD so I’m thinking it’s the short infrequent drives I do?

Some people have found it to be a bad gateway module and others have found loose connections. I’m going to drive mine more often and see if that’s the fix since the dealer ruled the other two out.

Unconquered

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it dips to around 10 volts and stays there that sounds like one of the battery cells is failing. If it keeps dropping below that it could be that the whole battery is shot, but more likely there's something staying on and draining the battery.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealer should have the ability to load test the battery and see if it is the issue. There have been some batteries that have been toasted because Ford allowed the Broncos to sit forever after being built (dirt mountain, chip holds, etc).

If you really wanted to know, charge the battery, make sure it registers 12.n volts, then take off the negative. Come back in the morning and test the volts. If its back down bad battery... If it isnt, something draining it.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know of one member here who had a similar issue.. His issue ended up being a chewed through wiring harness under the vehicle. Squirrel or something gnawed on it and caused random no start issues for months..

OP
OP

Goblue710

Outer Banks
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update: used a 1200amp battery pack I have for work to jump it. And started right up. But now the driver window lost its auto roll programming. Second window that happened to this week…module or something is going bad and/or causing increase draw…dropping in dealer lot today for them to check it tomorrow.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it dips to around 10 volts and stays there that sounds like one of the battery cells is failing. If it keeps dropping below that it could be that the whole battery is shot, but more likely there's something staying on and draining the battery.
This. :cool:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: used a 1200amp battery pack I have for work to jump it. And started right up. But now the driver window lost its auto roll programming. Second window that happened to this week…module or something is going bad and/or causing increase draw…dropping in dealer lot today for them to check it tomorrow.
That could just be a side effect of the bad battery. Hope you get it sorted out soon!

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you primarily take short trips you are using more energy from the battery than you are replacing.

More likely, a bad battery or loose connections.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Good morning. Would you send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this no start concern on my end? Thank you!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you primarily take short trips you are using more energy from the battery than you are replacing.

More likely, a bad battery or loose connections.
I've seen more than one report of loose connections.
Sponsored