Sponsored

Wondering if Ford has spec'd out a vinyl for Cyber Orange, Area 51, etc. for stripes.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

White, black even silver, red or blue stripes are all pretty common offerings from OEMs for vinyl stripes. But I'm curious if Ford went to 3M or similar and asked for material to match some of their more interesting colors such as Cyber Orange and Area 51. I'd be interested in a Cyber Orange stripe similar to these on the Carbonized Gray Badlands I'm ordering. Maybe with the "Bronco" font or bucking horse logo relief cut in them. If they've spec'd the material we may be able find the code and order it ourselves and have them cut if what Ford offers doesn't match exactly what we envisioned.

Ford Bronco Wondering if Ford has spec'd out a vinyl for Cyber Orange, Area 51, etc. for stripes. edit14
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most likely not. They use BASF for paint and I don't believe BASF makes vinyl (I could be wrong though, they're a massive company). So they're going to have to source the paint and the vinyl from seperate companies and those companies will have to collaborate to get the colors correct and it just seems like way too big of a hassle for all parties involved without much payoff.

Your best option is probably going to be a local wrap shop. Most of them do pretty great work and can probably get the colors pretty close for you. BTW I love your idea, that will look pretty sharp.

OP
OP
lobbs611

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most likely not. They use BASF for paint and I don't believe BASF makes vinyl (I could be wrong though, they're a massive company). So they're going to have to source the paint and the vinyl from seperate companies and those companies will have to collaborate to get the colors correct and it just seems like way too big of a hassle for all parties involved without much payoff.

Your best option is probably going to be a local wrap shop. Most of them do pretty great work and can probably get the colors pretty close for you. BTW I love your idea, that will look pretty sharp.
I may just have them painted on then. Cyber Orange seems to be a tricky color to begin with ranging from very yellow to quite orange depending on the lighting to begin with. The only way to really capture that may be paint tho the newer metallic vinyls are pretty impressive.

Ridergraphix

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ridergraphix.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

mmaturo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, R8s, Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the hockey stick done! Need it late August when mine may show up. Normally i don't like graphics but this thing I think will look good with it no doubt.

Ridergraphix

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ridergraphix.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ridergraphix

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ridergraphix.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those above the bodyline stripes are a winner!
Thanks, keep an eye on our website for more new designs being added!
Sponsored