Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried to see if others posted on this and didn’t see anything. So, here we go.

Whenever I accelerate (seems like when the 2.7 turbo is engaged) I hear this sound to the left of the driver side, almost by the lower left corner for the windshield. It sounds like air is rushing. Has anyone experienced this?
Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, I love it. I believe it's the air from the turbos shooting through the exhaust but I don't know what I'm talking about.

OP
OP
Shazamalingo

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a VW diesel turbo a few years back and didn’t hear anything (though the diesel was loud as hell lol). If it’s normal, that’s great. I do love the sound.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shazamalingo

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the sanity check.

OP
OP
Shazamalingo

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Actually, it's the sound of money being sucked out of your wallet as the engine uses all that gas.
ha. Such is life.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally normal. It's just the system letting off excess boost from the turbos. You can buy an upgraded diverter valve if you want to make it sound like a 2000's honda.

https://5startuning.com/product/go-...ve-dv-ford-ecoboost-direct-replacement-t9358/
Actually that valve does serve a purpose. When you run in to Karen and Ronald doing 10 under in a 35 swerving both lanes, roll about 14 psi, let off right when the front tire hits the drivers window, watch them swerve and duck. Shits hilarious. Also works for geese, awesome for bikers too. Pretty much works in any situation when you want someone to know you don’t approve. That’s called the bronco sneeze and she’s loud when she’s pissed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shazamalingo

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just an update on this. Turns out the woosh noise was not normal. An exhaust hose had disconnected and that was the sound I was hearing. After it was repaired, the noise completely stopped. So, if you are hearing something similar, bring the rig in to a dealer! FYI - the check engine light will not always illuminate with this issue.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good thing you brought it in, I hear no sounds from my turbos at all (nor would I want to) so was gonna suggest to have it looked at.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmm… seems a hear more from my turbos than when I first got it. Now I’m starting to wonder.
Got a pic of where I should look to check?

OP
OP
Shazamalingo

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmm… seems a hear more from my turbos than when I first got it. Now I’m starting to wonder.
Got a pic of where I should look to check?
I didn’t see the hose itself when they serviced it. But, here is the explanation on the work they did, if it helps. After they reconnected the hose, the car is pretty silent upon turbo engagement.

Mine was quiet when I first picked it up as well. But it got louder after 300 miles or so.
Ford Bronco Woosh or air noise when accelerating? 8ECF9DA8-598D-49A2-9013-088ECDB4F9A4

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm glad I found this thread, mine just seems to have started making this same noise at just under 300 miles on the ODO. It's like a hissing sound, similar to air leaking from a tire, that only happens when accelerating and only for a few seconds. It also feels a little sluggish accelerating from like 5 to 10 mph. Gonna set up an appointment tomorrow.
Sponsored