Sponsored

Word of caution for DIY upgraders. Limited if any replacement OEM parts.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a near scare when attempting to install what I thought would be a simple leveling kit installation. I had a bolt that was seized and unable to remove with simple garage tools, including air tools.

I quickly found out that Ford does not yet have their parts database built out with 2021 Bronco parts, not even to cross reference with other vehicles such as the Ranger.

If something breaks or goes wrong we have to be prepared for the consequences of limited parts, if any for quite some time.

Just a word of caution. I personally had to wave the white flag and turn to 4wp to complete my install after putting everything back to stock. Hopefully their experience and tools provide them more success. This is a first for me and feels a little strange as I have been a garage DIY'er for 25 years but it is not worth the risk of having to park the Bronco for months while waiting for the parts supply to come in.

(I apologize for anyone still waiting their Bronco. It is worth the wait!)
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw you post about this in the Level Kit thread. Did you get it back from 4WP?

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw you post about this in the Level Kit thread. Did you get it back from 4WP?
It is going in on Monday, 7/26. Should have been very simple but not having the ability to order simple parts like a replacement bolt caused me to grow concerned over my DIY skills lol. Mostly due to limited tools to do the job.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a near scare when attempting to install what I thought would be a simple leveling kit installation. I had a bolt that was seized and unable to remove with simple garage tools, including air tools.

I quickly found out that Ford does not yet have their parts database built out with 2021 Bronco parts, not even to cross reference with other vehicles such as the Ranger.

If something breaks or goes wrong we have to be prepared for the consequences of limited parts, if any for quite some time.

Just a word of caution. I personally had to wave the white flag and turn to 4wp to complete my install after putting everything back to stock. Hopefully their experience and tools provide them more success. This is a first for me and feels a little strange as I have been a garage DIY'er for 25 years but it is not worth the risk of having to park the Bronco for months while waiting for the parts supply to come in.

some times we all bite off a little more than we can chew. consider yourself lucky you did not get far enough that you needed a tow, and a cardboard box..

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What particular bolt was giving you trouble? I have a Bronco coming in hot and the 4WP coil overs sitting in my garage. Sounds like I may need to buy an extra can of PB Blaster and dust of the breaker bar before it shows up.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

A MAP gas torch has become my new best friend the last several years, when encountering stuck bolts. At first sign of a bolt/nut not coming off, I hit it with the torch. Haven't broken a bolt on my old rigs since using this method, even the notorious stuck bolts so many people have issues with, holding the main Jeep TJ skid plate to the frame.

Not sure if your issue was due to Ford over torque or locking compound, but having a MAP torch can come in handy.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, can you shine any more light on this? I was watching this video and she comments toward the end that they also had an issue when installing a lift and lack of replacement parts. Seems like Ford may have torqued some of the bolts a little too much.

Edit. Wait, I think I just put 2 and 2 together now that I notice your location and looked at your avatar. Still would like to know what bolt gave you guys trouble. Thanks.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To provide an update, our Bronco went to 4WP for a professional install. They too are experiencing difficulties removing bolts and had to order replacements. Luckily the bolt they had trouble with (lower control arm) is available from Ford.

The bolt I had trouble with was one of the lower strut bolts which are only available as part of the strut from Ford and struts are not yet available to order.

There are two methods to perform the install, remove the lower control arm or remove the lower strut mount bolts.

Fingers crossed 4WP has better luck today and I am sharing post install pictures tonight.
Sponsored