Sponsored

Word of Warning to See Broncos on Display!

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went to see the Broncos today at the local dealer, but due to COVID, you have to make a reservation. They were full up, so I couldn’t get close to them. I’d originally ordered from the local dealer, but moved my order to Granger. Apparently that took me off the reservation invite list locally. Not sure if this is standard procedure elsewhere, but thought I’d offer a heads up to those that don’t have a reservation at the local dealer.
Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went to see the Broncos today at the local dealer, but due to COVID, you have to make a reservation. They were full up, so I couldn’t get close to them. I’d originally ordered from the local dealer, but moved my order to Granger. Apparently that took me off the reservation invite list locally. Not sure if this is standard procedure elsewhere, but thought I’d offer a heads up to those that don’t have a reservation at the local dealer.
I’m the only one that has a reservation for a Bronco, but they let me reserve 9 people for the event. I have family visiting and everyone was allowed to see, feel, touch...

also, there were walk ins...they just need to register at the tent

Sponsored
OP
OP
mdk100

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I’m an idiot. I just skipped to the dates and ignored the part in that thread about the reservation. However, I made another reservation at a separate dealer, persisted with a different rep, and got in. Just wanted to make sure everyone noted the pre-registration requirement.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It does make sense that a dealership would remove those who took their reservation elsewhere from their very short promo event with the vehicles. Not many dealerships have fewer orders than they have allocations. Letting their actual customer have a crack at the goods only makes sense. Non-covid times sure, line them up ten deep and have them test the cupholders.

Playing devils advocate here....

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All my local dealers told me that all the event reservations were full and it was invite only. I figured out the website thanks to the B6G post and reserved. The event was far from full, in fact I would say it had a terrible turnout. Every time slot was still open at the last minute and there weren't many people there. Not sure if the dealers were so clueless about it or they did it on purpose. Either way I don't think Ford would approve of the way they handled it.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those events have absolutely nothing to do with your reservation or your order. Everyone has had to register and it’s been all over this forum for a few weeks.

OP
OP
mdk100

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I get it, but I don’t spend all my time keeping up in everything in the forum. I’d missed the reservation part of the prior post, so just wanted to make sure no one drove a long distance to be turned away.

On a positive note, the Cactus Grey really does look great in person!

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does make sense that a dealership would remove those who took their reservation elsewhere from their very short promo event with the vehicles. Not many dealerships have fewer orders than they have allocations. Letting their actual customer have a crack at the goods only makes sense. Non-covid times sure, line them up ten deep and have them test the cupholders.

Playing devils advocate here....
Not to mention routine maintenance

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
also, there were walk ins...they just need to register at the tent
Walk in will probably vary with State rules. For CA initially they assumed my wife wasn't registered and she could go with me in the que but not to sit in the Bronco, but I registered her just in case. Attendance was low but some people took their sweet ass time, we were the 6th or 7th "group" and left with 2 min to spare before the next group batch was supposed to start.

So an hour wait to touch the MGV For 30 seconds and see how my wife likes the passenger seat

She approves so I guess it was worth it🤣
Sponsored