PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get it. Retired police, 28 years. Some things you carry with you for life. You can only stuff things down so far for so long. PTSD is real. God bless our veterans who have seen even more than I did...

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was the owner / driver in the Bronco & Tesla collision.

I am doing fine, my wounds will heal, physically. I am not going to go into details of the incident, but I will say that it does not matter what brand of car Nicole was driving, the position of the two vehicles at the moment of impact and speed at which both were traveling I don't believe anyone in that size of car would have a chance to survive. I can say the Bronco and all of it's safety features did their job remarkably, I have the airbag burns as proof.
What bothered me most about the thread is the lack of compassion for the other driver, but none of you had to witness a police officer pull her lifeless body from her burning car and administer CPR. This is something that I will have to live with the rest of my life, even though I know there was nothing I could do to prevent it. It was not the fault of a stupid driver or an autonomous vehicle gone awry but a very unfortunate accident. Please let us all move on from this.
I’m sorry you had to bear witness and experience that. If there’s a go fund me for her, please share it here

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sorry for your burden and her and her family's loss.

Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey Bud,

I'm sorry you had to witness that. It'll be a heavy burden to bear, even though you weren't at fault or responsible at all. I'm glad you walked away from an accident that severe too.

I wish you a speedy recovery from your physical injuries and as much mental peace as you can get after something like that.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am doing fine, my wounds will heal, physically. I am not going to go into details of the incident, but I will say that it does not matter what brand of car Nicole was driving, the position of the two vehicles at the moment of impact and speed at which both were traveling I don't believe anyone in that size of car would have a chance to survive. I can say the Bronco and all of it's safety features did their job remarkably, I have the airbag burns as proof.
What bothered me most about the thread is the lack of compassion for the other driver, but none of you had to witness a police officer pull her lifeless body from her burning car and administer CPR. This is something that I will have to live with the rest of my life, even though I know there was nothing I could do to prevent it. It was not the fault of a stupid driver or an autonomous vehicle gone awry but a very unfortunate accident. Please let us all move on from this.
Well said. I hope your healing process isn’t too terrible or prolonged. Can’t even imagine what you’re going through now. I hope you see the compassion all involved deserve going forward.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get it. Retired police, 28 years. Some things you carry with you for life. You can only stuff things down so far for so long. PTSD is real. God bless our veterans who have seen even more than I did...
Right there with you brother. After being retired for quite a while now there's things I've seen that my wife doesn't, and will never know about. When I first saw that picture memories flooded back into my brain.

@budfleck Bud, prayers for you sir. And, prayers for the family that lost a love one.

Last edited:

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sorry you had to go through this and glad you are well.

Maybe not my business... but if you have any kind of ongoing investigation, and even though you have not said anything in poor taste or facts of the accident, I would take this down. Maybe call me paranoid, but the internet can pull some shit on people.

Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad you are ok and sorry for the loss on the other side of the incident. Another reminder how fragile life is.

All the best moving forward.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Life comes at us all.

I hope with time you are able to heal from this both physically and perhaps more important mentally.

Thoughts and prayers to the family of the other driver so that hopefully with time they may heal as well.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was actually surprised the Admins let that thread continue. Very sad event, I hope you and all that survived heal soon. RIP to the women who didn't survive and condolences to her family.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't read that thread other than seeing the news story, but I've seen that kind of talk with general aviation accidents. I wish you all the best going forward. Very sorry you had to experience that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.