Sponsored

Worked my way down to 7 builds. Have you settled on one yet?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m pretty much settled. color is tbd.

Badlands 4D
standard tech package
2.7L / Auto
Hard top
Sasquatch
Storage bags (door & front roof)
Tow package (overpriced but I want it)
Floor mats

Aftermarket plans
- tint asap
- Fox suspension lift
- front bumper + winch etc.
- wheels & 35’s TBD
- sliders
- black MIC top ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Black Diamond 4 door, automatic 4WD, automatic transmission, 2.3 engine, mid package, tow hitch, cactus gray. Possibly adding hard top, mesh Bimini top. I’ll ask the dealer to install some yellow fog lights. I was debating the roof rails and some sort of a rooftop carrier but the wife and I have decided to wait on that for now.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've done hundreds of builds and have gone from base to badlands. Badlands with the 7% tax in Indiana ends up being more than I can responsibly spend. I would opt for an OBX, but I don't think I could live with those interiors! SMH every time I see those color combinations(n). So after a lot of deliberation, I think I've settled on these 2 builds. Probably will go with the Black Diamond for the Advanced 4x4 with AOD engagement. Haven't settled on a color yet. Considering oxford white, area 51 or race red. Who knows ?‍♂

Big Bend, 4 door, HT, signature LED, Floor liners, 2.7/AT, rear locker $43,210
Black Diamond, 4 Door, HT, 2.7/AT, AOD 4x4, $44,920
I've been waffling between BD and BL for a long time. Thought I've been settled many times. Even a couple days ago I was all in on BL. Now I'm leaning to BD. I look at the taxes I'm paying on the BL (14%!!!) and it makes me sick. Then I start looking at a BD again.

Kenny

Big Bend
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Base squatch, base squatch 6 cyl, big bend manual, big bend auto, big bend auto mid pkg, black diamond, black diamond adv 4x4.

pretty much could go any way at this point.

color unsure.

I may need some counseling by the time I order.
I keep trying different builds but I end back up at 2 with 1 of those most likely.

Really want the manual but don’t want to wait, and, I love the look of the SAS BD (saw the vinyl at Celebration East) That leaves me with a SAS BD with 2.7 AT, Mid package, towing, and winch on high end is my most likely.

BL (no SAS) with 2.3 MT, Mid, and tow if I hold to my want for the manual.

If no white top with AMB, then A51 all the way

Kenny

Big Bend
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I keep trying different builds but I end back up at 2 with 1 of those most likely.

Really want the manual but don’t want to wait, and, I love the look of the SAS BD (saw the vinyl at Celebration East) That leaves me with a SAS BD with 2.7 AT, Mid package, towing, and winch on high end is my most likely.

BL (no SAS) with 2.3 MT, Mid, and tow if I hold to my want for the manual.

If no white top with AMB, then A51 all the way
2 Door for above.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2-door Black Diamond. Carbon. Roof sound insulation, tow package, door bars. That's it.

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been waffling between BD and BL for a long time. Thought I've been settled many times. Even a couple days ago I was all in on BL. Now I'm leaning to BD. I look at the taxes I'm paying on the BL (14%!!!) and it makes me sick. Then I start looking at a BD again.
Indiana has 7% sales tax, so you are 2 X mine. Also, I think you Canadians are paying more out of the gate than those of us here in the US.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Indiana has 7% sales tax, so you are 2 X mine. Also, I think you Canadians are paying more out of the gate than those of us here in the US.
Pretty comparable on most models with the conversion....but the actual numbers hurt to see. Once tax is added I'll be hard-pressed to build a decent 4 door BD for 65k and a BL basically starts at 70k.

maricard

Badlands
First Name
Marc-Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not a competition but Quebec has 15% sales tax. And it make me sick too.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I won't bore you with all the extra options, but here are my 3 builds. Note: my must-have list is simple: manual transmission and 2-door. My main considerations are getting the most important things from factory, and adding the "frills" aftermarket/DIY.
  1. Base Mansquatch
  2. Black diamond Mansquatch w/ Mid package
  3. Stock Badlands manual w/ Mid package
Ideally option 2 (if Ford allows it). If B&P is any indication it's not looking promising.

Option 3 is my "backup" if option 2 isn't available. I love the Badlands, but all things being equal this ends up being my most expensive option. It's my dream build but my brain/wallet says it's not my ideal build.

Option 1 is my "wildcard/dark horse" option. I would consider adding more accessories bringing the final price closer to options 2 or 3. Currently my obligatory budget option to make myself feel better.

Currently narrowed down colors to rapid red or carbonized grey. (It'll probably be rapid red).

Edit: late availability is of no concern to me. I'm 28, I have many years left to enjoy this thing so no rush!

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm set on Velocity Blue, 4 door, 2.7L, Leather, Lux, 4A transfer case, tow pkg, hard top.

What I can't decide on is Outerbanks, Badlands or Wildtrak. Pricing comes out within $4k and im leaning mostly between Outerbanks and Wildtrak for interior color choices.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am sticking with my base 2 door Squatch. Actually deleted stuff after I thought about it. Have decided that if I find I need a roof rack, I'll get more capacity after market, for less. Same with the Sound deadening roof insulation, if I find I need it it's cheaper after market. Wife wanted automatic I wanted Manual, we compromised and are getting an automatic. Was pissed that there was no option for a hitch on the base, but then again I realized I can get a class III with wiring for about 1/2 the price, important if your going to tow above the the stated capacity. Not by much, but if you buy a camper with a dry weight at the tow capacity, wet it will put you over. Once you add the 1/2 again the weight as a rule of thumb...

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done hundreds of builds and have gone from base to badlands. Badlands with the 7% tax in Indiana ends up being more than I can responsibly spend. I would opt for an OBX, but I don't think I could live with those interiors! SMH every time I see those color combinations(n). So after a lot of deliberation, I think I've settled on these 2 builds. Probably will go with the Black Diamond for the Advanced 4x4 with AOD engagement. Haven't settled on a color yet. Considering oxford white, area 51 or race red. Who knows ?‍♂

Big Bend, 4 door, HT, signature LED, Floor liners, 2.7/AT, rear locker $43,210
Black Diamond, 4 Door, HT, 2.7/AT, AOD 4x4, $44,920
I am exact same crossroads. Leaning toward the BB build and will have Katskins installed where i can pick exact color interior that I want. My build will be at 42K plus 2K in new interior. If I know I could get the BB lifted a couple inches right away I would pull that trigger. Any thoughts on that?

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base squatch, base squatch 6 cyl, big bend manual, big bend auto, big bend auto mid pkg, black diamond, black diamond adv 4x4.

pretty much could go any way at this point.

color unsure.

I may need some counseling by the time I order.
I'm all over the place. Putting several colors in a hat is seriously being considered. I'm also thinking of a bronco reveal where the dealer picks from my top 3 colors and I don't know until I pick it up.
Sponsored