First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been to my second road show and Im a bit worried about the quality and durability of the seats. Im not talking material (cloth, marine grade,or leather). I know this has been touched on in the forums, but Im shocked at how beat down and squashed the foam of the driver seats look. I know it has someone jumping in and out of it non stop all day during these shows, but Id expect a but more durability.

Are these failing the real life durability test?
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been to my second road show and Im a bit worried about the quality and durability of the seats. Im not talking material (cloth, marine grade,or leather). I know this has been touched on in the forums, but Im shocked at how beat down and squashed the foam of the driver seats look. I know it has someone jumping in and out of it non stop all day during these shows, but Id expect a but more durability.

id argue that the models were still seeing are not production grade and are more or less a visual representation.

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The seats are a warranty item so if they aren't holding up to your use, have them replaced. If you want more than 3years/36,000 miles, get an extended warranty.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not totally surprised. I’m willing to give it a pre-production pass. However, I’ve noticed over the years that American cars have crappy seats on a used car. Especially if it is leather. My only theory is that they go for squishy comfort when new, which leads to a loose fit with flat spots when used.

Technology and quality get better every year, so fingers crossed for Bronco.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not totally surprised. I’m willing to give it a pre-production pass. However, I’ve noticed over the years that American cars have crappy seats on a used car. Especially if it is leather. My only theory is that they go for squishy comfort when new, which leads to a loose fit with flat spots when used.

Technology and quality get better every year, so fingers crossed for Bronco.
I've noticed the same thing. For what it's worth, our '09 Outback's seats are still very firm. My wife's '18 Outback has far squishier seats. So I wonder if it's poorer quality materials, or just softening for comfort.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Do you have a pic of what you’re talking about? The ones I saw at 2 different stops showed none of what you’re saying you see, so I’d like to see what you’re talking about. Both of those trucks I saw were MGV though....but I would be shocked if Ford didn’t know what type and density of foam to use in seats by this point....that’s why I think this is a complete non issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Buford

Buford

Wildtrak
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have a pic of what you’re talking about? The ones I saw at 2 different stops showed none of what you’re saying you see, so I’d like to see what you’re talking about. Both of those trucks I saw were MGV though....but I would be shocked if Ford didn’t know what type and density of foam to use in seats by this point....that’s why I think this is a complete non issue.
I do not. They were MGV One was more beat than the other vehicle

OP
OP
Buford

Buford

Wildtrak
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The seats are a warranty item so if they aren't holding up to your use, have them replaced. If you want more than 3years/36,000 miles, get an extended warranty.
Good to know

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure a wrinkly seat qualifies for a warranty claim. The part hasn’t failed. It’s just less aesthetically pleasing.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure a wrinkly seat qualifies for a warranty claim. The part hasn’t failed. It’s just less aesthetically pleasing.
I guess it depends on the condition of the seat and the dealer and then maybe Ford corporate. I've seen steering wheels replaced before when the leather wears. My guess is that if it doesn't pass the eye test for what it should look like to a reasonable person, it is likely a warranty claim.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The seat foam lasted 8 years in my raptor before going completely flat I wouldn't worry too much, even if it doesn't last as long, it's a fairly easy replacement.
Sponsored