Sponsored

Would anyone want to see a Bronco with no removable parts?

blackrose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. I would like to see a 3rd option for roof; full size 1 piece hard top. Already offering the soft top and modular hard tops.

I just don't trust those gaps on the modular pieces. Id love the option of having a large (yes heavy) 1 piece hard top to put on during the winters to ensure no leakage in the seals.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kingtut38

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado High Country Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of good information in this thread.

I would love to see a head to head between a fixed roof Bronco and the new Bronco Sport. My .02 is that the fixed roof Bronco will be the sales king.

For those that say there are plenty of other SUVs out there, I would say that there is simply nothing available now that combines the capability of the Bronco and 70's Defender\LC looks. Yes, it looks like an old Bronco but it also has that worldly Cruiser vibe. I can definitely see these being used in remote places if they are reliable.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suspect that down the road a bit Ford will offer a full, one piece roof. If they don't an aftermarket company will provide an option.

Personally, I'm excited for an open air design that this vehicle offers. However, there has been comments written across this forum about the excitement of "frameless" doors. I'm a little skeptical on how that translates to wind noise. As the zen master said...we'll see.

I have owned an FJ Cruiser (which I loved) and a 10A 2 door Rubicon and I can speak with some wisdom as to the beauty of a fixed roof versus a removable one. One thing is for sure is the Ford Bronco will be loved or hated depending on how well it seals up.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What purpose do you need marine grade vinyl for if you don't take the top off? That's why it's an option in the first place. It's not because of dog hair.

The simple fact here is, if they didn't make it a removable top, they never would have produced this vehicle at all. So the only reason why you have a 4x4 with 35's is because of the removable top.

Pano moon roof? Take the top off and you won't have anything in the way.....
Ever gone off-road and been stuck? Ever been off-roading with your windows down in the rain? Ever spent a day working on a muddy job site? Ever had dogs that don't just shed hair but also mud and dirt? There are plenty of ways for a marine vinyl interior to be a benefit that aren't just roof-off things.

I'll rarely have my top off. It's a cool feature. I'm not against it but if I could choose a solid roof I 100% would.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What purpose do you need marine grade vinyl for if you don't take the top off? That's why it's an option in the first place. It's not because of dog hair.
Marine grade vinyl for mud, sand, wet clothes, kid vomit, food, beverages. Quality rubber floors for mud, sand, snow, dog hair, kid vomit, gravel and exposed drains for easier cleaning.
Have you ever enjoyed the outdoors and been dirty or wet without a spare set of clothes, shoes?
I guess i will have to take some pictures of what my cloth seats and carpet(with husky liners) look like in my fixed roof f-150.

Did you find other SUVs with Sasquatch and 35s from factory with warranty?

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I find it absolutely amazing that there are people on here that would say, "Yes, I want a Bronco, but I want it to be everything that a Bronco is not."
As I posted somewhere on this forum, this right here is the one thing that would make me forget about the Bronco.

Most people would probably tell you the Bronco was (and hopefully always will be) considered a rugged off-road workhorse. It has ALWAYS had a removable roof. End of story!

If you guys really want to whine about getting 35's with a Factory Warranty then I say keep whining. Or ask Chevy or Jeep or Toyota to do it for you. Don't try to turn the Bronco into a Bronco II or a Bronco Sport. Just leave it alone plain and simple. I'm not one to tell you NOT to buy a Bronco over something else, it's your money you do what you want.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes to all except dogs.

To me this request for a solid roof Bronco is like putting a Prius power plant in Ferrari. It makes it something else entirely. That's all I'm saying. I could care less what people do with them.
Fair enough. I know the removable roof is an iconic part of an iconic vehicle. But it doesn't make the Bronco a Bronco for me. I wouldn't equate it to the extreme of a Priuserarri. I mean the 4 door bucks the trend of the Bronco too. I'd still call it a Bronco. Different thoughts though I guess. A roof isn't the definitive feature to me.

Also...pet peeve...you "couldn't" care less. :p Unless you actually could care less.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I mean the 4 door bucks the trend of the Bronco too. I'd still call it a Bronco.
Actually if you remember way back when, there was a Centurion Conversion done to create a 4 door Bronco. But yes, Bronco's never were released as a 4 door from Ford. But that removable roof is truly a breaking point. Hell you can see on these boards how much a SFA is a breaking point for others (only problem is 80's and 90's had TTB... sorry fellas you lose) ?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/ford-centurion-classic-information

Edit: And personally I'm just not a moon roof sorta guy... Hell what's next? Bring back the T-Tops from the old Firebirds? I guess we can slap them on a Camaro... why not.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fair enough. I know the removable roof is an iconic part of an iconic vehicle. But it doesn't make the Bronco a Bronco for me. I wouldn't equate it to the extreme of a Priuserarri. I mean the 4 door bucks the trend of the Bronco too. I'd still call it a Bronco. Different thoughts though I guess. A roof isn't the definitive feature to me.

Also...pet peeve...you "couldn't" care less. :p Unless you actually could care less.
I can forgive the 4 door option because just like the removable roof, they never would have produced it if it wasn't for making a 4 door an option. The market isn't there for a 2 door only and the Jeep has proven that it's more successful as a soccer mom car.

Edited for your peeving. Trying to respond while "working". It's a little slip.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can forgive the 4 door option because just like the removable roof, they never would have produced it if it wasn't for making a 4 door an option. The market isn't there for a 2 door only and the Jeep has proven that it's more successful as a soccer mom car.

I see you couldn't care less about working :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh. Bronco6G had gone downhill.
What if Ford/Lincoln made a fixed roof version of the Bronco with a truck bed and called it the Ranger? /s
Or perhaps a wagon version and called it an Everest? /s
The fixed roof version does not have to be called Bronco.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ain't that the worst? Trying to respond while actually getting work done? Throw in the fact that Doug (@Administrator ) is now making us play nice as well? End up having to actually think before we hit 'post reply'. :ROFLMAO:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Um... have you seen this post yet? Click Me

I think this will respond to your comment.

OP
OP

kingtut38

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado High Country Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What if Ford/Lincoln made a fixed roof version of the Bronco with a truck bed and called it the Ranger? /s
Or perhaps a wagon version and called it an Everest? /s
Call it the Explorer and sign me up :)

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes to all except dogs.

To me this request for a solid roof Bronco is like putting a Prius power plant in Ferrari. It makes it something else entirely. That's all I'm saying. I couldn't care less what people do with them.

I've never got anything on my seats while doing that stuff because I plan for it. Floors sure, but not seats.

Nobody ever said there was another SUV with 35's; especially sasquatch, that's just an asinine comment.
...So go buy another SUV? There are plenty to choose from. Perhaps a Blazer?
Your comment told me to buy another SUV. I stated what i wanted, and they don’t exist. I’m still reserving a Bronco (with compromises).
Sponsored