Sponsored

Would anyone want to see a Bronco with no removable parts?

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d buy a fixed roof bronco in a heart beat. The Bronco R looked pretty cool with a fixed roof. I don’t think ford would have a problem selling them at all.

While a removable roof is cool, I’d probably never use it. It’s too hot or cold most of the year to even enjoy it and too much of a hassle taking on and off.

Honestly, if the next gen Everest looks like this and made its way to the USA, I’d probably get it over a bronco because it has a fixed roof, would probably be cheaper, and could be almost as capable.

Ford Bronco Would anyone want to see a Bronco with no removable parts? 1595955214268
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes. I would like to see a 3rd option for roof; full size 1 piece hard top. Already offering the soft top and modular hard tops.

I just don't trust those gaps on the modular pieces. Id love the option of having a large (yes heavy) 1 piece hard top to put on during the winters to ensure no leakage in the seals.
It'd have been interesting if they could've done glass or plexiglass panels in the front row removable panels.

I suspect that down the road a bit Ford will offer a full, one piece roof. If they don't an aftermarket company will provide an option.

Personally, I'm excited for an open air design that this vehicle offers. However, there has been comments written across this forum about the excitement of "frameless" doors. I'm a little skeptical on how that translates to wind noise. As the zen master said...we'll see.

I have owned an FJ Cruiser (which I loved) and a 10A 2 door Rubicon and I can speak with some wisdom as to the beauty of a fixed roof versus a removable one. One thing is for sure is the Ford Bronco will be loved or hated depending on how well it seals up.
I don't expect issues with wind noise because of frameless windows - automakers/Ford have been making them for years on Mustang specifically.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Personally, I don't have much interest in a removable top. I'm more interested in low interior noise.

That said, I'm willing to accept the removable top, as it makes the Bronco's business case stronger, and helps fend off a fate similar to that of the FJ cruiser.

I find the interior noise levels in the JL Wrangler to be acceptable, so I'd hope for the Bronco to be comparable.
I don't care if they make the back section non removable. I'd never take that off. I do want the front sections removable and better yet would be to have glass removable panels. Those would cut down on noise and you could also put ceramic tint on them and have better cooling.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So essentially .... the Explorer is what you want, which exists...
That's where I was until the Bronco showed up. That's my benchmark to judge the Bronco.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's why progress and change are often painfully slow.
Progress and change are fine. You guys got your IFS and your turbo. Removable top has absolutely no reason to be changed, there's 100's of other SUV's that already fit that bill.
I'm sorry, but the removable top is part of the Bronco's DNA.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Progress and change are fine. You guys got your IFS and your turbo. Removable top has absolutely no reason to be changed, there's 100's of other SUV's that already fit that bill.
I'm sorry, but the removable top is part of the Bronco's DNA.
Bronco never had 4 doors either but...

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually ordered before I realized that the Bronco will have a removable top and doors. I'm stoked that the feature is there. I've already had stuff with fixed doors and top.

A truth for me is that I order a lot of stuff for fun. I have no need for most of the options that I get. I have not met many features that I don't like!
I'll take it all off just because I can. Most of the time I want quiet and leak free though. I'll get this muddy and try not to scratch it up off road sometime. It's fun to go on a trail. The Bronco is a real useful tool for off road that I trust will carry me at highway speed for thousands of miles also. It's cool. I'm in!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco never had 4 doors either but...
Ha... Had that come up earlier today. Yes it did. Look up Centurion Bronco. Wasn't straight from Ford, but there were a few of them back in the 80's or 90's I believe.

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I had a choice I'd choose fixed roof/doors but find the removable parts endearing and part of the Bronco's (and Jeep's) charm: quirks, rattles, and all.

Given that we don't get the choice I do plan on leaning into the removable options, especially the passenger compartment roof panels. Driving into Yosemite with a nearly unobstructed view looking up would be a dream.

Sponsored

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Give up the noise, the leaks, extra expense? In a heart beat.
Sign me up for the erector set delete.
Absolutely. If you're a person that will never take the top off (me), removable tops are full of negatives. Oh well, still buying one!

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm just thinking it might attract people that would want the look of the Bronco (which to my eye is Defender\Landcruiserish) and the refinement of a lower noise environment. There's really nothing out there now that captures what the new Bronco has going for it.

I wonder which would sell better- a fixed roof\non-removable door Bronco or the Bronco Sport?
Exactly. People want the look.

I'd take the look with fixed roof with a big moon roof and lift gate or fold up/down in back.
Sponsored