Sponsored

Would it be cheaper to reserve or just wait for it to be in the dealer lots?

Crowskay

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
First time buying a brand new car ( prefer older cars)
So would it usually be cheaper to wait until the bronco fully comes out or to go through the reservation process?
Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You won’t see Broncos on a lot unsold until at least 2022. Ford will be filling reservations at least until then. And even if you reserve right now, there are 165,000 reservations ahead of you. Just sayin.
Timing wasn’t the question though. Cost is

OP
OP

Crowskay

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
You won’t see Broncos on a lot unsold until at least 2022. Ford will be filling reservations at least until then. And even if you reserve right now, there are 165,000 reservations ahead of you. Just sayin.
Oh I already have the reservation

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Timing wasn’t the question though. Cost is
I guess even the Bronco could be bought from the Dealer Lots, they would be sold with Dealer Markups?

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Longer you wait, more chance you’ll have to wheel and deal. I’d say wait at this point.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is impossible to know unless you could negotiate price for both scenarios at the same time.
Someone here will say stick with your reservation. Another will say wait. My only advice is once you make the choice of when and where to buy, enjoy your new Bronco and don't second guess if it could have been cheaper to do it another way.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm, I was in the middle of typing out: if you have a means of controlling the price via x-plan or such then there is no harm in waiting.

But, once dealers start taking stock, they don't have to honor x-plan if they don't want to. Dealer stock won't hit the lots until 2022. 6 months after they have been rolling on the street and people lusting after them. The shine will eventually wear off but I don't see much wheeling and dealing going on for a while.

It is your money, but I think it is best to secure yourself x-plan now and find a dealer that will accept it and order come December. IF it is a matter of timing, make another reservation in December and use that one to move yourself to the back of the line.

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dealer won't get their allocations until 2022 and what they get depends on how they did with their RSVP's.

If dealers fail miserably at converting RSVP's to orders, we might see allocations on lots in 2021.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct. I will be getting back mid 2021 from deployment so I really don’t mind waiting 6 more months
If you're deployed military, I don't think you can beat the deal that is available to you through Militaryautosource ... at least that was my understanding.

And yes, there was a work around for buying a vehicle that is not yet in production....I read about it here awhile back when a member got his "reservation" locked on.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Short term, stick with your reservation

if you’re willing to wait a few years, then you could get a better deal. The Ranger is just now starting to see some good deals. When we looked last year, the dealer wasn’t willing to work with us because the Ranger was still fresh and they didn’t need to budge on the price, no rebates.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be cheaper to buy off the lot when the dealers have Bronco inventory sitting unsold. That will happen but it might be some years.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In three years maybe.. Jeep and Bronco competition will be driving prices down. If you really want to save money go buy a Gladiator, they can't give those shitty things away.
Sponsored