Sponsored

Would it be cheaper to reserve or just wait for it to be in the dealer lots?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct. I will be getting back mid 2021 from deployment so I really don’t mind waiting 6 more months
Thanks for your service and time spent in-country. Hopefully its a gentle ride without a lot of sand.

If it were me, I would take advantage of Granger's 2k off invoice deal if you wanted delivery in 2022. It's not that much longer than mid-2021, really, to save several thousand off MSRP.
Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the pin is good for a year
That's what I thought as well. So if I don't get a build until Spring or Summer 2022 this first pin was useless. But I could get the second one late next summer and hopefully be ok.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's what I thought as well. So if I don't get a build until Spring or Summer 2022 this first pin was useless. But I could get the second one late next summer and hopefully be ok.
Plus it only cost $25 to renew membership with the mustang club to get a pin so it's not like it's a huge deal.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IT actually looks more rugged than all the Wranglers my local dealer had in stock (maybe 25 of them, 5 of which were Rubies, but no Rubie Recons). I mean, don't get me wrong, the styling and practicality of it both suck. Jeep could have done one or the other really well without a lot of effort and missed the mark on both.
But sheer off-road bad assery? Rubie Gladiator looks more capable than a stock Wrangler, side by side. At least to me.
Isn't the issue the the long wheelbase and sheer size that makes the Gladiator a bit less capable off road?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't the issue the the long wheelbase and sheer size that makes the Gladiator a bit less capable off road?
Probably, as I haven’t driven a Gladiator and the last Jeep I owned was a YJ.
Just looking at the stance and perceived articulation room, the truck looked a bit meaner than the 4 door parked beside it.
but it’s my opinion, no measurements or analysis of specs between the two done. Just a “look” thing to me.

Sponsored

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m guessing by MY 2023 you should be good. There might even be some low incentives by then. Remember, the market for this type of vehicle is limited (but growing). While the bronco seems awesome to all of us here, this type of vehicle is definitely not for everyone, so while demand is extremely high right now, how long will that last?

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Longer you wait, more chance you’ll have to wheel and deal. I’d say wait at this point.
I would say just the opposite- you can get 1000 off of dealer invoice at Granger. I think you’ll have to wait quite awhile for interest to subside and dealers are offering any discount. Plus I think the first year bronco will carry a premium resale price down the road.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say just the opposite- you can get 1000 off of dealer invoice at Granger. I think you’ll have to wait quite awhile for interest to subside and dealers are offering any discount. Plus I think the first year bronco will carry a premium resale price down the road.
Actually with the new deal you can get $2k off invoice. So long as you willing to wait a bit longer than earlier reservations.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First time buying a brand new car ( prefer older cars)
So would it usually be cheaper to wait until the bronco fully comes out or to go through the reservation process?
This is my thinking: initially, buying from a reservation through a dealer that is offering some kind of discount (X-plan, stated $$ off MSRP, etc.) will be cheaper than waiting to buy off the lot. Any vehicles initially available off the lot are going to be full MSRP or higher depending on the region and dealers.

However, demand for the Bronco will ease when all of the early adopters get theirs along with people buying off the lot. When supply catches up and demand normalizes, dealers will make deals, especially toward the end of a model year. So, the latter part of the 2022 model year will likely have incentives and dealer discounts. It's possible discounts could come sooner, but if it's going to take a year or more to fill preorders, there won't be much opportunity to buy one off-the-lot much before then.

Ksm

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A few dealers in CA told me that they will not charge mark up on folks that have a reservation, but will on units sitting on the lot.

Last edited:

Dzrt1st

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch, Toyota Tundra, RX7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ksm

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm a shareholder and will use the Xplan benefit.
Ford suspended their dividend back in March. It will return eventually.
Correct about the dividend suspension but I wouldn't expect it to be gone long. Next year it should be back.

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You won’t see Broncos on a lot unsold until at least 2022. Ford will be filling reservations at least until then. And even if you reserve right now, there are 165,000 reservations ahead of you. Just sayin.
Wonder how many res. dry up on next steps .
Sponsored