Sponsored

Would it be dumb to change my reservation at this point?

joey.green

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I originally chose the big ben but I'm now thinking I want the outer banks. I definitely want the mid package and a standard transmission. I also may opt for the leather seats.
Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally chose the big ben but I'm now thinking I want the outer banks. I definitely want the mid package and a standard transmission. I also may opt for the leather seats.
If you only have 1 reservation, I would. There's been no guarantee you can switch trims, and in fact, all the info we have indicates that once you select a trim you're locked in (except for First Editions, apparently).

OP
OP

joey.green

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you only have 1 reservation, I would. There's been no guarantee you can switch trims, and in fact, all the info we have indicates that once you select a trim you're locked in (except for First Editions, apparently).
Would you suggest canceling on the ford website or contacting the dealer?

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you suggest canceling on the ford website or contacting the dealer?
I suggest making the second reservation first and then canceling the first reservation online.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t think you can get the standard transmission with the Outer Banks. It comes with the 10-speed and 2.3L
3D0F2551-D8C8-4ABB-BCAC-A2E2FB382965.jpeg

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer told me I could change if I wanted. ā€˜Youā€™ll be able to order whatever you likeā€™. This is also the same guy that called me this am to tell me order banks were open....for a sport. After I told him I reserved a black diamond, twice. So, safe to assume some dealers donā€™t know shit.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t think you can get the standard transmission with the Outer Banks. It comes with the 10-speed and 2.3L
Ford Bronco Would it be dumb to change my reservation at this point? 3D0F2551-D8C8-4ABB-BCAC-A2E2FB382965
I think that's right. Hopefully OP sees this.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i would make the 2nd reservation and keep the 1st. I think a lot of us will want to change our mind as we go through the next several months.

As long as you can swing the extra $100 (which will be refundable up until order), why not keep both.

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Outside of the First Edition, my gut tells me it's not going to matter as much as we think. It wont matter until we actually place a real order.

Why do I think this? Based upon the sheer number of options available. So I chose the Outer Banks. I want a hard top, and a 2.7, maybe some 'squatch. If at that point I said, "forget it, just give me a Wildtrak," I cant imagine the answer would be no. Think about if you reserve a base, but decide you'd rather spent 50k on an upper model - would they say no?

I could be wrong. If I am, that's okay for me, as I like what I chose.

My greatest fear is Ford, via the dealers, wont really give a crap about us. I really hope they put effort into taking care of those of us who cared enough to reserve one.

Sponsored

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure how they won't let you change. My screen shot of my reservation says Wildtrak but the email I finally got from Ford says First Edition. In the end I don't think Ford would be so rigid as to potentially lose a sale.

And I'm going to change to Badlands when it comes time to order...

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The FAQ on the reservation website clearly states that you can make changes upon placing your order. I may change myself, but will do so in December when ordering is official open to us that have a reservation.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The FAQ on the reservation website clearly states that you can make changes upon placing your order. I may change myself, but will do so in December when ordering is official open to us that have a reservation.
Also says you can change the dealer on your res, but that is confirmed to not be possible.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was going Badlands but reserved black diamond. I figured they'll always let you upgrade, going down a model or two might be tough
Sponsored