Sponsored

Would really appreciate help on deciding what trim i should get whenever the order banks open again.

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I’m gonna be honest I’d probably never go off-roading. I live in NY, 24 about to turn 25 so who knows if down the line I do but with that in mind, which trim should I go for ? I’ve always liked the look of a boxy suv Jeep Wrangler and now the bronco. I’ve seen how the Sasquatch looks with the bigger tires and lift and love the look, but don’t know if I can justify paying the extra money for it if I won’t offroad. i might be better going 4 door base and adding a lift kit and bigger tires. Or a big bend with the mid package and doing the same. Open minded to any suggestions however. Appreciate the help.
Sponsored

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get what you like and what fits your life style. I personally think the Bronco looks 100x better with the SAS package than without. The bigger wheels fills the the vehicle better and the ride height is noticeable, especially compared to other vehicles on the road.

For me it was a toss up between the Black Diamond or Badlands trim at the time. I like and feel the Black Diamond trim is the best bang for buck trim you can get but decided to go with the Badlands as I said screw it, go all out. Now if the HOSS 3.0 was out earlier then the Wildtrak would've been in high consideration.

What do you currently drive now or have in the past? If you never drove anything similar or anything that may help you loosen kidney stones than you might not like it. I'm not saying the Bronco is bad on the road because its far from it but little things like road and wind noise might bother you. You see this happen with Jeeps and such where peopel like the look but end up not like driving one. So they end up back on the used car lots.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Auto or manual? If auto, the SAS is a no-Brainer on the Base If going with a lift and 35's, because of the 3.7 gearing on the non-sas.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you are never going off-roading you already took the Black Diamond, Badlands, Wildtrak and Everglades off the list. As well as the Sasquatch package. That leaves the base, Big Bend and Outer Banks. Decide what creature comforts you want and you will figure out what trim you need based on what packages are available for each. Throw on some 33s and forget the lift.

Done

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are never going off-roading you already took the Black Diamond, Badlands, Wildtrak and Everglades off the list. As well as the Sasquatch package. That leaves the base, Big Bend and Outer Banks. Decide what creature comforts you want and you will figure out what trim you need based on what packages are available for each. Throw on some 33s and forget the lift.

Done
I would think wash-out floors/seats are great for those that like to leave their top down (unexpected rain), dogs etc., its about the only feature I wanted outside of the Base Sas, that I can't remedy cheaply/easily.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Enjoy the fun of the process and changing your mind 3,215 times.

Look, skip Sasquatch. Waste of money for you now and later mileage. Base and bb aren't what you want in NY during winter. You'll want the advanced auto.... So either OBX or black diamond. Only you can decide which makes more sense for you.

OP
OP

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get what you like and what fits your life style. I personally think the Bronco looks 100x better with the SAS package than without. The bigger wheels fills the the vehicle better and the ride height is noticeable, especially compared to other vehicles on the road.

For me it was a toss up between the Black Diamond or Badlands trim at the time. I like and feel the Black Diamond trim is the best bang for buck trim you can get but decided to go with the Badlands as I said screw it, go all out. Now if the HOSS 3.0 was out earlier then the Wildtrak would've been in high consideration.

What do you currently drive now or have in the past? If you never drove anything similar or anything that may help you loosen kidney stones than you might not like it. I'm not saying the Bronco is bad on the road because its far from it but little things like road and wind noise might bother you. You see this happen with Jeeps and such where peopel like the look but end up not like driving one. So they end up back on the used car lots.
I feel like road noise won’t bother me as much because I’d probably have music on anyways. and I’m used to the windows being down in a car driving or being a passenger on the highway. I have my license but haven’t gotten my first car yet. I’ve driven my moms Kia and brother in laws BMW before however. I should probably test drive a bronco soon and see how I like it

KKCSHIPP

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My son and I bought the base. We added Sasquatch rims/tires I found on Craigslist for the look. We saved thousands of dollars because we aren’t rock crawling our vehicles either but may need to go down questionable paths for camping and exploring.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just get an Outer Banks non-Sas. It has painted fenders and mirrors that will be a lot easier to keep clean, and there are plenty of options and packages to choose from with OBX. It comes with all-season tires that will be quiet and will ride well, but you can always put 33” AT’s on it if you ever want to.

For your usage, it’s the only one that makes sense to me…

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX non-sas driver here who hangs out with a mostly non offroad crowd.
First comment I get from all of those folks is "Love those big tires". Saying that just for perspectives sake. Skip the Sasquatch

The other big question you didn't indicate answer is whats your budget?

Nothing wrong with a base if you're cash strapped and don't mind bare bones.

Big bend mid package has a lot of value if you like things like heated seats.

OBX adds a lot more creature comfort for a bigger price tag.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OBX non-sas driver here who hangs out with a mostly non offroad crowd.
First comment I get from all of those folks is "Love those big tires". Saying that just for perspectives sake. Skip the Sasquatch

The other big question you didn't indicate answer is whats your budget?

Nothing wrong with a base if you're cash strapped and don't mind bare bones.

Big bend mid package has a lot of value if you like things like heated seats.

OBX adds a lot more creature comfort for a bigger price tag.
I can go up to 50k. I’m putting atleast 15k down when the time comes. This would be my first car so I want to be smart at the same time. I’m into exterior customization and even interior so I was thinking the base Sasquatch would be bang for the buck and I can add aftermarket things after. Or go all out with obx and the lux package

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would think wash-out floors/seats are great for those that like to leave their top down (unexpected rain), dogs etc., its about the only feature I wanted outside of the Base Sas, that I can't remedy cheaply/easily.
Armorlite will have an option in the future. Their Jeep flooring runs under $700 for a 4 door JL. I would imagine the Bronco version being around the same.

OP
OP

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Auto or manual? If auto, the SAS is a no-Brainer on the Base If going with a lift and 35's, because of the 3.7 gearing on the non-sas.
2.7 auto

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a base SAS and a black diamond non SAS and if i had to build another one it would be a black diamond SAS. I love the look of the SAS but i also love the seats and flooring in the black diamond. Even if you go cheep it will be hard to build one as nice as the SAS

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me answer your question with a question …” how long are you willing to wait first off”??

If you re not doing serious off road trails and adventures the base or any of the more basic models will be more than capable/adequate. Probably more dependent on what creature comforts are you wanting and what you re willing to pay.
Good Luck.
Sponsored