Sponsored

Would really appreciate help on deciding what trim i should get whenever the order banks open again.

OP
OP

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Let me answer your question with a question …” how long are you willing to wait first off”??

If you re not doing serious off road trails and adventures the base or any of the more basic models will be more than capable/adequate. Probably more dependent on what creature comforts are you wanting and what you re willing to pay.
Good Luck.
I’m willing to wait as long as possible to get A bronco. I’d be prepared for atleast a year to wait. I’m leaning towards a base Sasquatch. I was gonna just get a base and do a lift kit and get bigger wheels but I was told the Sasquatch holds more value and it’ would be under warranty.
Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That true….. Base Sas is probably best value for the buck but if you pay $4-6K more for Sas don’t know that you d get that much more out of it down the road. No doubt you d get “more” but who knows if that’s 50% of extra spend, 75% or what.

Market and economy could have more effect on that than any of us can guesstimate.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Auto or manual? If auto, the SAS is a no-Brainer on the Base If going with a lift and 35's, because of the 3.7 gearing on the non-sas.
You are assuming no 4A. My non-sasquatch OBX has the 4.27 gears, and I run 33.5" on it. It would have little to no difficulty with 35's.

Regarding the OP's budget, my 2021 OBX hardtop was also under $50k including the 2. 7 engine, advanced 4x4, 4.27 rear locker, Lux package, and Tow package.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a base SAS and a black diamond non SAS and if i had to build another one it would be a black diamond SAS. I love the look of the SAS but i also love the seats and flooring in the black diamond. Even if you go cheep it will be hard to build one as nice as the SAS
Lol. You just described my quandary for the last year. I’m soooo happy you were able to clear that up for me. How much difference do you notice in ride quality?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are assuming no 4A. My non-sasquatch OBX has the 4.27 gears, and I run 33.5" on it. It would have little to no difficulty with 35's.
I assumed it, because the Base can't be optioned that way. If you have an auto on the Base, it's going to be 3.73 or 4.7.

Sponsored

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol. You just described my quandary for the last year. I’m soooo happy you were able to clear that up for me. How much difference do you notice in ride quality?
I came from 30 years of jeep ownership so both ride way better. I'd say the black diamond is a little better ride but I think the seats are way more comfortable. But the look and the stance of the sas is better. If the choice is a base sas vs a non sas black diamond I'm not sure what to pick.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I’m gonna be honest I’d probably never go off-roading. I live in NY, 24 about to turn 25 so who knows if down the line I do but with that in mind, which trim should I go for ?
You don't want one like mine. It's a 2-door base Sasquatch and I bought it only for its 4-wheel-drive capability. It's always dirty.

Gratuitous photo up in the hills:
nTnh0Wu.jpg

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I can go up to 50k. I’m putting atleast 15k down when the time comes. This would be my first car so I want to be smart at the same time. I’m into exterior customization and even interior so I was thinking the base Sasquatch would be bang for the buck and I can add aftermarket things after. Or go all out with obx and the lux package
Can’t beat the value of a base Sasquatch in my opinion. The ride quality of the SAS is better than non SAS in trims other than Badlands since it has the same suspension. I have no regrets about my Basesquatch and think it’s the sweet spot. If you are even considering a lift have it come geared and suspension ready with the SAS package as on the base the SAS is a steal.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Base, Big Bend or OBX. OBX if you want the most creature comforts/tech. 4A would also be more ideal for your climate which would also lead you to OBX. I have a standard non sasquatch OBX, no rear locker (granted I do wish I optioned it for a meager 800$ I was being fickle and didn't prioritize it as much as things like the engine, and other options, lol)... I still take it on trails sometimes but it's primarily my DD. They are very capable even when not equipped in the full off-road packages.

I put Badlands takeoffs on mine and it is so much better looking but power & fuel economy didn't suffer.

If you have no intentions of off-roading, I wouldn't option Sasquatch as the 35s will lose a lot efficiency and even if you aren't too worried about it, it's not as necessary as an expense. 33s are a great happy medium.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its always been about the individual, $$$ up front, and use later down the road. I have had three Jeeps in my lifetime (67 years) and have built each one up depending on location (retired military) road, trails, rock crawling. But two of these were before Rubicons came out. My current 2015 JKU sport is basically a Rubicon without electronic disconnects. Alot more money and time spent getting this last one where I wanted it...should have gone Rubicon from get go....regearing, lockers, lift kit, bigger tires, etc, cost me more than if I had gotten a Rubicon....and no factory warranty. I bought the Badlands/SAS and could not be happier with ride...highway and trails.

OP
OP

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Base, Big Bend or OBX. OBX if you want the most creature comforts/tech. 4A would also be more ideal for your climate which would also lead you to OBX. I have a standard non sasquatch OBX, no rear locker (granted I do wish I optioned it for a meager 800$ I was being fickle and didn't prioritize it as much as things like the engine, and other options, lol)... I still take it on trails sometimes but it's primarily my DD. They are very capable even when not equipped in the full off-road packages.

I put Badlands takeoffs on mine and it is so much better looking but power & fuel economy didn't suffer.

If you have no intentions of off-roading, I wouldn't option Sasquatch as the 35s will lose a lot efficiency and even if you aren't too worried about it, it's not as necessary as an expense. 33s are a great happy medium.
with the base id have no choice but to get the sasquatch package to get the 4a. the potholes here in NY are ruthless. its either base sasquatch or OBX non sas lux package, and 4a optioned in. i feel like with the base i can also customize it to my liking since its a base. but the OBX is intriguing, but also a 7-8k price difference.
Sponsored