Sponsored

Would really appreciate help on deciding what trim i should get whenever the order banks open again.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
cant get OBX lux without SAS for $50k. Even mid level crosses50. My build was mid 50s
Well you could, back in 2021... It had to be a 2 door OBX (advanced 4x4 with Lux and Tow) ran me $47,953.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
All I know is when I was 24, anything as nice as a new Bronco was way out of my league, so what do I know? šŸ˜‚
When I was 24, I was driving a 1996 Ford Contour I bought new. Honestly a great car, and a terrible buy. That thing went down in value like you wouldn't believe. Zippy with the 16-valve 4-banger and stick shift.

With inflation, the $16,300 I paid for the Contour is pretty much dead on with the $30K I paid for my Bronco though.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base squatch and donā€™t look back. If I was more patient I would have waited until I could get a BaseManSquatch, but I wanted the 2021 model and went with the BD non-squatch with the 7MT. Put 33s on it with new wheels the weekend I bought it and will go with 35s when these are done.
If I was ordering now, Iā€™d get the Base Squatch and upgrade the easier stuff afterwards. What you get from the factory with Sasquatch on a base is a great deal.
I am interested in why you would go Basesquatch now and what you think about the BD (specifically the interior)?
I have a BD nonSas on order right now and have been back and forth on changing to a BaseSas. If I keep BD I intend to do lift and wheels/tires. If I got BaseSas I would probably leave the suspension/wheels/tires stock.
So basically I would be getting BD with upgrades (about $8k higher) for the interior and ability to choose my own wheels/tires.
What do you think?

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am interested in why you would go Basesquatch now and what you think about the BD (specifically the interior)?
I have a BD nonSas on order right now and have been back and forth on changing to a BaseSas. If I keep BD I intend to do lift and wheels/tires. If I got BaseSas I would probably leave the suspension/wheels/tires stock.
So basically I would be getting BD with upgrades (about $8k higher) for the interior and ability to choose my own wheels/tires.
What do you think?
Because the differences between a BD and Base arenā€™t that big of a deal to me. The washout interior and vinyl seats are nice, but I put floor liners in all my cars anyways and the cloth seats arenā€™t bad at all on the base. I think the look of the Sasquatch is the perfect height and itā€™s nice to have all the suspension goodies in case I get more adventurous down the road. Itā€™s easier IMO to upgrade things like seating surfaces than all of the suspension and drivetrain upgrades SAS gives you.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I love my BD, but if I could have gotten the manual SAS on a 2021 I would have downgraded to the base model to make the cost comparable to a non-SAS BD. Iā€™m still planning to put a 2ā€ level on it and go to 35s once these 33s are done.

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black diamond and call it a day. It has everything you need.

Sponsored
First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm also researching as I get ready to order when the '23 order banks open up but ordering for a college graduate who currently doesn't do any off-roading but could in the future.I really like the advice that TFL Offroad gave in their trim configurations advice...

If you aren't likely to do aggressive off-roading and rock crawling I just don't see the value in the Sasquatch package although it's a great look. The Base Sasquatch is a great value for off-roading but if it's going to be your daily driver I'd think there are better options.

My single biggest beef with the Bronco trims is that as you go up in trim levels they don't add the Mid-Package as standard except on Outer Banks. I can't understand why if you go up to Badlands you don't get Mid-Package standard. That really frustrates me. I want the added safety features in the Mid-Package and will pay $1,500 for it but at the same time if you're jumping up in trims it should be standard.

I'm looking at a 2-door automatic transmission (I'd personally love the manual if it were for me) and leaning towards either:
a) Black Diamond with Mid-Package which will give you some out of the box off-roading features for what 99.9% of people will ever do (Aux switches, skid plates, steel bumpers, rear locker) plus the marine grade vinyl washout interior which will be great if he gets a pet, gets it muddy, etc. $43-$44k

b) Big Bend with Mid-Package plus the Rear Diff locker, signature lights, Aux switches, floor mats, and tube step coming in between $43-44k.

Either way, I'd just replace the tires when do for the first change with 33" off-road tires with a 1" lift or level and you'd have a great look while being a good daily driver vs sasquatch. I suppose it then depends on if you prefer the cloth seats for better temperature in the south vs the vinyl seats that are easier to clean factored in with if you'd rather have the fancy headlights vs the steel bumpers and skid plates.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm also researching as I get ready to order when the '23 order banks open up but ordering for a college graduate who currently doesn't do any off-roading but could in the future.I really like the advice that TFL Offroad gave in their trim configurations advice...

If you aren't likely to do aggressive off-roading and rock crawling I just don't see the value in the Sasquatch package although it's a great look. The Base Sasquatch is a great value for off-roading but if it's going to be your daily driver I'd think there are better options.

My single biggest beef with the Bronco trims is that as you go up in trim levels they don't add the Mid-Package as standard except on Outer Banks. I can't understand why if you go up to Badlands you don't get Mid-Package standard. That really frustrates me. I want the added safety features in the Mid-Package and will pay $1,500 for it but at the same time if you're jumping up in trims it should be standard.

I'm looking at a 2-door automatic transmission (I'd personally love the manual if it were for me) and leaning towards either:
a) Black Diamond with Mid-Package which will give you some out of the box off-roading features for what 99.9% of people will ever do (Aux switches, skid plates, steel bumpers, rear locker) plus the marine grade vinyl washout interior which will be great if he gets a pet, gets it muddy, etc. $43-$44k

b) Big Bend with Mid-Package plus the Rear Diff locker, signature lights, Aux switches, floor mats, and tube step coming in between $43-44k.

Either way, I'd just replace the tires when do for the first change with 33" off-road tires with a 1" lift or level and you'd have a great look while being a good daily driver vs sasquatch. I suppose it then depends on if you prefer the cloth seats for better temperature in the south vs the vinyl seats that are easier to clean factored in with if you'd rather have the fancy headlights vs the steel bumpers and skid plates.
So you spend $44k on a BB then add upgrade tires add a lift or level and realignment and your at $46k(?) or spend $41k on a Base Sas, sell your SAS wheels/tires/flares for $2000, and buy a takeoff set of BB for $500.
So now discounting the (better axles, better shocks, advanced 4wd, front locker) they have about the same stance and same tires, and the Base Sas is now $6500 less..... and you don't see the value in that? The BB gets you about $700 worth of upgrades over the Base, and the ability to add the Mid for $1500, the worst value in the whole line up.
Does the BB with the mid offer any safety features other than a backup sensor?

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So you spend $44k on a BB then add upgrade tires add a lift or level and realignment and your at $46k(?) or spend $41k on a Base Sas, sell your SAS wheels/tires/flares for $2000, and buy a takeoff set of BB for $500.
So now discounting the (better axles, better shocks, advanced 4wd, front locker) they have about the same stance and same tires, and the Base Sas is now $6500 less..... and you don't see the value in that? The BB gets you about $700 worth of upgrades over the Base, and the ability to add the Mid for $1500, the worst value in the whole line up.
Does the BB with the mid offer any safety features other than a backup sensor?
Maybe I mispoke... I see tremendous value in the Base Sasquatch. I think it's likely the best value in the entire Bronco offerings. If I were ordering a Bronco for myself as a fun vehicle I would most likely order a 2-dr Base Bronco with Sasquatch package and manual transmission.

I was referring to ordering one based on the OP (and me ordering for a recent grad) that needs a daily driver vehicle stating they aren't likely to take it off-roading. In that instance I'd probably rather have 33" tires and better fuel economy over the 35" and upgraded suspension and stuff that wouldn't get used. Having two teen-age boys and one that I gave my old pickup truck to without any safety parking stuff and him backing into two vehicles- YES having the backup sensors and lane assist are somewhat important to me. I wish the Mid-Package came standard on the Black Diamond trim and ESPECIALLY the Badlands trim. It's crazy to me that it doesn't. There are $20k vehicles that come standard with that safety equipment.

I will admit I haven't thought about ordering a Sasquatch package just to take off the tires/wheels and sell them. I just don't know that I'd go through the hassle of that but it's not a bad idea.

I need a vehicle for an 18 year old graduate who got a full scholarship so we agreed to help him pay for a vehicle to go to school in (he's worked last two summers and saved up some $ for down payment). He's been driving my old pickup truck but I'm taking it back to give to my next teenager who just turned 15. I just don't think he needs Sasquatch package although it's cool. I'm thinking we are going to do Black Diamond w/ automatic. It's plenty capable for the off-roading he'd do which is more dirt/gravel roads and camping trips and then buy some 33" tires once the stock 32s wear out.

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe I mispoke... I see tremendous value in the Base Sasquatch. I think it's likely the best value in the entire Bronco offerings. If I were ordering a Bronco for myself as a fun vehicle I would most likely order a 2-dr Base Bronco with Sasquatch package and manual transmission.

I was referring to ordering one based on the OP (and me ordering for a recent grad) that needs a daily driver vehicle stating they aren't likely to take it off-roading. In that instance I'd probably rather have 33" tires and better fuel economy over the 35" and upgraded suspension and stuff that wouldn't get used. Having two teen-age boys and one that I gave my old pickup truck to without any safety parking stuff and him backing into two vehicles- YES having the backup sensors and lane assist are somewhat important to me. I wish the Mid-Package game standard on the Black Diamond trim and ESPECIALLY the Badlands trim. It's crazy to me that it doesn't. There are $20k vehicles that come standard with that safety equipment.

I will admit I haven't thought about ordering a Sasquatch package just to take off the tires/wheels and sell them. I just don't know that I'd go through the hassle of that but it's not a bad idea.

I need a vehicle for an 18 year old graduate who got a full scholarship so we agreed to help him pay for a vehicle to go to school in (he's worked last two summers and saved up some $ for down payment). He's been driving my old pickup truck but I'm taking it back to give to my next teenager who just turned 15. I just don't think he needs Sasquatch package although it's cool. I'm thinking we are going to do Black Diamond w/ automatic. It's plenty capable for the off-roading he'd do which is more dirt/gravel roads and camping trips and then buy some 33" tires once the stock 32s wear out.
That's why I mentioned swapping out the Sasquatch wheels for 35's for BBs. Sticking that $1500 in one's pocket. When it's all said and done, looking at the BB, one really has to ask if the Mid-Package is worth around $5500, because that's basically what's its costing someone.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

donniesp

Base
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I originally ordered a 2 dr base manual with Aux, pretty much bare bones. Not my daily, plan to off-road, plan to mod over time... I ended up adding to that order: Sasquatch package, mod bumper, hoop steps, brush guard, and roof rack. I took delivery early November and love it! I went with Sasquatch because of the locking diffs, I really wanted to go custom but looking at the cost/value/resale point of view on all the mods required, SAS made a LOT of sense. IF I had it to do all over again, 30 days in, I would NOT get the mod bumper, brush guard, steps, and rack... I thought I would save a lot but really at the end of the day I would go aftermarket on all of these items, spend a little more and get a more unique look, I screwed up on that part....

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You say that now...but you will go offroading at some point...AND you will want to upgrade...tires, lift, etc.....it happens. Go for broke and get the Badlands/SAS or Wildtrack. Ride is great ON and OFF road. All warranties (no warranties on lift or lockers later). 2.7. MIC. I lived in NY for 2 years serving my last 2 years in the military and remember how the winters were. Had my Jeep and was glad I did. Don't know of anyone who bought a lower end Bronco that did not upgrade.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Base Sasquatch and no regrets unless you have a lot of extra money for the higher packages. I've driven nearly all of them, owned a base-squatch and now an Everglades. The base-squatch with the 2.7 was really everything I needed.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Iā€™m gonna be honest Iā€™d probably never go off-roading. I live in NY, 24 about to turn 25 so who knows if down the line I do but with that in mind, which trim should I go for ? Iā€™ve always liked the look of a boxy suv Jeep Wrangler and now the bronco. Iā€™ve seen how the Sasquatch looks with the bigger tires and lift and love the look, but donā€™t know if I can justify paying the extra money for it if I wonā€™t offroad. i might be better going 4 door base and adding a lift kit and bigger tires. Or a big bend with the mid package and doing the same. Open minded to any suggestions however. Appreciate the help.
I'm going to answer your question a little differently. My advice (for most 24 year olds) is that buying a brand new vehicle isn't the soundest financial decision at your age (probably true for this 37 year old too). Looking back to when I was in my 20s, always buying the most expensive vehicle I could afford at the time was a terrible financial decision. Not saying that's the case for you.
Sponsored