Sponsored

Would Ford Everest cut into Bronco sales?

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you haven't heard of the Everest-think of a Ranger with a body instead of a box.

The 2023 Ford Everest Is the *Other* Ranger-Based SUV (motortrend.com)

Apparently Ford thinks it would cut into Bronco sales. I'm not so sure. I think it would be a competitor for the 4Runner, Cherokee/Grand Cherokee, because what do we hear from some of the crew here? "The Bronco is nice but wind noise no fixed roof leaks snow gets in" so here's your overlander to kill the $Runner. Hard top BOF so it should be able to tow as much as a Ranger.
It's what the Explorer used to be when it came out, before it became a tall station wagon.
You people interested? I could see this working for familes looking for something a bit less wooly than a Bronco but would still get them out into the woods or the wilds.
Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw an Everest a while back with Manufacturer plates. Stopped and talked to the two engineers driving it and asked if it was ever going to come to the US. They smiled, stuttered and said, "probably not" Ok light's green, cya!

My wife was with me at the time and we both agreed it was a sharp looking vehicle and would probably purchase one if they were available. I would suspect it would cut into Bronco sales and other sales.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lots of talk and posts about this in the past. IIRC original worry was we might get a bastardized version of the Everest as the Bronco. Do I think it would sell? probably but the Sport pretty much has the small SUV spot in Ford's line-up summed up and anyone wanting anything more you have the 6G.

NinjahGoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It would probably cut into the sales very slightly but not a measurable amount. The Everest can tow more, can have 3 rows, and probably better fuel economy with the same engines. The Bronco has a retro/polerizing design language with removable roof and doors. I was going to buy a Bronco but I need better tow capability, the Everest would fit that bill if Ford brought one over. I would love to see a Wildtrak Everest.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope. Wouldn’t even be a consideration.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco? Maybe slightly. Perhaps unhappy Bronco owners would trade. It’d cannibalize some Explorer and Expedition sales. It’d compete with Jeep and Toyota’s in the same segment. Would it sell? Sure. But let’s be fair; Fords got enough problems producing their current lineup. Me? I’m here for the Broncos.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

God did I stumble back onto the Ranger forum. I feel like I have seen people asking this question monthly for the last three years.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like it, but I think it would cut into Explorer sales. It does resemble an old Explorer, which I like. The new Explorers are pretty much more of a car at this point with how low they sit to the ground.

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It should be a completely different demographic but honestly 50% of Bronco buyers are purchasing with no intention of ever leaving asphalt so this would be a option for someone like that.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It might take some bronco sales, I think it would cut more into Explorer and Edge sales, but I believe the Edge is on the chopping block.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No significant impact. It doesn’t have the off road appearance what so ever. More of a grocery getter. Wouldn’t appeal to those into Broncos.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like it, but I think it would cut into Explorer sales. It does resemble an old Explorer, which I like. The new Explorers are pretty much more of a car at this point with how low they sit to the ground.
1997 Explorer ground clearance: 6.7"

Motor Trend's Explorer review from 1997:
With the Explorer's street-tuned suspension and limited ground clearance, its four-wheel-drive capability should be viewed as insurance for getting out of trouble, not an excuse to go seeking wilderness thrills.
2023 Explorer Timberline ground clearance: 8.6"

Which "old Explorer" are you pining for?

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
The main reason I have my Bronco is for a 4dr convertible. Its just a plus that I can take it offroad (logger roads).

For those who complain about the wind noise, other issues related to a convertible top and more creature comforts, the Everest would be a better option if you want to stick with Ford.
Sponsored