Sponsored

Would you abandon the Bronco for the FJ?

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is money to be made in the segment the Jeep currently owns.

The high interest the Bronco is receiving is arguably due to Ford doing their homework and thoughtfully or luckily deciding to resurrect it beautifully in the mold of the original and giving it credibility to be a true off-road SUV.

If Toyota were to theoretically be inspired to do the same with their own legendary FJ40 series (obviously for financial reasons to gain a share of this lucrative market segment) and bring it to life staying true to the original's appealing qualities would you abandon your decision to wait for the Bronco and wait for the FJ instead ?

51572684-D283-431D-AB7C-21E298EA2380.jpeg

B4429AD2-F94E-4123-890A-E4DD8543A197.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The high interest the Bronco is receiving is arguably due to Ford doing their homework and thoughtfully or luckily deciding to resurrect it beautifully in the mold the of original and giving it credibility to be a true off-road SUV.

If Toyota were to theoretically be inspired to do the same with their own legendary FJ40 series (obviously for financial reasons to gain a share of this lucrative market segment) and bring it to life staying true to the original's appealing qualities would you abandon your decision to wait for the Bronco and wait for the FJ instead ?
Not a chance for me... Bronco or Bust

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Toyota screwed up when they discontinued the FJ, those are worth nearly as much (if not more) than new on the nicer examples. Ford swooped in and took that market thankfully because I've always wanted a resto-mod original Bronco but at $100K starting price it was never going to happen. If Toyota wants back in, they're next model would need removable doors and roof. I'm all for them trying, it can only force better products from Ford.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, but I may trade my Fj cruiser in for it if it had a solid front axel.

Sponsored

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I grew up a cruiser head. 1978 FJ40 from 15 till 36. I’ve had a FJ55 and FJ60. And I am now a blue oval guy. I was part of the original throw back group questioned on ih8mud. And they didn’t take any of our advice. I’m still carrying a chip on my shoulder for that disgrace that was the FJ Cruiser. I’m now a blue oval guy. And will be building my new crawler from a ‘70’s bronco base.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking at picking up a FJ a few years ago right before the bronco was announced. Like said the used ones with 75k or less were selling for almost what the original msrp was. I was looking at the 4 runner too. I am all in on the Bronco so not this time. Now if they did come back out with one...the wife might want one so it would replace our Escape. I plan on keeping the Bronco for a long time.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This hypothetical makes no sense. Toyota somehow kept secret a new FJ and is able to bring it to market before Bronco.... and it somehow hits all the heritage marks that Toyota is incapable of doing on any other vehicle? A bridge too far for me. ?

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the reliability of Toyota and if they could get a classic yet modern look... It would be really hard not to look at the Toyota. Those FJ40 where freaking awesome looking.

Man this in my opinion this is a better comparison then Jeep. ... Reason I say that is Jeep never left.

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Would you abandon the Bronco for the FJ? Untitled

I'm sticking with Ford. Toyota would really have to knock it out of the park with similar features and better reliability to steal some sales. I hope they do since competition benefits all of us. Some tundras built for overlanding have an aggressive look that I like.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

The high interest the Bronco is receiving is arguably due to Ford doing their homework and thoughtfully or luckily deciding to resurrect it beautifully in the mold the of original and giving it credibility to be a true off-road SUV.

Absolutely not!!
Sponsored