Sponsored

Would you abandon the Bronco for the FJ?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope....I couldn’t do it...Because of one word.

America???
Fair enough!

Could you be prevailed upon to do it were the Bronco made in say Canada or Mexico?
Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fair enough!

Could you be prevailed upon to do it were the Bronco made in say Canada or Mexico?
Lol then yes I would think about it. But Ford being an American company I would still lean towards it. Lol But yes being built outside at one of those factories I would be fair and let the thought in.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FJ no, but cybertruck yes ?

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my earlier comment in 'What Age Are You'.

I am still missing the 1972 Toyota FJ40 soft top I got when I graduated in 1975. Took that thing everywhere; mountains, streams, desert, snow. There wasn't anywhere it wouldn't run. Bought a Bronco II in 1984 and was really disappointed. I had been looking at mid 70s FJs until the new Bronco showed up. Now here I am, back to a Ford.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my earlier comment in 'What Age Are You'.

I am still missing the 1972 Toyota FJ40 soft top I got when I graduated in 1975. Took that thing everywhere; mountains, streams, desert, snow. There wasn't anywhere it wouldn't run. Bought a Bronco II in 1984 and was really disappointed. I had been looking at mid 70s FJs until the new Bronco showed up. Now here I am, back to a Ford.
Ford Bronco Would you abandon the Bronco for the FJ? 1598767966331

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She’s a beaut!??
Representative picture, Mine was white with a full roll cage and Armstrong Norseman tires on white spoke rims. It also had an auxiliary fuel tank that gave me 400+ mile range

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope. The only thing I would consider would be a New International Scout. And that is only because of the nostalgia factor for me - my Grandfather had one for many years. I don’t have any ties to the Bronco like that - unlike most others here, it seems.
Would you care to explain why you would be unwilling to switch to the FJ even though you have no ties or historical connection with the Bronco?

Sponsored
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a long time past
Owner of an FJ- I loved it for its tonka toy looks- had a 2 inch lift with 35s, but man it was a pain in the arse.. blind spots galore, don’t get me started on how many times I replaced the windshield..
and the suicide doors were garbage...
Man I do miss the damn thing...
Precisely.
When you love something you’re able to ignore its shortcomings.

You would wait for a good replacement for the FJ.

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i'm no loyalist, i'm an opportunist. so, i will go for whoever offers the most bang for my buck. if toyota were to put something out that competes with the design and mech specs of a bronco or jeep them i'm in. toyota has one of the best off road reps so it would absolutely worth a look if the decided to dive in again.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

300-Series Land Cruiser - "stripped-out off-roader"

According to this, it will use the same platform as the new 2022 4Runner

Ford Bronco Would you abandon the Bronco for the FJ? 0-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-SUV-Black-1001x565%20%281%29

Here’s What We Know About the Massive Changes Coming to Toyota’s Lineup
Toyota Land Cruiser / Lexus LX

The 300-Series Land Cruiser, on the other hand, will reportedly lose its luxury focus and return to its roots as a stripped-out off-roader.
https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a703934/toyota-suv-pickup-sports-car-lexus-sedan-massive-changes/
New Toyota Land Cruiser 300 Series 2021 to be 'stripped-out off-roader'

News regarding the incoming Toyota LandCruiser 300 Series keeps coming in thick and fast, with the latest report claiming it will be a “stripped-out off-roader”.

Referencing a leak from a recent Toyota dealer conference, Allcarnews reports the LandCruiser will “lose any sort of luxury focus in favour of hardcore off-roading” as part of its eagerly anticipated generational change.

No other 300 Series details were provided as part of the report, so we’re left to ponder whether the LandCruiser will go down the same path as the new-generation Land Rover Defender, which is unwavering in its off-road focus.

If this report is to be believed, those features and more are unlikely to be found in the 300 Series, which is expected to be released around the middle of next year.

The off-roader is said to be adopting a ladder-frame version of Toyota’s ubiquitous TNGA platform and will naturally come with a four-wheel-drive system only.

The 300 Series will reportedly offer three powertrain options, including 2.8-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder and 3.5-litre twin-turbo V6 petrol engines, the latter of which will also be available in hybrid form.
Read More: Toyota Land Cruiser 300 Series 2021 to be revealed in July with TWO new 3.5-litre V6 engine options - reports

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-ne...21-to-be-stripped-out-off-roader-report-78477

OK, Wait. What's the Deal With the New Land Cruiser
Last year, there was quite a bit of talk circulating about the discontinuation of the Toyota Land Cruiser. Some felt it was about time. Others were flabbergasted. Rumors were rampant of whether or not this famed and rugged off-roading Toyota SUV was really discontinued.

So far, Toyota has been incredibly vague in their limited statements. At this point it’s still not totally clear what’s going on with the New Toyota Land Cruiser, including when or whether an official U.S. release date will be announced.

According to CarsGuide in Australia, the new 300 Series Toyota Land Cruiser is set to be a “stripped-out off-roader.” The new generation Land cruiser will receive a full makeover including improved frame strength. It’s going back to its utilitarian roots –– so we’re told.

In addition, the 300 Series is said to give buyers three different powertrain options. We’re pretty certain the 2.8 liter turbo-diesel won’t make it to the states. If the New Toyota Land Cruiser does hit U.S. production, it will most likely offer only the new 3.5 liter twin-turbo V6 engine and its hybrid counterpart. They’ll be available only in four-wheel drive.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ok-wait-whats-the-deal-with-the-new-land-cruiser/

Last edited:
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
300-Series Land Cruiser - "stripped-out off-roader"

According to this, it will use the same platform as the new 2022 4Runner

Ford Bronco Would you abandon the Bronco for the FJ? 0-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-SUV-Black-1001x565%20%281%29

All that is very interesting reading.

It would be unbelievably exciting to see a stripped out tough as nails version of the LC but I cannot imagine that Toyota would do such an offering without also continuing to sell the luxury versions with all the bells and whistles.

The fastest way for Toyota to deliver a hardcore SUV is to simply provide a no frills version of whatever the 300 gen is supposed to be. It will shave years of development time and be much cheaper than starting say an FJ40 or FJ70 revival from scratch. They could bring the FJ70 from other markets to the US but for some reason I doubt they will.
Sponsored