Sponsored

Would you and your family sell everything and live the Nomad life in your Bronco?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

for full time nomad I'd have to convert a school bus or something like that, van or Bronco would be too small, though I just saw a video of an older woman who does just that in a 2 door wrangler, going all over the country. I need more stuff around me, some books, guitar, a nice couch.The big RVs with slide outs are nice too, I'm just always disappointed how cheaply they are put together and the inside decor is just not my thing with fake leather and all that. Build quality isn't all that great, my friends are just getting up to one year full time nomad, quite some warranty repair to take care of. Plus they bumped into something and got a small hole (maybe tennis ball size, if that) in their roof and had to have the entire roof replaced to fix that. Crazy. They're already customizing the inside, getting rid of one plastic couch and replacing it with a custom table with storage underneath, next is tossing the other couch and replacing it with two recliners. But they love the life on the road so far, somewhere in Michigan right now I believe.

I watch quite some nomad videos on youtube, I plan to give it a try in the Bronco for a week or two, drive up the coast from SF to Seattle, avoiding any freeways if possible. If that works out well, other trips are to Moab past Mono Lake again avoiding as many freeways as possible. So kind of on pavement overlanding, see how I like that for a week or two, then try it in the desert far away from people. Get back into outdoor photography while I'm at it, have some adventures. Which is really why I'm getting the Bronco to begin with, adventure awaits!
Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Would you and your family sell everything and live the Nomad life in your Bronco? tenor (2)

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you want the nomad life? True story, real life example, from an extended family member. They grew up with their family moving every year, sometimes in the middle of the night to escape the rent that was due. All the children struggled through school with some dropping out and finally got a GED. The parents, since divorced, the kids, several adopted the nomad life style, moving all over, every few months, wherever they could get someone to let them park, a job here, a job there, no jobs at times. Yup, divorce and a sting of scattered relationships all across the county.

There is a difference for someone that is retired or has a mobile job such as logging in from anywhere, but for others, you just may see them at an off-ramp or intersection near you with a sign in their hand...
Ford Bronco Would you and your family sell everything and live the Nomad life in your Bronco? tenor (2)
Ford Bronco Would you and your family sell everything and live the Nomad life in your Bronco? 1622676056411

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like to think I could do it and have mentioned it to my wife. Her reply was basically “see ya”!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd like to flat tow the Bronco behind a motor home, keeping home base as home base. People round here do things in reverse. We live at home in the winter and nomad summers, because 110 degrees is no fun. Wife likes the truck and travel trailer though. The Bronco is new, and i got a few years left to work, so we got time to figure it out.
Sponsored