Sponsored

Would you and your family sell everything and live the Nomad life in your Bronco?

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, but we would sell everything and live the nomad life towing the bronco behind a motorhome :).
Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd never do it (maybe dream about it). Check out Unstoppable Morgan's YouTube channel. Saw one of her video's a couple of months ago. She's impressive. Here is a walk through of her Bronco she built...

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife and I seriously talked about doing van life for a while. It was partly fueled by my wife not loving the city we were living in at the time. This was pre-pandemic.

I was not on board with the idea. I'm happy to travel in a van (or Bronco) on vacation, but I did not want to call one home.

We did end up moving to a timber house in the woods, and buying a RZR though.
Your wife is cool

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of did this in my early 20's. Buddy and I packed up his 99 Cherokee classic back in 1999. Buddy had just graduated a 2yr tech school program and I had finished up 2yrs and was about to transfer to a 4yr school (ended up taking 2yrs off).

For 43-45 days straight we drove/camped/hiked/backpacked around the western US. After that I would work a little to save up a bank roll and bounce again if only for a week and why it took another couple of years to get back to it. We were in our early 20's with no kids, wife, career, mortgage/rent so we loosely followed a few Trek America routes and combining two for a epic road/camping trip. We still talk about it today and travel with our families at least 1x a year.

When I told my Mom what I was planning on doing before I could even get it out she was saying do it...go. She and my aunt traveled for 3mo when my mom was 16-17 and my aunt was in her early 20's in the aunts (just finished her teaching degree) 67-68 convertible Camaro.

I would without a doubt encourage anyone to do this if they can. I am beyond glad I had the chance and ability to take advantage of it.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a chance

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
The wife and I are talking about doing about becoming "part time Nomads" when we retire. Spend the winter months camping in the southern states then back to Michigan for the rest of the year.
Ya gotta get back to Michigan in time for the skeeters! 😳

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

friends of mine sold everything and bought a huge RV (with several slide outs) and trailer their car behind, fully nomad. Currently heading towards Maine for the summer, but they also just bought 5 acres outside of Tucson as a winter spot. They are in the gem show / jewelry business and I guess that area has lots of shows etc. But for the last year they spent life mostly on BLM and Ntl Forest land, far away from any pandemic/sick people. In Michigan right now.
Not quite a colorful converted school bus, but same hippy life.

I hope my 4door will be big enough inside to sleep for a couple days and not having to deal with a tent, we'll see how that goes. But full time nomad? Not in this little truck. My friend's RV is way too big for what I'd like, a nice converted 4x4 delivery van would be neat to have though. Head on out for a month or two.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would kill to do something like this. Just get away and live like a nomad, even for just a brief time. But then life happens, and roots happen, and you gotta keep them kids in school, because they got friends, and you know they need them. But you, you need to know what it's like to just live like no clocks are in charge of your life. that nothing controls you except your wits and your power to fix anything that comes your way.

It's best to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Do it.

OP
OP
ReimundKrohn

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would kill to do something like this. Just get away and live like a nomad, even for just a brief time. But then life happens, and roots happen, and you gotta keep them kids in school, because they got friends, and you know they need them. But you, you need to know what it's like to just live like no clocks are in charge of your life. that nothing controls you except your wits and your power to fix anything that comes your way.

Do it.
👆. This. Profoundly true.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do it.
only regrets I have are those about things I haven't done. I've done plenty stupid stuff that got me into trouble, but if time were to rewind, I'd probably do them again, seemed like a good idea at the time, LOL.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Been there, done that, happy in our jungle cabin home. I lived in and out for Econolines for years as a dirty hippy. My wife spent years as travelling animal hand in an RV with her family when she was young. It is funny watching all the new hip folks doing it these days. Makes me think back on the real hippies that saw me living on the road in the 2000s. Makes me wonder if its a cyclical thing that sends people out like that. All I can say is that my head is full of symbolic memories that I could never fully explain.

One fond memory is dancing to Baba O'reilly on top of my van surrounded by about 20 punk rock kids in a church parking lot in Poway California.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I was going to do something like this..it would be in a AWD 2021 Ford Transit..plenty enough room..6 footer can stand up inside..a Bluetti sol gen...and have fun..chasing the sun...
Sponsored