Sponsored

Would you and your family sell everything and live the Nomad life in your Bronco?

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your wife is cool
Yes, she really is. She is very good at making the most of opportunities. On the other hand, I am more conservative, and have a resistance to change. We do balance each other out, which makes life better for both of us.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would love to sell my house and liquidate some stuff. My annual NJ property tax bill will eventually eclipse the cost of a base bronco. Freeing myself from that expense alone could have me amassing a base bronco each year for a nomadic tribe life.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My Bronco order is part of my future retirement plans plus I am already 100% remote so I may "take off" more and work from anywhere.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldnā€™t be a nomad in a Bronco, but I most definitely could do it on a sailing catamaran. Flip-flops, swimsuit and beach bars in different bay every day, yeah I could do that.
A ginormous cat would work for me. As long as it comes with a full staff. šŸ˜‚

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would love to sell my house and liquidate some stuff. My annual NJ property tax bill will eventually eclipse the cost of a base bronco. Freeing myself from that expense alone could have me amassing a base bronco each year for a nomadic tribe life.
Yep, Iā€™m in CA so Iā€™m feeling the same pain. But where do we go instead, I canā€™t handle hot hot weather, I dislike bugs and I like my creature comforts. OK, the nomad life is not for me.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Kinda already did that a couple times, briefly - once when I was 17 in my '73 Bronco and again after retirement in a pickup truck. As much as I valued the travel, it is nice to have a real toilet, a real shower, a reliable place to do laundry, and vehicle maintenance/projects. My perfect world would be a large metal shop on acreage with an Airstream inside to sleep in... some lawn chairs, the grill, and fake grass set up in front of it. Build a real (nice) bathroom and laundry room in the corner of the huge shop space, maybe a deck on the roof for a view. Gas grill, Big Green Egg, and the Camp Chef would be all the kitchen I'd need. The shop utility sink would be fine for washing dishes.

Alas, the acquisition of four large dogs and a girlfriend with a day job was the death knell to traveling full time. Even with the Excursion, the dogs are a lot to deal with and the girlfriend doesn't get enough time off to really "get away".

Do it in a Bronco? Unless my life situation changed drastically, probably not. Though, if I bought a loaded Badlands, I'd probably have to live in it to afford the payments.

OP
OP
ReimundKrohn

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Kinda already did that a couple times, briefly - once when I was 17 in my '73 Bronco and again after retirement in a pickup truck. As much as I valued the travel, it is nice to have a real toilet, a real shower, a reliable place to do laundry, and vehicle maintenance/projects. My perfect world would be a large metal shop on acreage with an Airstream inside to sleep in... some lawn chairs, the grill, and fake grass set up in front of it. Build a real (nice) bathroom and laundry room in the corner of the huge shop space, maybe a deck on the roof for a view. Gas grill, Big Green Egg, and the Camp Chef would be all the kitchen I'd need. The shop utility sink would be fine for washing dishes.

Alas, the acquisition of four large dogs and a girlfriend with a day job was the death knell to traveling full time. Even with the Excursion, the dogs are a lot to deal with and the girlfriend doesn't get enough time off to really "get away".

Do it in a Bronco? Unless my life situation changed drastically, probably not. Though, if I bought a loaded Badlands, I'd probably have to live in it to afford the payments.
Not if you can afford an Excursion and the fuel cost for it! If you turn the radio down and listen hard as you drive, you can hear that beast gulping fuel.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not if you can afford an Excursion and the fuel cost for it! If you turn the radio down and listen hard as you drive, you can hear that beast gulping fuel.
The 7.3 Excursion cost me $9k, and curiously, it gets better highway mileage than a loaded BadSquatch. 60 months of 2.9% financing on a high-optioned BadSquatch is over $1000 a month - add in the insurance, it's rather spendy before even considering fuel economy.

Fun fact: in 2002, the 7.3 Diesel Excursion was rated a Low Emissions Vehicle by the State of California. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
ReimundKrohn

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 7.3 Excursion cost me $9k, and curiously, it gets better highway mileage than a loaded BadSquatch. 60 months of 2.9% financing on a high-optioned BadSquatch is over $1000 a month - add in the insurance, it's rather spendy before even considering fuel economy.

Fun fact: in 2002, the 7.3 Diesel Excursion was rated a Low Emissions Vehicle by the State of California. :ROFLMAO:
That was a CRAZY good deal on the Excursion - well done! šŸ‘.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could see it if I had known about this option when I was 24 and leaving the Marines, but not now that I have a career, a house and a 3 year. When the kid is off to college I'll probably go part time nomad but I'm keeping the house.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So you want the nomad life? True story, real life example, from an extended family member. They grew up with their family moving every year, sometimes in the middle of the night to escape the rent that was due. All the children struggled through school with some dropping out and finally got a GED. The parents, since divorced, the kids, several adopted the nomad life style, moving all over, every few months, wherever they could get someone to let them park, a job here, a job there, no jobs at times. Yup, divorce and a sting of scattered relationships all across the county.

There is a difference for someone that is retired or has a mobile job such as logging in from anywhere, but for others, you just may see them at an off-ramp or intersection near you with a sign in their hand...
Ford Bronco Would you and your family sell everything and live the Nomad life in your Bronco? 78825031will.work.for.food

Last edited:

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Saw this was posted on YouTube. Takes a lotta guts to make this kinda move. Not gonna lie; thatā€™s one helluva adventure....

Considering I live on my own this wouldn't seem like such a bad idea.

I am wanting to get a small teardrop trailer with my Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited: