Sponsored

Would you buy a "Bronco Bones" (between Base and the Big Bend)?

Would you buy a Bronco Bones?

• Total voters

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am curious, how many people would buy what I would call a "Bronco Bones"? I know I would be on the list for one. Put the price between the Base and the Big Bend...Or even the same as the Big Bend. Thoughts on a "Bronco Bones"?

Keeps:
-8 inch screen
-Standard safety equipment
-Electric windows & locks (optional upgrade)
-Option of Manual or Auto Transmission
-Locking diffs with 210 axel front and back (standard)
-Vinyl/Rubber Floor (standard)
-MGV (optional upgrade)
-4.7 gears with 33s (standard) whether manual or auto transmission
-Hard top or soft top (optional)

Get rid of:
-ALL the new GOAT Modes, including one pedal and turn assist
-Electric Transfer Case
-Eco-Boost Engines

Add in:
-Naturally aspirated engine
-Manual Transfer Case (I think the F250s could still get them in 2019)
-Manual Sway Bar Disconnect
-Hybrid Engine like Jeep 4xE (optional)
Sponsored

Last edited:

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, this would likely add unnecessary complexity and cost to the production and sell a quarter of a percent of anything else. The customization available on this vehicle is already crazy and while I get why you might want some of that stuff, it is 2021 and some of that technology will be here to stay so I doubt it’d ever happen. Minus the hybrid, that definitely will.

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've come to the conclusion if I am going to spend good $$$$ on something, I am going to get what I want and not short change myself. For example my daily driver is a 2010 Honda Civic coupe, a good safe reliable car, but its just BORING BORING BORING BORING. Its the reason i ended up buying my '77 project.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You had me until the get rid off and add sections. Not giving up the 2.3, it's been my engine of preference since the Bronco was hinted.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean, this would likely add unnecessary complexity and cost to the production and sell a quarter of a percent of anything else. The customization available on this vehicle is already crazy and while I get why you might want some of that stuff, it is 2021 and some of that technology will be here to stay so I doubt it’d ever happen. Minus the hybrid, that definitely will.
I understand your position….4Runner offers Electronic Transfer Case on some models, Manual for their Off Road Trims. I prefer reliability over cool tech crap….Computers are more likely to have issues and break or leave you stranded.

I laugh, because being a pilot in the military, the more tech driven acft we have fly the least because of electrical gremlins 🤣 I’ll take simple and analog all day, every day with the reliability over cool tech….But that’s just me.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just buy an older bronco and add your list.
Again with the "just buy a [insert different vehicle than the one OP is talking about]". This is getting ridiculous.
I had a 66 Bronco and sold it in 2014. Modern Technology is great, to include suspension.
I understand and share your desire for something that gives a bit more off-road chops with a few comfort options but not too much tech at a decent price point. Unfortunately it's likely not going to happen. They're already struggling to meet production demand as is with the current scheme, and probably aren't going to make wholesale changes anytime soon, just tweaks to satisfy common customer complaints. Also we live in a tech-forward world where vehicles are advertised and priced based on this stuff, and they won't want to undervalue their product.

We can always keep dreaming though - that's what platforms like this forum are for.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Again with the "just buy a [insert different vehicle than the one OP is talking about]". This is getting ridiculous.

I understand and share your desire for something that gives a bit more off-road chops with a few comfort options but not too much tech at a decent price point. Unfortunately it's likely not going to happen. They're already struggling to meet production demand as is with the current scheme, and probably aren't going to make wholesale changes anytime soon, just tweaks to satisfy common customer complaints. Also we live in a tech-forward world where vehicles are advertised and priced based on this stuff, and they won't want to undervalue their product.

We can always keep dreaming though - that's what platforms like this forum are for.
I’m definitely worried that the abundance of Technology in the Bronco is going to be it’s Achilles Heel 🤪

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lockers and the 210 in front would have been all the options that I needed. Even helical LSDs in front and rear with the 210 in front would have been good!

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am curious, how many people would buy what I would call a "Bronco Bones"? I know I would be on the list for one. Put the price between the Base and the Big Bend...Or even the same as the Big Bend. Thoughts on a "Bronco Bones"?

Keeps:
-8 inch screen
-Standard safety equipment
-Electric windows & locks (optional upgrade)
-Option of Manual or Auto Transmission
-Locking diffs with 220 axel front and back (standard)
-Vinyl/Rubber Floor (standard)
-MGV (optional upgrade)
-4.7 gears with 33s (standard) whether manual or auto transmission
-Hard top or soft top (optional)

Get rid of:
-ALL the new GOAT Modes, including one pedal and turn assist
-Electric Transfer Case
-Eco-Boost Engines

Add in:
-Naturally aspirated engine
-Manual Transfer Case (I think the F250s could still get them in 2019)
-Manual Sway Bar Disconnect
-Hybrid Engine like Jeep 4xE (optional)
The only reason the Base was priced so cheap in the US (certainly not in Canada - the diff is only $1500 Canuck bucks here) was to hit a price point and gain market share. It was, in other words, offered to American buyers at a substantial discount over standard margin. There is no way in hell that will continue into 2022. Ford has a massive pent up demand and no reason to discount the hottest off roader on the market. The price difference between Base and Big Bend, assuming both models move forward, will all but disappear.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
all i want is a manual on a 4 door base lol thats bones enough for me.

having a manual t case in my JLUR is a PITA, it only wants to shift into 4HI/Lo about half the time and sometimes i gotta roll it forward, shift gears etc. No thanks!! Never had an electronic t case fail on me

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish list:
ManSquatch (coming "soon")

Man w/ Mid (Big Bend. BD)

Cold climate pkg .... heated seats and wheel.

All available in lower trim series.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

all i want is a manual on a 4 door base lol thats bones enough for me.

having a manual t case in my JLUR is a PITA, it only wants to shift into 4HI/Lo about half the time and sometimes i gotta roll it forward, shift gears etc. No thanks!! Never had an electronic t case fail on me
Say you keep the electronic transfer case. Would that start putting it back into the realm of the current base? I’m not saying that a manual transfer case or anything else I am talking about isn’t a pain in the rear end at times, but think that when you look at long term reliability, technology, turbos, etc…Makes it hard to own something for 10 plus years without gremlins, major maintenance, etc…

I 99 coded this year, and waiting to see how these vehicles improve for next year. I’m hoping Ford gets everything worked out so that I can purchase my Bronco without worry….If there are still major issues being posted, I’ll wait until 23. Unfortunately I do not make enough money to have a garage queen, just to say I have one and have it leave me on the side of the road. Especially with a toddler with me most of the time.

Reliability is the only thing I care about and all the tech Ford has thrown into this, although on the surface is very cool and I like it….When the rubber meets the road, results is the only thing that matters and right now the results are mixed….We never hear about the good, only the bad, which makes the perception difficult.
Sponsored