First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A friend of mine has an opportunity to buy a dealer mannequin. It's a loaded Badlands non-sas with 2100 miles and some dealer installed lighting, storage, etc. Dealer was originally trying to sell it for $15K over MSRP which was a non-starter. But they're now willing to sell it for MSRP plus $5K for the accessories. So the question - would you buy a dealer mannequin? Thanks in advance...
Sponsored

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No I wouldn’t. It’s safe to say that thing wasn’t treated easy during the “break-in“ period. 2100 miles and 5k over MSRP? Nope.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've seen how they get driven, and I've seen how I've driven one. Hell no!

They've been bounced off the rev limiter off a cold start more times than a 16 year old's Civic.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would. The accessories were mandated by Ford. They are expensive, but there is no way around it. I would not consider ADM. My only concern with many demos are the 2.7L as they all received an early build. But there is a warranty that will protect the buyer whether it is a new Bronco off the manufacturing line or whether it is off the dealer's showroom floor.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No I wouldn’t. It’s safe to say that thing wasn’t treated easy during the “break-in“ period. 2100 miles and 5k over MSRP? Nope.
I've test driven 3 mannequins. All 3 were thoroughly flogged. Salesmen didn't care. 2 of them encouraged it.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both of the mannequins at the dealer near me have had trips to the body shop due to mishaps. Doubt those will be reported to the new owner.

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A friend of mine has an opportunity to buy a dealer mannequin. It's a loaded Badlands non-sas with 2100 miles and some dealer installed lighting, storage, etc. Dealer was originally trying to sell it for $15K over MSRP which was a non-starter. But they're now willing to sell it for MSRP plus $5K for the accessories. So the question - would you buy a dealer mannequin? Thanks in advance...
Depends on how badly your friend wants one. I know the managers at the local dealer here have taken the Bronco for themselves on the weekends and I'm sure they were beaten on. I'd be hesitant as I'm sure it wasn't treated well. However, it may be his/her only chance to get one at MSRP + the cost they are attaching for those accessories without actually placing an order and playing the waiting game.

Last edited:

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - SAS w/ LUX Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I would seriously consider it. Especially if you can get them to fix the little things that people screwed up who didn't know how to properly remove the soft top (if it has soft... such as the tabs and snaps).

However if I looked under it and inspected the bash plates, and they were all mangled or scratched up, then I would say a hard no. That mileage isn't that high. The mannequins I have seen and driven both had 2X and 3X more than that.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've test driven 3 mannequins. All 3 were thoroughly flogged. Salesmen didn't care. 2 of them encouraged it.
"Just bring it back with some rubber left on the tires!"

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No thanks. I'd even wait for a used one that someone loved, over the dealer demos.

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I would seriously consider it. Especially if you can get them to fix the little things that people screwed up who didn't know how to properly remove the soft top (if it has soft... such as the tabs and snaps).
Correct - it is a soft top.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depends. If it's exactly what I wanted, that's what a warranty is for I suppose. I might try to negotiate an extended warranty in there. I would be concerned of hard miles from people romping on it (I know I wanted to feel the full experience of the vehicle when I test drove them so I put them through their paces, as many do)... and if it was 2k miles of that I would be weary. I suppose it depends on the price and how well it matched what I wanted.. and that would only be if ordering was out of the question. A personal use, used one might be a better option.