First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
100% no!! I know how people drive the test cars - they want to see the acceleration first and foremost and that is totally against the proper break-in process. The only time I'd take a mannequin is if it was significantly marked down (like 10-15% off). Other than that, hell no.
Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've seen how they get driven, and I've seen how I've driven one. Hell no!

They've been bounced off the rev limiter off a cold start more times than a 16 year old's Civic.
Our dealer mannequins mostly just sat on display in the showroom. 🧐

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe. As others have suggested, do a through examination underneath for rock scrapes, etc., the tires and wheels for tell-tale signs of abuse, and go over the rest of it very carefully. Get the dealer to agree to fix anything out of sorts. Ask for the vehicle service/repair history, and confirm in writing that there has been no body damage or repairs that are not on the vehicle service/repair history report. Maybe see if you can get the $5k in dealer add ons waived or reduced further in price, and, if not, see if you can get some added value and peace of mind by getting them to throw in an extended warranty at no added cost (as part of the $5k in extras).

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely yes

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would after just getting off the phone with a dealer about a demo. This particular dealer would not 'demo' the vehicle if they got a $5K deposit. They'd have to let it sit for a few more months before they release it, but if you pony up the $, no one will drive it. That said, it's a 2 door BB that they want $48K for, so I won't be putting down the deposit for that one......

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heck no. You think people drive the crap out of a rental car? Well this is essentially an off-road rental vehicle that hasn’t even been broken in yet. I wouldn’t touch that with a ten foot pole, even if it still is under warranty, etc.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've bought two demo f250 over the years, no issues with either, both under 5k miles and both GREATLY discounted....no way I'd pay MSRP let alone ADM on any demo.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've test driven 3 mannequins. All 3 were thoroughly flogged. Salesmen didn't care. 2 of them encouraged it.
This ^

So the answer is 100% no shot. When I took my local dealers mannequin for a test drive that was one of the first things I asked was mind if I hammer it and salesmen said go for it. Pretty sure it had less than 1k miles on it. I can only imagine how the mannequins have been treated on test drives. I mean, they were literally built to be test drive units. No shot

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've test driven 3 mannequins. All 3 were thoroughly flogged. Salesmen didn't care. 2 of them encouraged it.
"Thoroughly flogged" 😆

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No chance!! Overpriced and abused. Might as well buy a well worn rental car and overpay for it.

Would have to be heavily discounted for me to ever consider one and I'd likely still pass on them.

Most have bern thoroughly used and abused.

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks everyone. Aside from all the reasons mentioned above - I was concerned about what bugs were possibly worked out after the mannequins were built. Just another reason to say no. I'll let you know what my friend decides.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Should make a POLL that would give the No a better chance of being the majority.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it was built the way I wanted, then HELL Yes I would buy it. Everyone makes it sound like you would be stuck with a lemon, you can sell it in a year and still make money.
Sponsored