Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

With the news of further delayed hardtops, my own included, I started thinking about the option of prioritizing my own funding for aftermarket accessories.

I have changed my first edition to a loaded badlands and removed the hardtop.

My question is this: Who wants to have an aftermarket option built?

What about a preorder with special pricing for those willing to put down a deposit?

What features would you like as options?

Personally I think this would be an option to have even better built tops with more features than what would come from Webasto… Also I sorta say screw Webasto anyways.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Personally I think this would be an option to have even better built tops with more features than what would come from Webasto… Also I sorta say screw Webasto anyways.
Except for the fact that it would probably cost $$$ to deliver something like that. Low volume means you get expensive or cheap. You can't have both (unless you paid a lot of money for cheap crap, but I digress).

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are they going to make them faster. They've got to have Broncos available for engineering and manufacturing. When and where do they get the vehicles to do all the work that goes into design, before manufacturing even starts, and all of the issues that go along with that. Webasto has everything they need to produce tops. A/M needs everything just to get started, so it seems they'd be WAAAAYYY behind.

havingfunyet

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Base
In my opinion it would be much harder to have a well fitting hardtop bought after you have the Bronco. Soft tops are ok aftermarket because there is more flexibility in the fit.

OP
OP
BuckWildOffRoad

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Except for the fact that it would probably cost $$$ to deliver something like that. Low volume means you get expensive or cheap. You can't have both (unless you paid a lot of money for cheap crap, but I digress).
I don’t disagree about shipping. I never stated the top would be built cheap. Nobody wants a cheap top, and if they do, I’m not willing to produce it. I am only about quality, which is not cheap to develop or produce.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BuckWildOffRoad

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How are they going to make them faster. They've got to have Broncos available for engineering and manufacturing. When and where do they get the vehicles to do all the work that goes into design, before manufacturing even starts, and all of the issues that go along with that. Webasto has everything they need to produce tops. A/M needs everything just to get started, so it seems they'd be WAAAAYYY behind.

I’m not talking mass production for every bronco built, that’s not where my head is at. I’m talking about a hardtop for people who want a better built, more featured, custom hard top.

OP
OP
BuckWildOffRoad

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Im trying to figure out which is more likely, a high quality affordable soft top or hard top...

I feel like a soft top ships UPS, a hard top ships on a pallet...

if you get a soft top, odds are you'll never have a hard top.
Affordable is relative to each person. This likely wouldn’t be for those who could only afford the $700 above cost from factory. Think lower quantity, higher cost, but also higher quality and more features.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh yes, but I don’t want to buy one from Ford. There will be others producing them with different enhancements etc

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking about this earlier - I would look at an aftermarket hard top. Heck, look at all the options for pick-up truck canopies you can get. I’m sure there will be some well-built options and some cheap crappy ones, and a bunch in-between.

I suspect it’ll be a few years before we see a mainstream aftermarket hard top solution. Early days you’ll probably see some random ones, but they’ll be expensive AF… supply and demand right now too also plays a factor.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can only get a hard top so I don't really need one, but I could see maybe buying a nicer one at some point, maybe in white or body color.

I wonder if there would be a market for a super cheap 1 piece fiberglass hard top for those soft top guys that just want a sturdier winter top.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think any of the fiberglass truck cap manufacturers like Leer, ARE or Snugtop could have produced a MIC or Painted Hardtop better than Webastards.

Probably either ARE or Leer could produce an aluminum work cap if the demand would support the costs.

You can only blame Covid-1984 so much to cover management and industrial design flaws.

Jcal

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the news of further delayed hardtops, my own included, I started thinking about the option of prioritizing my own funding for aftermarket accessories.

I have changed my first edition to a loaded badlands and removed the hardtop.

My question is this: Who wants to have an aftermarket option built?

What about a preorder with special pricing for those willing to put down a deposit?

What features would you like as options?

Hey Bud,

I know I’m a little late to the party but I would for sure buy am aftermarket hard top. I ended up changing my order from the Wildtrak to the Badlands with a softy just to get it earlier.
In terms of features, a quieter lid to keep the noise out. I hear some of the factory tops have been creaking and what not. So, more noice cancelation and a manual moon roof would be awesome. I know it seems redundant but something to let some air in on the go would be great.

Anyway, first post here. Was on the hunt for an aftermarket hardtop and saw your poll. Just registered and glad to join the community. Cheers.
Sponsored