Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Beach_Bum by pocket windows on the corners, do you mean so it looks like a full wrap around rear window that does away with the rear post look? If so, that’s what I’ve been hoping to see as well... to just be able to remove three hard plastic windows with interior latches but leave the rest of the top on. Easy to replace if they got scuffed up. Could use pre tinted polycarbonate and little stainless latches. Ok, I’m not good at describing what’s in my head, but I think it would be really nice.
I'm apparently not good either at describing what I see. My reference to the "pocket" windows" is those shown on the Gr8Tops site on the rear pillar. Or just what you described.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone, will build an sectional top for aftermarket for sure. Hell, there is probably a Billy Bob right this second building one out of aluminum in their garage.

b1lf

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Bud,

I know I’m a little late to the party but I would for sure buy am aftermarket hard top. I ended up changing my order from the Wildtrak to the Badlands with a softy just to get it earlier.
In terms of features, a quieter lid to keep the noise out. I hear some of the factory tops have been creaking and what not. So, more noice cancelation and a manual moon roof would be awesome. I know it seems redundant but something to let some air in on the go would be great.

Anyway, first post here. Was on the hunt for an aftermarket hardtop and saw your poll. Just registered and glad to join the community. Cheers.
One piece hardtop with a sunroof/moonroof that can operate / would clear a roof rack would be the best option.

For me, it’s the biggest flaw to the Bronco from a practicality standpoint from someone who lives in SoCal and will be chucking a surfboard on a roof rack all the damn time.

One of the reasons why I keep looking at a Defender or 4runner………

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would like to see a 2 door hard top with sliders, wimbledon white color. if sliders are not possible, removable windows please. and the indside of the white top should have white sound deadener, keeps the interior brighter
oh yeah, and clear glass to match the front windows on the 2 door for the more uniform look

Last edited:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except for the fact that it would probably cost $$$ to deliver something like that. Low volume means you get expensive or cheap. You can't have both (unless you paid a lot of money for cheap crap, but I digress).
Yep I agree. The old adage of manufacturing that you can pick 1 to 2 of these three but never all three:
Fast, Cheap, Quality.
Fast & Cheap & it won't be quality
Quality & cheap & it will never be fast
Fast & Quality, it will never be cheap ;)

jhenson81

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will definitely be looking for an aftermarket hard top as soon as my Bronco gets here. I only ordered a soft top just so it would get here quicker.

I wouldn't want many options over Ford's current design, i.e. removable roof panels. Removable side windows would be a plus, but not required IMO. If some of the more reputable top makers offered preorder, I would jump in on day 1!

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually want soft top inserts that have real glass or similar to glass inserts so they dont look wavy when installed.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually want soft top inserts that have real glass or similar to glass inserts so they dont look wavy when installed.
Look for anyone who makes boat canvas that uses EZ2CY. YOu wont be able to use the back lift feature since the back windows need to flex to use the kickstand feature.

Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look for anyone who makes boat canvas that uses EZ2CY. YOu wont be able to use the back lift feature since the back windows need to flex to use the kickstand feature.
I could be ok with that. I may look at a DIY solution when I get mine.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My buddy just picked up a Jeep Gladiator and is looking at tops made by RSI. Their modular concept is pure genius. It looks to be a very well-built top. I'm hoping they get into the Bronco Game. Anyone who makes aftermarket tops and is seeing the struggle Ford is going through knowing that all customers are skipping their preferred hardtop will be a market ripe for picking. Not cheap, but well built. Just get them into the Bronco game!
These are so nice:
https://www.na.rsismartcap.com/

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the news of further delayed hardtops, my own included, I started thinking about the option of prioritizing my own funding for aftermarket accessories.

I have changed my first edition to a loaded badlands and removed the hardtop.

My question is this: Who wants to have an aftermarket option built?

What about a preorder with special pricing for those willing to put down a deposit?

What features would you like as options?

Personally I think this would be an option to have even better built tops with more features than what would come from Webasto… Also I sorta say screw Webasto anyways.
I'm now in the same boat as many others, knowing that a hard top is what I prefer, but having ordered with a soft top to get my Bronco sooner.

If the aftermarket beats Ford at producing an acceptable hard top at an acceptable price, then that's probably what I'll get.

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think ultimately the aftermarket will make a better hardtop than Ford. But I certainly want to see it in action and have some other people test before I order.

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

"Better" is probably different for everyone. For me, it is one-piece, white and with a little slant/slightly fastback look. The aesthetics of the MIC are unacceptable to me both color and shape. I get the appeal of the multiple roof panels but that is also multiple wind whistles and multiple areas for water to leak. One piece and fastback are nice to have, white is a must for me.
If Ford restricts a white modular top to an overpriced "heritage" edition, I think there will be a lot of people who will want the look of the white top without having to buy the most expensive Bronco in the lineup. That's a potential customer base.
Sponsored