Sponsored

Would you drop your order if a December(2022) model had better colors?

Would you drop your order if a December(2022) model had better colors?

• Total voters

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have read lots of comments how people wish Ford offered more ore different colors. Has anyone one else wondered what it would take to give their a new paint job? Since the Bronco is suppose to be very modular maybe changing colors would be easier? Not sure. I have no experience with vehicle painting. I was driving yesterday and I came across an awesome color on a Range Rover called Byron Blue. I think it would look really good. It is a silver blue or ice blue reminds me of a color you would see on an early Bronco.

Byron Blue.JPG
Very expensive to do it right.

Engine bay,door jams,under hood,etc.

Better off wrapping it
Sponsored

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In a heartbeat. If you have a choice between getting exactly what color you want as opposed to something that is available just a few months earlier

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Poor phrasing on my part, I meant if someone dropped the order and went for a 2022*
Gotcha. That's another question though - would there be such a thing as a reservation once this thing is actually being produced (rather than being the advanced prototype that it currently is)?

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gotcha. That's another question though - would there be such a thing as a reservation once this thing is actually being produced (rather than being the advanced prototype that it currently is)?
What if Ford runs into model year 2022 and isnt done with the 2021 reservations and the colors change ,some get deleted,new options. Then what?

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m pretty much all in with Rapid Red, but if a dark green was announced for 2022, I’d wait in a millisecond.

Sponsored

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would. In the past several weeks we've learned that the FE will be available in 4 exterior colors and, in all likelihood, only one interior color. The latter probably further narrows the former to 2 acceptable options; neither of which are very exciting. So, with our current understanding of things, I'm going to be disappointed with the appearance of the FE.*

Well, good thing I reserved a WildTrack too, huh? Kinda. With the Warthog/Raptor rumors a-flying, I'd be remiss to order a fully-loaded WildTrack (likely more expensive than an FE** and less exclusive) with such appetizing alternatives just around the bend. Add to the mix that I'm driving an entirely capable Jeep Rubicon JL and am paying it off faster than it's depreciating, so waiting only improves the finances.

*The B&P (hallowed be thy name) will answer all questions.
**The B&P (praise be onto it) will assuage all uncertainties.

Nate

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Part of me says go with Cactus Grey, but I will most likely go with white and white is white so it does not matter.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, if pretty much all the 2021s are customer orders my 21Base 4dr in ironic rental silver will be a rare duck.
Love your new name for the Silver. Too funny!

Sponsored

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No!
I like Area 51, but want to see Cactus Grey before ordering.
I figure after a few hard hits I'll be doing some body work and or mods and can change color then if needed.
I will say if 2022 has a 2.7L (or more) with manual trans, I would have a hard time not waiting on the 2022.
For now I'm settling on an automatic to get 2.7L in my Badlands Non-Sas and will give that techie stuff a solid workout.

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a heartbeat. If you have a choice between getting exactly what color you want as opposed to something that is available just a few months earlier
I am 99% sure I am going to hold out from ordering my Bronco until I can get a color I really really want. With all the great mock-ups of colors and white roofs -- my mind is set. I fully believe Ford is listening/watching. Voice of customer is the real deal and the Bronco will continue to evolve and hopefully please people with "new stuff" or new colors now/then. I hope that the Dealer voice is heard on input for colors. Some of the boring colors will always be offered -- as will the standard colors -- but hoping for more exciting colors in the list to please the masses (like a classic light blue, grabber blue, yellow, desert tan, and decent shades of green). I think they do a pretty good job on Mustang colors and will eventually on the other horse in the stable (or corral) too!

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m in for white with a black top. I’ll drive it a couple of years and sell it if there’s something I like better. Just like I do with whatever vehicle I drive.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have 3.5 of the current colors that I like, so I’ll probably just go for it. (Yup a .5 because I can’t make up my mind.)
My current truck is almost at 200K miles so, it’s time.

But if they added TRUE Classic EB colors like Boxwood Green, New Lime, Springtime Yellow, Peacock Blue, or Skyview Blue I would have a heart attack and then adjust my plan from the hospital bed.

When the rumors of the “Heritage package” were swirling about I was hoping that each model year they would offer 3-5 classic colors with white roofs. I know that it would be an expensive package but, I would lower the model and select that kind of heritage package.

Ford call me, I have some ideas.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not if you buy a white or black Bronco and two tone it.
Paint the MIC top white/black and leave everything above and behind the black plastic cowl cover white/black.

Color change: Unbolt the quarter panels, doors, tailgate and hood.
That would be an easy horizontal painting job.
You'd have to work hard to get runs in the paint.

Hard part would still be the door jams and rear tailgate area.
Sponsored