Sponsored

Would you drop your order if a December(2022) model had better colors?

Would you drop your order if a December(2022) model had better colors?

• Total voters

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 3.5 of the current colors that I like, so I’ll probably just go for it. (Yup a .5 because I can’t make up my mind.)
My current truck is almost at 200K miles so, it’s time.

But if they added TRUE Classic EB colors like Boxwood Green, New Lime, Springtime Yellow, Peacock Blue, or Skyview Blue I would have a heart attack and then adjust my plan from the hospital bed.

When the rumors of the “Heritage package” were swirling about I was hoping that each model year they would offer 3-5 classic colors with white roofs. I know that it would be an expensive package but, I would lower the model and select that kind of heritage package.

Ford call me, I have some ideas.
Love the idea -- keeping fingers crossed on those EB colors. Skyview Blue is awesome choice!
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have read lots of comments how people wish Ford offered more ore different colors. Has anyone one else wondered what it would take to give their a new paint job? Since the Bronco is suppose to be very modular maybe changing colors would be easier? Not sure. I have no experience with vehicle painting. I was driving yesterday and I came across an awesome color on a Range Rover called Byron Blue. I think it would look really good. It is a silver blue or ice blue reminds me of a color you would see on an early Bronco.

Byron Blue.JPG
I don't know why people expect Ford to offer colors that are hard to come by on any make or model? It's like the $25k bare bones truck everyone claims they want, but few actually ever buy. If there was a market for Avocado Green, Ford and everyone else would offer it.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Zero change of Ford releasing the 2022 colors in December.

ozzman469

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keeping the 2021. If they come out with a color scheme in 2022 or later, well, that's what paint jobs are for.

Sponsored

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Say the delivery dates are still June, maybe July, Aug, Sept.... and then they announce the 2022 model with [your favorite color int/ext], would you drop your order and wait?
That's a hard "no" for me but I encourage all other people with reserves to wait. Whatever gets me up the reservation list, I'm all for it :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would wait IF they made the next models colors known that early. I just don’t see any scenario where Ford would do such a thing.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it really is into 2022 before any hit lots after they fill reservations. I imagine resale will be very good. I’ll just sell mine or trade. About the only thing that would get me to trade would be a Warthog.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will drop everything if I can't get a test drive.

Sponsored

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I’m gonna Line-x mine as soon as I get it so there’s no reason for me to wait based on color.

That said, I like Cyber Orange enough that I would go with that instead of waiting (if I weren’t gonna Line-x).

I assume the color selections for 2021 are being limited by Ford so they will have something new to market for the 2022 model (along with other trim/option combinations they know we want but can’t get in the 2021 model).

Slightly off topic but Ford is basically gambling that the first-year hype alone will sell a sufficient number of Broncos in spite of the less-than-stellar color choices and seemingly arbitrary option limitations that are in place for 2021. I’m a non-apologetic Capitalist so I ain't gonna waste time excoriating Ford for doing whatever they think will make them the most money both in the short and long term. It’s their money to risk. We can either buy it or take our money elsewhere. Either way, it’s a first-world problem that I can live with.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm good with the exterior color (Cyber Orange) but more orange or lime might change my mind as would the interior choices . But more than likely not as if possible I would only lease for a few years so then I could see what's available then

Deleted member 12854

Say the delivery dates are still June, maybe July, Aug, Sept.... and then they announce the 2022 model with [your favorite color int/ext], would you drop your order and wait?
I heard some companies will actually paint your car whatever color you want in exchange for money

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted an olive drab or forest green, so if they offered that I'd drop my order in a heart beat. And if course of a Raptor-like variant became available.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard some companies will actually paint your car whatever color you want in exchange for money
That's just extra money and they may actuality suck at it.
Sponsored