Sponsored

Would you feel bad if a bigger Bronco model was added later?

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
An updated version of my 95 would be sick, stuff that 7.3 gasser in it and I'd sell my left nut for it. PS please don't ask me about my right one.

You already gave it away.

You have a 7.3 gasser crate engine ordered and you sold your right nut to get it.
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not even a little bit.

I have no interest in a V8 - by all accounts like the 2.7 will be plenty powerful, and I don't buy vehicles based on the sound they make.

I'll admit that I'm a little curious what other refinements will be available with the Raptor, but given how modular it sounds like the Bronco will be, I'm confident that it will be possible to make lots of improvements down the road.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But the V8 is also lighter than the 2.7L which is going into the actual production 1st gen size Bronco.

So a full-size Bronco getting the lighter V8 shouldn’t be anymore nose heavy than the actual production Bronco.
Good point, I did not know that. I’m guessing you meant the current v8 would be lighter than the 2.7L v6’s going into the 6th gen Bronco (2021) and not first gen (1966) v8?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good point, I did not know that. I’m guessing you meant the current v8 would be lighter than the 2.7L v6’s going into the 6th gen Bronco (2021) and not first gen (1966) v8?
Yes as in the current Coyote.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How about a 5.0L hybrid? That might be a trip!

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would you feel bad if Ford released a larger bronco to replace the Edge with a V8 in it, Not warthog? After you already purchased your Bronco?
Nope

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco is already close in size to Edge, so I'm guessing you meant to compare it to a larger "Explorer".

The answer is no for me. I have a Flex and was looking to get something smaller because I just don't need that space on a regular basis.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would you feel bad if Ford released a larger bronco to replace the Edge with a V8 in it, Not warthog? After you already purchased your Bronco?
No. My wife and I want the 2-door primarily because we'll be parking it on the street, and shorter is better here in the city where finding a spot is super competitive.

We prefer the look of the 2-door over the 4-door, and we want to buy a Base model which is $4700 less expensive. We also like that it includes the hard top, over the 4-door's default soft top. Also planning on going with the manual, so we're hoping to build the absolute lowest cost Bronco possible.

For every extra foot of length, the chances of finding a parking spot is probably reduced by about 20% here, so a 4-door Bronco would be about 30% more difficult to park. Our other car is also short (a Mk7 GTI), and it's the perfect balance between ample size for the two of us plus the dog. The 2-door Bronco should have roughly the same cubic ft inside, perhaps a little less sq ft behind the front seats but a lot more height, which our greyhound will appreciate.

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like my Expeditions for hauling more people and gear and they are more than capable off-road and I can still get a V8 in the older ones. I'd like to see a 'full-size' Bronco if it had a V8 in it though. It's the only thing I'll really miss in the new Bronco is the lack of a V8. I know it seems like so many don't care but it just completes the experience for me and many others. It's like a Mustang with a V6. Sure fast and all with great mileage but not for me. Gotta have that V8 (when it's offered).

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why do some of you people want what is essentially a 4 door with 2 of the doors welded shut?
Not everyone wants to haul people, some folks want to load up with hunting/fishing/camping gear, dogs, tools, even stuff like lumber. I think a two door the length of a 4 door with no rear seats and a drop tailgate would be ideal.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not everyone wants to haul people, some folks want to load up with hunting/fishing/camping gear, dogs, tools, even stuff like lumber. I think a two door the length of a 4 door with no rear seats and a drop tailgate would be ideal.
Take the back seats out of a 4 door and still have the extra doors for easy access to stuff in the back?

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Take the back seats out of a 4 door and still have the extra doors for easy access to stuff in the back?
That would work but if it was available as a long 2-door I would still opt for the 2-door. I would prefer the wider doors and longer side windows on the back shell, I'm guessing they would be similar in size to those on an old IH Scout II. Regardless, it's not something Ford is going to build. I'm sure the potential market is me and perhaps a few dozen other people. :giggle:

Wiser Bronco

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think one very important thing to understand, manufactures always to need to innovating there product. With either major or minor improvements to make it appealing to the customers (us).

So that being said, im very happy with the current options. Would LOVE the 3.5 EcoBoost - but such is life.

Probably thinking of a coyote 5.0 swap already... but will see.
Sponsored