Sponsored

Would you have rather waited for Bronco to launch?

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the uncertainties, late availability, lack of information/demonstrations that came with Ford's Bronco launch, would you have rather Ford waited until they had all the details ironed out? Even if the wait was another year or two, before you even got to see one?

Or despite all the frustration, you're glad you finally got to see it, and will grin and bear it for the chance to get behind the wheel of one as soon as possible?

I for one am glad it's launched. I'm not buying a Bronco for nice looking seats, modern conveniences, exact paint colours I want, in the sun and shade. (although it would be nice to have all those things). I'm buying it to have a fully capable off-road vehicle that, I think most of us would agree, it is.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the uncertainties, late availability, lack of information/demonstrations that came with Ford's Bronco launch, would you have rather Ford waited until they had all the details ironed out? Even if the wait was another year or two, before you even got to see one?

Or despite all the frustration, you're glad you finally got to see it, and will grin and bear it for the chance to get behind the wheel of one as soon as possible?

I for one am glad it's launched. I'm not buying a Bronco for nice looking seats, modern conveniences, exact paint colours I want, in the sun and shade. (although it would be nice to have all those things). I'm buying it to have a fully capable off-road vehicle that, I think most of us would agree, it is.

What are your thoughts?
No. I can see enough to know that it is a badass vehicle and punches every block I was looking for with it...so no. I'm actually glad that some people will be dissuaded, so that maybe I'll move up in line.

I can get a 4 door, with 400lbs of torque, stock 35s with factory bilstiemns and lift, front and rear lockers with strong axles, front sway bar disconnect, removable top, wash out interior and seats, great looks....so no, I am am happy and am not worried that I would have chosen a different thread color on the seats. The thing is awesome....most of the bitching is just over-thinking meaningless details and hand wringing.

Ford's marketing team sucks....but that is of little consequence since the vehicle is kick ass.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m stoked that Ford has launched and re-branded the iconic Bronco..

I’ve never been a car guy- more of a motorcycle type but Bronco has always been my “dream” rig...
Has the launch been perfect -fu$k no but we are humans we are an imperfect bunch... part of the fun with this is making the Bronco our own, make it your personality, your own tattoo so to speak...

Let’s get dirty...

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I actually have no complaints with Ford. I didn't expect a perfect roll out and generally don't fret things I cannot change. I'm ready to order.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's a loaded question. I am fine with the launch as it's going. Sucks for those that will have late availability options and some of the communication should have been better.

To your point on modern conveniences though, its 2020 and I think they did drop the ball on some things. I mean I am about to spend 45K on a vehicle that doesn't have power seats. That was a hard sell to the wife lol

Sponsored

mjopp

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No I don't want to wait. I'll take the dark gray not black hard top, I'll take not knowing minor details about the vehicle. If anything, seeing real people get their C8 Corvette deliveries has only solidified wanting to get an order in and take delivery as soon as possible. There's going to be some unknowns, there's going to be some choices that seem confusing now, nothing is set in stone until they start actually building production Broncos. I recognize that some people want to drop $50k on a solid off road vehicle, but if they're not ok with a little leeway then they should hold off and play the wait and see game.

Browsing this forum is real weird, because it reminds me a lot of going to video game forums in the early 2010s. Individuals who are information hungry who've put $5 down to pre-order $60 game that hasn't even been finished yet. Criticizing minor details of pre-production images or videos, "How could they do this, why didn't they think of this?" sorta callouts, and in most cases those end up being a vocal minority.

I get this hyper detailed oriented audience who wants everything spelled out now 9+ months before any real consumer will get their hands on a vehicle, but its just unrealistic. If you're uneasy or uncomfortable with it, then get ready to sit on the sidelines and play the waiting game. More than a lot of us are content with what we're seeing.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just like the rest of 2020, launch and B&P are typical train wrecks. I can live with that. Give me the Order Bank next month and I will give Ford some more of my money. Let all of the naysayers drop out and I move forward (July 13 reservation) and see my Bronco sooner. :cool:
Ford Bronco Would you have rather waited for Bronco to launch? Bronco6G Avatar

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a bit helter-skelter and they aren’t perfectly to my tastes on things. But They could have waited till it was all ironed out and just said here ya go. The fact they are even listening is really something for a car company. That being said, I’m buying it for the beast in it, the rest is fluff.

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Launch and b&p is a mess, but coming from ford... Not really surprise. Specially Ford Canada.

Glad that i have something to play around and try to figure out how and why would i take that... Not everything is there... Its a leap of faith, but fell in love with the design and capabilities.

Ill wait if i have to... But at least they gave something while we wait to order

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Heck i can be patient till mine comes i ordered 8 or so min after reveal.
I do believe you all that wait 1 or 2 years are going to get a better product way more bugs gone.
Like i said i swallowed the hook im in now.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm torn on this one as well but something that still bugs me is that Ford's official statement was that they were going to do the release on ??? but it got postponed because of COVID.

From what we have seen, Ford was clearly no where's close to being ready to release pre-covid.... so there is some BS going on there.

And then to add to it, all those months that was postponed because of Covid.. they couldn't have actually finished up everything by then.. like have a B&P actually ready.. or for suck sake, proof-read their information?

My point being, is that I'm glad they finally came out.. but I can't help wonder if they waited until they were actually ready if this would not have gone a lot better. One starts to loose confidence in Ford when they can't seem to put out a single thing together without getting it right.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Faulty logic. You are assuming that given more time they would have scored a 100% instead of a 90%.

That's like assuming that given enough time in the batter's box, I'd eventually hit a 99mph fastball over the fence.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just as a little bit of insight, Ford would have preferred to wait before releasing the Bronco. But the risk of more leaks forced their hand a bit.

I’m honestly happy with how it’s gone for the most part. I think Ford got a bit stuck running before they could walk. Things are going to clear up immensely once the order guides go out next month. Those are the final say, as someone said in the other thread the build and price is more of a marketing tool and a good estimate. Order guide will be rock solid.

2 years from now when we’re all cruising Moab and local trails, this is going to be a faint memory. SHIT a year ago they released the Bronco R and that seems like just yesterday IMO. But maybe I’m just easy to please because I drive the competition ?‍♂

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just like the rest of 2020, launch and B&P are typical train wrecks. I can live with that. Give me the Order Bank next month and I will give Ford some more of my money. Let all of the naysayers drop out and I move forward (July 13 reservation) and see my Bronco sooner. :cool:
Ford Bronco Would you have rather waited for Bronco to launch? Bronco6G Avatar
Keeping in mind the MIC top in the picture is a complete lie.
Sponsored