Sponsored

Would you have rather waited for Bronco to launch?

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keeping in mind the MIC top in the picture is a complete lie.
I really don't care. It's a top. Whatever I get will be painted white within 30 days of delivery.
Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I must say I actually just feel bad for Ford! I think they had a kick ass plan for roll out and like it's been mentioned...Covid was a kick in the balls! You can't really blame the marketing team either they had no idea how to handle everything and Covid. I think they've done a great job putting out the fires they been dealt!

Not to mention they had pretty big plans they were rolling out two or three launches at the same time!! Suppliers are doing what they can. Like the MIC I'm cool with it! If that's all they can give me now. Hey alright better something then nothing.

I mean honestly if they came back and said well we've decided to push everything another 6 months...I think ppl would of really lost their shit! I'd been disappointed but I work at a supplier and completely understand!

OP
OP
Raskew

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a loaded question. I am fine with the launch as it's going. Sucks for those that will have late availability options and some of the communication should have been better.

To your point on modern conveniences though, its 2020 and I think they did drop the ball on some things. I mean I am about to spend 45K on a vehicle that doesn't have power seats. That was a hard sell to the wife lol
Power seats are available with the leather seat upgrade on the Badlands.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since I have been waiting since 2017 when they announced the return, I'm glad to see what I'm seeing. Not just another crappy crossover, and even the Sport is a cut above the rest. I am well pleased...

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not in any of the literature I have read, nor in the build and price. Can you please direct me to where you found this information?

OP
OP
Raskew

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know they are available. On the BL in the 4 door that makes a 49k vehicle, on the OBX leather makes it a 47k vehicle.

My point was there's no power seats available till you get the optional 2800 leather seats in the OBX or BL.

My point was its 2020 how are power seats not standard on every trim above the base lol. I'm not asking for 10 way memory seats, just found it odd you can't power seats till you are in the top tier trims and then get the optional leather seats

Duke460

Outer Banks
First Name
Earle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think this a a great vehicle to go after Jeep, from what I see they hit it out of the box. The marketing to get this many people to buy a truck they haven’t seen or driven is amazing. I am a Bronco fan who wants one. My off road is the beach. I moved my order to MY22. Not in a hurry and tired of the drama. Gave someone else the early slot at my dealer.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow this thread didn't age well. Here we are 7 months later and it's still a Ford shitshow.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't figure out why they released the Sport first and so far ahead of the real Bronco. The rest all makes sense if you have even the vaguest concept of the state of manufacturing right now.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just as a little bit of insight, Ford would have preferred to wait before releasing the Bronco. But the risk of more leaks forced their hand a bit.

I’m honestly happy with how it’s gone for the most part. I think Ford got a bit stuck running before they could walk. Things are going to clear up immensely once the order guides go out next month. Those are the final say, as someone said in the other thread the build and price is more of a marketing tool and a good estimate. Order guide will be rock solid.

2 years from now when we’re all cruising Moab and local trails, this is going to be a faint memory. SHIT a year ago they released the Bronco R and that seems like just yesterday IMO. But maybe I’m just easy to please because I drive the competition ?‍♂
Nick, for historical context let's remember, most of the leaked photos were 100% staged, always a photographer on hand to take them, many at locations the general public did not have access to. And then when leaks or news happened, when you saw it on one website, within an hour it was on multiple websites, I confirmed this with every "leak" on Google. No leak forced Ford's hand, 90% plus of them were a planned and orcastrated social media marketing campaign by Ford.

Here are my posts from last June on this very subject, even Doug (the site admin) gave it a like.
There have been so many staged, orchestrated leaks this year to suddenly slap one site, like TFL, with sanctions, is not credible on Ford's part. There have been so many other leaks that within an hour they appeared at numerous other sites all over the internet, to say that was not staged or orchestrated is not credible.

Look at these leak photos, good lighting, they show a lot, the one of the shifter has just a small amount of cloth covering peeled back so we see the shift knob. If these were real spy photos they would have just lifted the entire black cloth. There have to only be a handful of Ford employees with access to these prototype rigs, it would be to easy for Ford to find the employee who took the photos for an employee to risk it. Why would they, maybe they get a few hundreds bucks for photos and loose a $100K plus job, not credible.

Just another Ford Marketing hidden chess move?
Not all pulled the photos:
Here Are the 2021 Bronco Photos Ford Doesn't Want You To See

We saw something very similar in early March with many other early leaks, as fast as they came out on one website or forum they were all over the internet within an hour as confirmed by google searches.

I still strongly believe there is a hidden Ford Marketing/PR Mr. Wizard behind the curtain, if not in Oz then maybe in Dearborn.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, I'm just glad that Ford will have two RWD stick shifts to choose from. The 4WD and off-road performance is just a bonus.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nick, for historical context let's remember, most of the leaked photos were 100% staged, always a photographer on hand to take them, many at locations the general public did not have access to. And then when leaks or news happened, when you saw it on one website, within an hour it was on multiple websites, I confirmed this with every "leak" on Google. No leak forced Ford's hand, 90% plus of them were a planned and orcastrated social media marketing campaign by Ford.
The uncamo’d Broncos (Black OBX/base and silver Sasquatch) that leaked early last year were 110% unplanned and what I was referring to. The camo prototype spy shots are definitely not leaks they are released only when Ford wants them to.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The uncamo’d Broncos (Black OBX/base and silver Sasquatch) that leaked early last year were 110% unplanned and what I was referring to. The camo prototype spy shots are definitely not leaks they are released only when Ford wants them to.
Agree about the black one, that's why I said 90%. The camo shots were always spun as leaks, remember the statements like, our sources, even though many of us knew Ford was pulling the strings, so we agree on that one.

Regardless, some of your sources maybe staying with the plausible deniability line or they really were not in a position to know Oz and company, the wizards behind the planned social media pre-reveal marketing effort intended to generate buzz.
Sponsored

Last edited: