Sponsored

Would you let your SO buy you the new Bronco?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife is buying her own. I just took care of the reservation. She wants the 4dr Badsquatch, auto, 2.7, lux package in Cactus Grey w/ white hard top. Honestly, I would have picked the same options so Im good with her selections.
Good for her! Hope you’re getting one yourself.?
Sponsored

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not sure, I don't think I'd be fan of a new car being gifted to me. Maybe if they real knew what I wanted as far as the options and which one meaning four door or two door. I'm not sure I'd ever by a vehicle for them as a surprise, I rather have them pick from a lot or have her build it. I don't know I could just see buying a vehicle as a surprise going wrong
Ever heard the expression “Never look a gift horse in the mouth “!?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Back in 2005 my wife said "you need a new truck, I'll buy it" I guess my 1996 regular cab F-150 wasn't cutting it going back and forth to the beach house every weekend with the cat carrier in the front seat with us.
So I went and picked out a new F-250 crew cab, 4wd in black. Yup, that ought to haul those 2 kitty cats.;)
I think my wife is a keeper.:)

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been hinting strongly about wanting a Jeep for probably 5 years and calling it a "convertible" so she would like it. She never accepted said notion. Watched Bronco release night videos together and she told me to order one for myself and to get the 2 door. Its my 50th bday this year. I told her that once kids go to college in a few years it would be her turn, so we looked at convertible Mustangs after that. Happy times!!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good for her! Hope you’re getting one yourself.?
No need for 2 of them. I already have a wrangler and may get myself a gladiator although she's pushing me towards moving up from my f150 into a 250/350 so I can load the Bronco or jeep along with our offroad camper onto a flatbed trailer and haul them to our offroading & dispersed camping destinations.

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If we get a Bronco, it will be my wife's primary vehicle, so she can pick what she likes. I have more knowledge on the Bronco, so I'm sure she would be willing to hear some of my input.

Would I let her spec MY primary vehicle? No.

Ponderess

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If we were married in ideal conditions I would let him. But we aren't and this would be my first car so I want to this on my own. Although becoming a sugar baby doesn't sound so bad in today's conditions lmao

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Back in 2005 my wife said "you need a new truck, I'll buy it" I guess my 1996 regular cab F-150 wasn't cutting it going back and forth to the beach house every weekend with the cat carrier in the front seat with us.
So I went and picked out a new F-250 crew cab, 4wd in black. Yup, that ought to haul those 2 kitty cats.;)
I think my wife is a keeper.:)
Well it’s 15 years since the keeper felt you needed a new truck?
Time to drop a few hints?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been hinting strongly about wanting a Jeep for probably 5 years and calling it a "convertible" so she would like it. She never accepted said notion. Watched Bronco release night videos together and she told me to order one for myself and to get the 2 door. Its my 50th bday this year. I told her that once kids go to college in a few years it would be her turn, so we looked at convertible Mustangs after that. Happy times!!
Happy 50th!?
And it sure sounds sweet to be “told “ to get yourself a Bronco ?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If we were married in ideal conditions I would let him. But we aren't and this would be my first car so I want to this on my own. Although becoming a sugar baby doesn't sound so bad in today's conditions lmao
Hmmm....maybe it’s time to tie the knot and see how sweet that sugar is??

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well it’s 15 years since the keeper felt you needed a new truck?
Time to drop a few hints?
I traded the 05 F-250 on a 2015 F-150, (which I really like) we trade them in every 10 years. Her Explorer is a 2011 so this is perfect timing. This new Bronco is going to be my wife's DD. I showed her some of the YouTube video's from Moab and Rubicon and now she is stoked!

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I traded the 05 F-250 on a 2015 F-150, (which I really like) we trade them in every 10 years. Her Explorer is a 2011 so this is perfect timing. This new Bronco is going to be my wife's DD. I showed her some of the YouTube video's from Moab and Rubicon and now she is stoked!
Lucky lady ?

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. And it isn't because of an emasculating thing or whatever, like most would assume.

It's more like... this is my toy that I want customized for myself. And no human, no matter how much they might claim to "know me," will be able to design it and choose all the options that I want. I want it exactly how I want it and if ONE option was chosen incorrectly, it'd bother me forever.

Not to mention, because this is my dream, I'm going to spare no expense. Everyone who buys a gift for someone has a limit. This Bronco will have no financial limitations. I'll sleep in it if I have to. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yep I get that. This is the first time that I'm actually going ALL IN on a new car and getting everything that I want. In my 20s/early 30s sometimes it was nerves, sometimes it was the money, but I never totally got everything that I wanted in this sports car or this SUV. I feel like a kid with the Bronco. Building a badass lego car or something. This is really fun.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got tired of supporting my SO (aka now ex-husband) so heck no! I learned a long time ago, woman up and do it myself. So I will purchase my own Bronco.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% Would let my wife build one for me, She does have two beautiful FSB that we redone so she knows whats up
Sponsored