Sponsored

Would you like to have seen a roll down rear window instead of flip up?

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping for that. With the current design, you need to aware of parking where nobody can pull in behind you so close that you can't open the gate.
That's a great point! I have that issue now with my Sequoia. I have three Great Danes, including one who is 10.5 years old. All three use a twist step to get into the SUV. I'm always conscious of where I park so no one can block my lift gate or the step. Looks like I'll have to be extra vigilant when I get the new rig.
Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. Flat out no. I've had 7 78-79 Broncos and every single one of them was rusted out from piss poor seals. The whole damn tailgate had to come apart just to scrape and bloody your hand and knuckles to get to the electric motor which was in the hardest to reach spot possible. Top it off with the door weighting 5000000 lbs...

About as ass backwards asthe 2021 Bronco having a scissor jack instead of coming with a hydraulic bottle jack.

Real crack team of off-roaders we got working on the Bronco... sorry. Rock stars.

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious if anyone was expecting a power rear window that rolls down into the door vs the flip up? I kinda thought Bronco was gonna do it different from Wrangler. Maybe a cost thing?
Truly a tragic miss on Ford’s part. It would have taken a proper stab at Toyota at that point. Ford has always missed the mark on the rear window.... since 07, the Tundra crewmax has felt like a convertible when I want it to, and I laugh when I see a 2020 ford truck that still slides it’s Little’s Square to the side. Real open air feel there! It’s also one of the biggest reason we aren’t in a hurry to get rid of my wife’s 4Runner. We couldn’t ever do that to our dogs. Or ourselves. It’s just too fun. And it’s totally doable on a bronco. HUGE let down for my personal decision on a bronco.

Sponsored

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truly a tragic miss on Ford’s part. It would have taken a proper stab at Toyota at that point. Ford has always missed the mark on the rear window.... since 07, the Tundra crewmax has felt like a convertible when I want it to, and I laugh when I see a 2020 ford truck that still slides it’s Little’s Square to the side. Real open air feel there! It’s also one of the biggest reason we aren’t in a hurry to get rid of my wife’s 4Runner. We couldn’t ever do that to our dogs. Or ourselves. It’s just too fun. And it’s totally doable on a bronco. HUGE let down for my personal decision on a bronco.
I agree. Although I'm currently suffering the headache of having to repair the rear window and motor, the power window has been a selling point when it came to getting my 4Runner and then my Sequoia. I'd much rather have my pups have their heads out the back when I'm rolling as opposed to the side windows where they're more susceptible to injury. I was looking forward to that option on the Bronco. :(

danes suv.jpg

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A tailgate would be EPIC! I know the swing out tire carrier probably wouldn't ever pass crash standards, though.

Modern manufacturing techniques and materials could easily make a rear roll-down window reliable. The ability to roll up the rear of my JK's soft top was a decent substitute.
The very kind and helpful gentleman I spent a long time talking to at super cel East helped me understand the side swing, in which about every off reader with a spare tire rear mounted has had to have. I wanted a tailgate so bad, but to have a spare tire, it had to open sideways. He couldn’t, however, tell me why in the world Ford did not give us a rear window roll down. I have been waiting for this thread for sooooo long! Come on ford!!!! The ford guys at super cel continually used the term “open air”, which to me sounds like you should have considered a roll down rear. I’m yearning for the reason they didn’t do it

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The very kind and helpful gentleman I spent a long time talking to at super cel East helped me understand the side swing, in which about every off reader with a spare tire rear mounted has had to have. I wanted a tailgate so bad, but to have a spare tire, it had to open sideways.
They could have used a separate tubular spare carrier hinged to swing out of the way for the tailgate to drop down. :cool:

OP
OP
Bcacali24

Bcacali24

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F-250 IDI Turbo Diesel Ext Cab 4x4 5-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really good point. My 93 F250 Sliding rear window opens up huge. Between that my ButteFly windows it feels pretty open air. I am 6'1'' 225 and I can crawl through easily. I was walking by a new platinum F250 today and was talking with my wife about how small that rear window is. She said she likes the classic look of mine better so looks like I am good boys!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bcacali24

Bcacali24

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F-250 IDI Turbo Diesel Ext Cab 4x4 5-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope this isn't a sign that we're going back to the beginning and complain about every detail again? :cautious:
Im sorry I have soured your forum. We have a year to wait for the bronco, I'm sure one more post won't ruin your day huh?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's sad when you look back at the dual gate Ford had in the sixties. It was one of the most innovative features produced and today when technology has massively improved, we get a lift up glass.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The people saying no to this seem fine with accepting power windows which is basically the same thing X 4.
Same thing x2 for some of us and I know how to operate manual window cranks. Would have them if offered.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. Although I'm currently suffering the headache of having to repair the rear window and motor, the power window has been a selling point when it came to getting my 4Runner and then my Sequoia. I'd much rather have my pups have their heads out the back when I'm rolling as opposed to the side windows where they're more susceptible to injury. I was looking forward to that option on the Bronco. :(

Ford Bronco Would you like to have seen a roll down rear window instead of flip up? danes suv
My god thats 400lb of dogs in the back.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im sorry I have soured your forum. We have a year to wait for the bronco, I'm sure one more post won't ruin your day huh?
I forgot to add sarcasm. :) I can see you don't post very often. If you did, you'd soon realize how many times the same topics have been covered. It's not always easy to go back and search through so many threads, so it's understandable. Add to that, a lot of people can't seem to resist taking every thread off topic which makes something important that much harder to find.
End of my rant.
Sponsored