Sponsored

Would you pay a Premium above MSRP for a First Edition?

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you were offered a First Edition from a dealer, what if any premium would you pay above MSRP?

Is there any long term (collector) value in owning a First Edition given the production has been doubled to 7000 vehicles and it sounds like they added the numbered ? priority vehicles?
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, not if I could get a Badlands below invoice (like I can). That way I can get it the way I want...there is nothing on an FE that you can't get on Badlands other than graphics and colors, so no way would I pay a premium unless I didn't have a reservation and had to have one now.

I don't see them carrying more relative value...it's not really special. If it had a unique engine or suspension, then okay...but it's a differently badged Badlands.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ex_nyer

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, not if I could get a Badlands below invoice (like I can). That way I can get it the way I want...there in nothing on an FE that you can't get on Badlands other than graphics and colors, so no way would I pay a premium unless I didn't have a reservation and had to have one now.

I don't see them carrying more relative value...it's not really special. If it had a unique engine or suspension, then okay...but it's a differently badged Badlands.
Thanks, I feel the same way. I have an early reservation and have ordered a 2D, manual just the way I want it. I was just questioning myself when the potential for a FE was brought up.

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I didn't have my reservation/order, and that FE+$ was the only way for me to get a Bronco in a reasonable time frame, sure I'd pay up to a $5k premium.

But I would absolutely not pick an upcharged FE over my own reservation/order. For that matter, I didn't stick with my own FE reservation -- dropped to Badlands due to interior preference.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of “I’m a day 1 res holder” nerds are going to feel a way about this thread 😄 🍿
Why? First edition does not equal first produced. They're only guaranteed to be MY21 vehicles.

Also, no I wonldn't pay a premium even if it moved my time up. I don't need to be the first kid on the block with a new toy.

OP
OP
ex_nyer

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I didn't have my reservation/order, and that FE+$ was the only way for me to get a Bronco in a reasonable time frame, sure I'd pay up to a $5k premium.

But I would absolutely not pick an upcharged FE over my own reservation/order. For that matter, I didn't stick with my own FE reservation -- dropped to Badlands due to interior preference.
Thanks, very credible since you actually made the switch. I wonder if buyers making similar choices opens up more FE's to non reservation holders? If I really wanted a Bronco and it was my only path to getting one, I'd probably consider it. I would consider $ 5k the max premium under any circumstance.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a first edition reservation holder to ordered a badlands. No

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not I said the cat :cool:

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, very credible since you actually made the switch. I wonder if buyers making similar choices opens up more FE's to non reservation holders? If I really wanted a Bronco and it was my only path to getting one, I'd probably consider it. I would consider $ 5k the max premium under any circumstance.
Yeah I'm really curious what will happen to the unused FE reservations out of the 7000. And I'm really curious how many of those there are due to folks who did like me and @DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I'm really curious what will happen to the unused FE reservations out of the 7000. And I'm really curious how many of those there are due to folks who did like me and @DeltaBravo
I heard all kinds of stuff. The only one that truly makes sense to me tho is the one I heard that unordered FEs will be sent to dealers to sell in the region to which the reservation was made. I’m utterly convinced all 7000 will be made.

as to the rarity and collectability, unless you put that thing in a bubble and never use it like an off-roader, I don’t think there will ever be a huge appreciation

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Part of me thinks they'll just give the unused FE reservations out to the "high" pull dealers. That to me makes more sense than Ford relisting them under reservations page.
Sponsored