Sponsored

Would you pay a Premium above MSRP for a First Edition?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
None. I would not pay premium and extra ADM on any Bronco or any vehicle for that matter.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you were offered a First Edition from a dealer, what if any premium would you pay above MSRP?

Is there any long term (collector) value in owning a First Edition given the production has been doubled to 7000 vehicles and it sounds like they added the numbered ? priority vehicles?
25k for a FE is the rate currently from what I am witnessing. So Far, 10-20 on a BL depending how its equipped. -5-10k on everything else..and you might have to wait like 6 months on some. Just some quick research so far..

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You keep saying this, but your math and logic is flawed. The real world price difference is around $2200. Stickers, ya how much are they on the wildtrak, $800. That leaves $1400 for the appearance package, black painted grill and mirrors, black beauty rings, body painted door handles. This easily covers the price of painted trim over plastic. There is no FE tax, your getting everything your paying for. The only question is do you want the items enough to pay for them.
Or do you just want a first edition, because its has a unique package...? there are all sorts of reasons why people want an FE, I wanted one because there are only so many of them. 7000 is a small number when you are making millions..

AmberC

Wildtrak
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am really wanting mine to stay a MY21. I will use it a daily driver, will do some off-roading too. If no mechanical issues start to crop up etc. I will drive mine daily for atleast 3-5 years and depending on where it's at mileage wise potentially stop driving every day in a few years and keep as a 3rd "fun" vehicle which my husband and I have had jeeps for in the past. IMO there is something special about the FE and having one of the first production year 6g Broncos. In short, I would pay a premium. Not sure how much $$ I could force myself to be OK with but I would have to think long and hard about passing one up.

Sponsored

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
25k for a FE is the rate currently from what I am witnessing. So Far, 10-20 on a BL depending how its equipped. -5-10k on everything else..and you might have to wait like 6 months on some. Just some quick research so far..
People can ask whatever they want but are they actually selling for these prices?

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
personally i feel as if there is not enough differentiation between a FE and a loaded Badlands to draw true collector status.

Extreme example - Ferrari makes a 488. The 488 Pista was their limited edition version. The Pista had dramatic changes to the engine, suspension and even exterior to clearly distinguish itself vs the base 488. It cost significantly more than the base. Today a used base 488 will sell for 75k less than an MSRP. A Pista of the same age sell above MSRP. That is an example of when a limited edition is truly different aside from badges, interior colors and a goat mode.

I would have loved to get a First Edition allocation. I like the total package.

i couldnā€™t get through the website crashes on day zero. That being said I donā€™t believe it brings a material difference in value 25yra from now vs a year 1 badlands.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you were offered a First Edition from a dealer, what if any premium would you pay above MSRP?

Is there any long term (collector) value in owning a First Edition given the production has been doubled to 7000 vehicles and it sounds like they added the numbered ? priority vehicles?
Not for a FE, but if I could get my exact build right now, Iā€™d be willing to pay a premium for it. The waiting game is killing me!

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
personally i feel as if there is not enough differentiation between a FE and a loaded Badlands to draw true collector status.

Extreme example - Ferrari makes a 488. The 488 Pista was their limited edition version. The Pista had dramatic changes to the engine, suspension and even exterior to clearly distinguish itself vs the base 488. It cost significantly more than the base. Today a used base 488 will sell for 75k less than an MSRP. A Pista of the same age sell above MSRP. That is an example of when a limited edition is truly different aside from badges, interior colors and a goat mode.

I would have loved to get a First Edition allocation. I like the total package.

i couldnā€™t get through the website crashes on day zero. That being said I donā€™t believe it brings a material difference in value 25yra from now vs a year 1 badlands.
I agree, It was too late once I realized I liked the Red Badlands a bit more than the LB FE I was already issued a vin..whaaa whaa whaaa....but I am still stoked.. I just love the red Badlands sas. I am just grateful to get a Bronco in 21.