Sponsored

Would you pay a Premium above MSRP for a First Edition?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll say one thing, Members on this board definitely know more than a many of the Ford dealers. I called my dealer about the priority orders and he was surprised I knew about it so quickly.
This is the most factual post on this forum today 😂
Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Also with the stock market having 5-9% gains annually, you’re foolish gambling on the future demand on a vehicle
If you are actively contributing to your retirement and/or other needed long term investments as needed for your desired goals, the rest of your money is good to go for car shenanigans! :)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The last special edition I had I tore it up and made a race car out of it. 1 of 512.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a FE ordered. I almost switched over to a Badlands, but the LB and black interior showed up just in time. I wouldn’t pay any additional premium (over the Invoice price), but having the FE prevents any commodity issues and as my dealer told me, they are not part of the allotment process either, ensuing my 21 build. Worth it to me at 60k.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The power play is to buy a base base and a decent 1st gen Bronco. Then you offset your depreciation with appreciation and you get two sweet Broncos. If I was a badlands buyer rather than in base camp, I might consider FE for that lightning blue with black interior :love:

My brother and I both dropped our FE reservations so I'm curious to see how that all shakes out. Given the recent priority order business, I can guess how it'll go and there will be 7k of them!

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Noooooo above my budget

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm going to say it. Ford did practically nothing to make the FE special. There's one exclusive color and a unique interior that was so hated that they had to add an all black alternative. Otherwise it's just a cobbled together mismash of features available in the lower trims. All of its "exclusivity" appears to come from limiting it not making it special. No cloth/MGV, no stand alone soft top, not even the mod top now, limited color selection.

I don't know why anybody would pay MSRP let alone a markup for it.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to say it. Ford did practically nothing to make the FE special. There's one exclusive color and a unique interior that was so hated that they had to add an all black alternative. Otherwise it's just a cobbled together mismash of features available in the lower trims. All of its "exclusivity" appears to come from limiting it not making it special. No cloth/MGV, no stand alone soft top, not even the mod top now, limited color selection.

I don't know why anybody would pay MSRP let alone a markup for it.
You can get a Fiesta in lighting blue. It's not exclusive. And the 'unique' interior you can get on the OBX.

Wish people would stop saying that.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nah, 7000 FE's would be about 4,000 more built than my H3T. ;)

Sponsored

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As someone who has an FE res and specifically reserved for the FE, I would say no as well. I would not pay over msrp. If I wouldn’t have gotten mine I would have waited. While many of you do not find value in such a thing, many of us do (like waiting overnight for the first iPhone) or even to see a specific band, etc. Sometimes it’s not about the thing itself it’s about the experience or the feeling you get by having something unique and exclusive. Weird, lame, stupid? Maybe but we humans are irrational creatures at times.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can get a Fiesta in lighting blue. It's not exclusive. And the 'unique' interior you can get on the OBX.

Wish people would stop saying that.
Exclusive color for the model. And I hadn't realized it was the same interior as the OBX. That just makes it even less special.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exclusive color for the model. And I hadn't realized it was the same interior as the OBX. That just makes it even less special.
I know what you meant but when I think exclusive I think specific to the vehicle.

For example mazda released a 30th anniversary miata a year or 2 ago in an orange that was only available on that model and trim.

They also only did 3000 of these world wide with only 500 in the US.

That's what ford should have done but they didn't even get that right. Instead they release their 'exclusive' color using a a common color on many other cars in their line up and even worse make another metallic blue available on every single other trim that let's be honest, most people won't tell the difference between the 2 anyways.

Not cause they don't look different but because they're not different enough for anyone to really care.
Sponsored