Sponsored

Would you pay a Premium above MSRP for a First Edition?

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You keep saying that but the difference between the two attached builds is $2445 if you take the headliner and brush guard into account (B&P won't let you add those to the BL because GVWR)

That's $2445 more for the FE which is an identical build except for some trim coloring and .... stickers.
All those little goodies do add up. Not sure they would add up to $2445 but in the end I decided to stick with my FE because of the all the roof discounts and the color (lightning blue).

That being said, I had 2 FE reservations and deferred one to 2022. I am disappointed I can't get the Black top and may sell/trade in my FE for a 2022. I would not pay over msrp for any Bronco. The only thing worse than having to wait for a Bronco is feeling like a sucker. I don't think they will be any more valuable except maybe a mint low mileage one 25 years from now. The lease residual on the FE is the worst of all the trims. I balanced out the really poor financial decision of the FE with the least poor financial decision of a Base which has the best residual.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You keep saying this, but your math and logic is flawed. The real world price difference is around $2200. Stickers, ya how much are they on the wildtrak, $800. That leaves $1400 for the appearance package, black painted grill and mirrors, black beauty rings, body painted door handles. This easily covers the price of painted trim over plastic. There is no FE tax, your getting everything your paying for. The only question is do you want the items enough to pay for them.
Yes .... that's what I just said. The reason for my comment was the claim that you couldn't build a Badlands to the same FE spec, which isn't true. Your comment further clarifies that there really is nothing special about the FE, beyond some colored trim and stickers and therefore, not only is it not worth a markup but shouldn't really be considered an investment. Thank you for making my point.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The power play is to buy a base base and a decent 1st gen Bronco. Then you offset your depreciation with appreciation and you get two sweet Broncos.
That’s the plan. My 67 is almost finished!

Ford Bronco Would you pay a Premium above MSRP for a First Edition? image

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My answer is NO, just because I’m too poor... lol

however, I thought the FE did have sport mode, and thought I saw a bunch of folks complaining that they’d rather have that in the badlands rather than Baja... but I could be mistaken, and I’m definitely not one of those preferring sport.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes .... that's what I just said. The reason for my comment was the claim that you couldn't build a Badlands to the same FE spec, which isn't true. Your comment further clarifies that there really is nothing special about the FE, beyond some colored trim and stickers and therefore, not only is it not worth a markup but shouldn't really be considered an investment. Thank you for making my point.
Nope, your logic is flawed again. You literally just confirmed the differences and the fact the FE is unique. You cannot build anything else like it. The bones of a badlands with the appearance package of a wildtrak, and the best interior available. There is no markup, and it definitely is not an investment.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope, your logic is flawed again. You literally just confirmed the differences and the fact the FE is unique. You cannot build anything else like it. The bones of a badlands with the appearance package of a wildtrak, and the best interior available. There is no markup, and it definitely is not an investment.
We're placing very different priorities on an appearance package. And the interior is the same between the Badlands and the FE.

Unless you're talking about the Navy Pier. You're not seriously saying the Navy Pier is the best interior, are you?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We're placing very different priorities on an appearance package. And the interior is the same between the Badlands and the FE.

Unless you're talking about the Navy Pier. You're not seriously saying the Navy Pier is the best interior, are you?
Hell no. I already said I would of canceled if I was stuck with Navy Pier. The black FE is not the same as badlands at all. Different trim colors, dash colors, and stitching. I was mainly seeing if you would get triggered by the claim since your hardcore team BL.

Like I said, not everyone cares enough about the appearance stuff, no doubt about that. But you can’t claim FE has this huge markup over the other trims. It’s all there, Ford does not give that stuff away on any trim or vehicle.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell no. I already said I would of canceled if I was stuck with Navy Pier. The black FE is not the same as badlands at all. Different trim colors, dash colors, and stitching. I was mainly seeing if you would get triggered by the claim since your hardcore team BL.

Like I said, not everyone cares enough about the appearance stuff, no doubt about that. But you can’t claim FE has this huge markup over the other trims. It’s all there, Ford does not give that stuff away on any trim or vehicle.
Well, you're arguing painted handles and a couple of stickers are worth $2,200+...and no one believes that seemingly except yourself. If Ford offered that as a seprate appearance package...the take rate would be tiny. Less than tiny...the Badlands grill is painted too, just a different color (that looks better btw).

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a FE reserved and decided to order a Badlands instead. Can’t see anything with the FE that makes it worth the extra money.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, you're arguing painted handles and a couple of stickers are worth $2,200+...and no one believes that seemingly except yourself. If Ford offered that as a seprate appearance package...the take rate would be tiny. Less than tiny...the Badlands grill is painted too, just a different color (that looks better btw).
Na, Ive seen them both, I'll take the FE/Wildtrak exterior all day. They do offer it as a package, on the Wildtrak ;) The cost is baked in there. You can cry about $2200 all you want, I never said I thought Fords prices on this stuff are justified. I merely said that is the price of some stickers and painted do dads (dont forget the black horsey), which it is on every Ford vehicle. Trick they have been using for years.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, it’s hard to compare Apples to Apples.....Apple, especially when one of the apples is an Orange. Or at the very least a Red delicious apple 🍎 to a Granny Smith green apple 🍏. They don’t look the same and one is a limited edition that you can no longer buy, and they will not be making any more of them......that has value.......maybe not to you, but to some people. That’s why we have choices.
Now if they’d just make a honey crisp Bronco in 2022....I’m all in. Haha.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Na, Ive seen them both, I'll take the FE/Wildtrak exterior all day. They do offer it as a package, on the Wildtrak ;) The cost is baked in there. You can cry about $2200 all you want, I never said I thought Fords prices on this stuff are justified. I merely said that is the price of some stickers and painted do dads (dont forget the black horsey), which it is on every Ford vehicle. Trick they have been using for years.
No one’s crying...except yourself apparently trying to justify yourself with no support. You pay all you want, pay every extra dollar you can. Meaningless to me how much you pay for stickers. I actually have some I can sell you......

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No more so than any other vehicle on the lot. And a product family like Bronco already has higher margins built in than some of the higher-volume/fleet models.
Well technically Broncos aren’t on the lot yet and probably won’t be for awhile.

Dont be surprised when these markups eventually become part of the MSRP. It’s pretty much inevitable at this point. Supply chains constrained? Solution: increase prices.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you were offered a First Edition from a dealer, what if any premium would you pay above MSRP?

Is there any long term (collector) value in owning a First Edition given the production has been doubled to 7000 vehicles and it sounds like they added the numbered ? priority vehicles?
No.
Sponsored