Sponsored

Would You Rather: 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks or 1993 Bronco Eddie Bauer? (Car and Driver)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is an interesting question. Since I drive a 96 XLT Sport and have gone and checked out the new BS with my wife. She was quite interested. It wouldnt work for construction duties that ours was used for before cancer, but she is looking to get out of that biz anyways. Its small, zippy, can make our driveway, and has room for the dogs. I question how long on our road before it rattles to shit and we arent wealthy so its one or the other on new car purchases and we have our Eagle we are restoring....

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sport no contest if you actually drove it much.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

But what I would really prefer is a mint 1993 Ford Explorer Limited, dark green with gray leather and green piping.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is an interesting question. Since I drive a 96 XLT Sport and have gone and checked out the new BS with my wife. She was quite interested. It wouldnt work for construction duties that ours was used for before cancer, but she is looking to get out of that biz anyways. Its small, zippy, can make our driveway, and has room for the dogs. I question how long on our road before it rattles to shit and we arent wealthy so its one or the other on new car purchases and we have our Eagle we are restoring....
A thread for the Eagle restore?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not one to throw shade on the Sport. I actually like it for the target use case. But the only viable trim is the Badlands (or FE) with the 2.0L. The lower trims with the 1.5L is terrible. I went to spy some paint at a dealer's lot and they had a Kodiak Brown Big Bend. I told the salesman that I wasn't buying but just wanted to geek out at the paint. He tried his best sales pitch while I was snapping photos. I had to tell him to turn it off as it sounded terrible and wasn't helping his case. He just laughed with me and then we started talking about the room in the engine bay and how it could easily fit the 2.3L.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not one to throw shade on the Sport. I actually like it for the target use case. But the only viable trim is the Badlands (or FE) with the 2.0L. The lower trims with the 1.5L is terrible. I went to spy some paint at a dealer's lot and they had a Kodiak Brown Big Bend. I told the salesman that I wasn't buying but just wanted to geek out at the paint. He tried his best sales pitch while I was snapping photos. I had to tell him to turn it off as it sounded terrible and wasn't helping his case. He just laughed with me and then we started talking about the room in the engine bay and how it could easily fit the 2.3L.
Needs a V8! Can't call it a sport with out atleast a 6.8 Godzilla :ROFLMAO:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sport no contest if you actually drove it much.
Sorry but the Sport is complete trash as far as any character whatsoever. The 90s Broncos (not my favorite btw) crush it.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry but the Sport is complete trash as far as any character whatsoever. The 90s Broncos (not my favorite btw) crush it.
Thanks for being sorry for my opinion, but I am ok with it. lol. ;)
Sponsored