Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Zo6, Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cheaper to make a basesquatch into a BD mid clone than a BD mid into squatch.

I will be adding heated/cooled Katzkin seats to my basesquatch. My understanding is you can remote start from the app even on the base.

The value of a front locker and proper gearing for 35's or 37's pushed me to the basesquatch. I dont think you can go wrong with either. If you dont plan on doing mods or offroad much more than the snowy roads I'd prob go BD mid. You get everything you want from the factory without having to lean on the aftermarket for things you wish you had.

But you mentioned the base is ready to go as well..
Sponsored

Thingfish

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Area 51 High pkg - no Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You forgot to mention the most important part!! What color are they šŸ˜‚

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When we ordered our ā€˜21 BD, Cyber Orange wasnā€™t available on Base or even BB, so the BD was a no brainer. When they announced CO on Base models in ā€˜22 we were a little bummed, because a Base Sasquatch would have been priced nearly identical to our BD midā€¦

However, looking back, we are totally fine with our choice. We put 34ā€ tires on (285/75-17), and now our ride height is virtually the same as a stock BL. We could always add some coilovers for extra ground clearance if we need to. We have the full skid plates and the rear locker. The heated MGV seats are nice, as is the remote-start key fob.

The only thing we donā€™t have is the front locker, and frankly I donā€™t think weā€™re going to go anywhere where weā€™d need one. The rear locker gets you 95% of the way there. We didnā€™t opt for 4A because we never drive in snow, but itā€™s a stand-alone option, so you could add that if you need it.

So yeah, some nice creature comforts and plenty of capability vs. ultimate rock-crawling abilityā€¦? Weā€™re happy with the BD Mid.
I'm considering dropping sasquatch from my BD order for the $2500 and to hopefully be built sooner.

When putting on 34" tires it sounds like you were able to without swapping out anything else yet? I was assuming to go 34" I would need to look at new coilovers to do it right.

I'm a newb at new wheels and tires so I appreciate hearing what you did bc it's exactly what I'm considering.

OP
OP

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
so the BD is eruption green (or will be someday) and the base SAS is the carbonized gray metallic.

I like both, the only reason I ordered EG was because my challenger is F8 green and thought both cars should be similar color? Either way both colors look good I'm more than fine with the gray.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Both being 2-doors v6 autos....would you rather.....

Black Diamond with mid package or Base with only Sasquatch package? my idea of off roading is driving down snow covered roads.

(i have a deposit on the base it's ready to go, the black diamond is still in limbo 15 months after order. MSRP is about the same ~$43k)

I have the BD mid....if I had it to do over I'd have done the base SAS.....this past summer on a bronco outing I saw the difference a front locker makes (the trip where I snapped my tie rod). That said, you won't be disappointed with the BD either. Love the remote start and the MGV.

Edited to add: Love the heated seats ,but you can add Katskinz seats that give you heat AND cooling.

Sponsored

LazygonInfinity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D 2.7L Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cheaper to make a basesquatch into a BD mid clone than a BD mid into squatch.

I will be adding heated/cooled Katzkin seats to my basesquatch. My understanding is you can remote start from the app even on the base.

The value of a front locker and proper gearing for 35's or 37's pushed me to the basesquatch. I dont think you can go wrong with either. If you dont plan on doing mods or offroad much more than the snowy roads I'd prob go BD mid. You get everything you want from the factory without having to lean on the aftermarket for things you wish you had.

But you mentioned the base is ready to go as well..

Bingo. For those suggesting you can easily add bigger tires and aftermarket wheels to the non-Sasquatch Black Diamond later, you will still be stuck with 4.46 gearing instead of 4.7. Not the end of the world, but the Sasquatch will have slightly better performance on 35"+ tires. You will also need to adjust the tire size via Forscan or your speedometer and odometer will read incorrectly. I am also not aware of an abundance of aftermarket options for a front locker, and it won't be warrantied if you do go aftermarket. You will also want to spend money upgrading the HOSS 1.0 suspension if you intend to slap 35" or 37" tires on the non-Sasquatch Black Diamond. This all gets expensive quickly, and does not come with the luxury of a factory warranty.

It doesn't sound like OP intends to do a ton of off-roading, so the Black Diamond would be fine. But it's not as easy as slapping a cheap lift kit and bigger tires on the Black Diamond to match the off-road capability of the Base Sasquatch.

freebob

Base
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Black diamond gets around 21 to 23 miles per gallon..Base Sasquatch gets 14 to 17 ...Something also to concider!

OP
OP

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK done deal base SAS is now mine! thanks all for the great points on both. now to find that leather wheel part number...

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I chose the base sasquatch over the black diamond. After running the numbers of adding take-off parts and even adding leather seats later, the base sas is the best bang for your buck. Absolutely no regrets - I love it and it still makes me smile a year after deivery.

danane

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went through basically this same decision making process.

I had a basquatch 4 door ordered, but then saw the $2500 offer to change. My intention was to remove SAS and go to black diamond with the $2500 and SAS removal basically paying for the upgrade. Unfortunately, it seemed that the $2500 offer would not allow trim changes and then I was miraculously scheduled to be built 4/10.

So now I've got a basquatch coming, but I like a lot of the BD mid upgrades. Luckily, I've found solutions for most of what I want

Vinyl/heated seats- for 2k you can get heated/cooled Katzkin leather that's nicer than OEM
Remote start- from what I've read all broncos come with remote start via phone app
Washout floor- husky liners bring me 75/80% of the way there for a few hundred dollars

Only thing I really wanted from Mid package that I don't think I'll be able to replicate with aftermarket at a price point I like is the BLIS system, but I've never had that anyway, so I'm sure I'll get over it.

It would be much harder for someone to go with BD and then have to rely on aftermarket if they wanted warrantied gears and axles

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

all depends on what you need. i am bias since i went bd but it comes down to rock crawling vs more features. personally, i wanted mgv, heated seats, and other bd features. i did add 4a so have the rear locker.

i also planned to upgrade so i added some bl co's and 285s. i do some hard offroading but don't moab crawl so there's that. again, all in what you plan to use it for.

the keyfob fits perfectly in the empty hero switch location if you have a bd with rear locker. that is how i decided, i wanted a spot to leave my keys.

Cskyline

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3500Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with base sas it has 95% of the off road capabilities and at a savings . I have leather and heated seats in other truck not a big issue for what this off road suv is designed for . Plus the sas package is a bargain and should help resale value when the market is saturated with broncos
Just my thoughts.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Base sasquatch was my second choice after a BL base.

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went BD MID and feel unless you are a serious rock climber type, the BD mid offers best bang for buck with the sliders, under carriage covers, heated seats, vinyl, remote start, aux switches, back up camera, sync 4, etc. GIven i intended to swap suspension and wheels, the only real benefit was the gearing and lockers which will be used much much less daily vs the other items.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
BASE SASQUATCH!

1. Bigger, better suspension components with much better suspension travel
  2. Lift
  3. Front locking differential
  4. Stronger Dana 210 front axel
  5. 35" tires and much better looking wheels
  6. wide stance adds stability
  7. Better resale value
Sasquatch Broncos (and Badlands non-SAS) are a different vehicle than the more diminutive Base, BB, BD & OB. In the future, buyers will pay for 1) Sasquatch 2) 2.7L engine. People will care much less about trim level, seat material, grille design, etc.

Just look at any Sasquatch Bronco next to a Black Diamond. There is simply no comparison.
Sponsored