Sponsored

Would you tow this boat with your Bronco?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would have no problem doing this to put my boat in and take it out seasonally, round trip 20 miles. Long distance and more frequent trips would definitely need to change out the c-clamp hitch for a properly braced one bolted to the frame rails and adding a sway bar. The transmission will handle it with a breeze as will the engine. The weak point is the suspension causing a lot of sag but that can easily be fixed via a more long term towing choice of a different rear suspension setup

Pretty sure the Everglades trim (factory rear sway bar) will have a higher tow rating. Not a huge gain but decently improved.
Curious - has there been actual word on this swaybar setup? Is Ford listening?
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not with the factory hitch. Give me a class III and I'd do it once or twice over a short distance. It wouldn't be a regular thing though.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I only saw it a couple times but the word was that it was tied to a new trim coming. I think it will be targeted towards swamp use where you want consistent and even contact on the bottom so you can keep pushing along.

The other theory is that it could be a less aggressive off roader and perfect for those looking to have better utility vs all out dirt carnage.
Yeah - the Level 3 towing page has a swaybar. This makes me hopeful for a max tow model or package with a real hitch receiver.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™d be equally concerned with what happens at the boat ramp. Is the traction there for a (relatively) light tow vehicle to get the oomph on a (relatively) heavy load up the ramp.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate it when people make incorrect statements about this topic without any knowledge...there is absolutely no exclusion in the policy agreement that excludes coverage for an accident due to overloading or towing outside the factory specs. State Financial Responsibility Laws prevent this exclusion from being put into the policy.
This was what I was told in the discussion in the difference between F250 an F350. Even though the 250 can haul and tow more than it was rated at, that being above legal weight restrictions made it illegal to be on the road.

My fault if I was wrong.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would be concerned about liability if I got into an accident improperly pulling a trailer that significantly exceeded the limits

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would you pull my boat with your Bronco? So, my boat/trailer weighs 4,280 lbs. and tongue weight of 360 lbs. That is 780 lbs over gross weight, and 60 lbs over tongue weight for the Bronco's class II tow rating. Would you feel OK with that , considering it's my boat , and your Bronco? a. Short distance ( 10 miles to local boat dock) b. Cross country I have my own bias opinion, but would like to hear from others.
NO
Stop being lazy and tow your own stuff
:ROFLMAO:

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you pull my boat with your Bronco? So, my boat/trailer weighs 4,280 lbs. and tongue weight of 360 lbs. That is 780 lbs over gross weight, and 60 lbs over tongue weight for the Bronco's class II tow rating. Would you feel OK with that , considering it's my boat , and your Bronco? a. Short distance ( 10 miles to local boat dock) b. Cross country I have my own bias opinion, but would like to hear from others.
No and No, you're asking for trouble. Go to Alfred Montaner's youtube channel and all you have to do is watch a few of those overloaded SUVs get into trouble loading/unloading boats. Then of course there is always this possiblity:

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Future model. Saw it being tested last August
Any word on how far in the future? Is this like 22? I'd totes 99 my current order for a 22 with a higher GCWR and tow cap.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Iā€™d be equally concerned with what happens at the boat ramp. Is the traction there for a (relatively) light tow vehicle to get the oomph on a (relatively) heavy load up the ramp.
So, my JKUR weighs less than a two door Bronco. The only vehicle Iā€™ve had traction problems on the ramp with is my wifeā€™s Acadia which was rated for well over the boatā€™s weight.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

He's trying to figure out if this tool will do the job. We're not talking wrenches here.
no heā€™s trying to justify doing something he KNOWS he shouldnā€™t do. Over the towing capacity of the ā€˜toolā€™ so heā€™s wanting someone to say itā€™s ok.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

no heā€™s trying to justify doing something he KNOWS he shouldnā€™t do. Over the towing capacity of the ā€˜toolā€™ so heā€™s wanting someone to say itā€™s ok.
He definitely is fishing for a GTG, but that'd be based on myriad other discussions of the same type that have been had on this forum. We all know that that tow cap is BS, especially on lower trim models.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would keep my bronco away from the salt water on the boat ramp. But I plan to have it for many years.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some of the craziest stuff ive ever seen was at the boat ramp.
Sponsored