Sponsored

Would you tow this boat with your Bronco?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What a stupid question.

buy the right tool for the job, or a lighter boat & trailer combo.
🤦‍♂️

He's trying to figure out if this tool will do the job. We're not talking wrenches here.
Sponsored

Old Hound

Wildtrak
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would you pull my boat with your Bronco? So, my boat/trailer weighs 4,280 lbs. and tongue weight of 360 lbs. That is 780 lbs over gross weight, and 60 lbs over tongue weight for the Bronco's class II tow rating. Would you feel OK with that , considering it's my boat , and your Bronco? a. Short distance ( 10 miles to local boat dock) b. Cross country I have my own bias opinion, but would like to hear from others.
NO!
This is the same as the idiots that drive and text. Kill yourself because of your stupidity but
don't let that same stupidity kill someone else. This isn't something that is set up to do a lot of towing. So if you need that buy something else.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I’d do it. Also plan to do the same with my Bronco whenever it arrives. Have a 20’ Scout on a tandem axle trailer. Estimated load is 4-4,500lbs. Not worried about it

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would move it around my yard and **maybe** tow it 10 miles once or twice. I wouldn't regularly tow it the ten miles (each way). I'd be more inclined to buy a beater pickup to tow the boat with that.

OP
OP

ky.longshot

Badlands
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To all responding to this, after your responses, I understand my question was a real bonehead notion. I wouldn't expect anyone to do something to cause harm to oneself or others. Thanks for your info and input. Sorry , I didn't ask it to cause issues.

Sponsored

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you do it, yes, Should you do it, no. The truck will handle it just fine but if you are in an accident you are screwed. If someone pulls out in front of you and an injury or death occurs, you know what a personal injury lawyer will do even if it wasn't really your fault.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can it, yes.
Should you, no as there would be no insurance payout if something happens even if it’s the other guys fault.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it has electric brakes yes. Surge brakes maybe. I would go 45 or less regardless.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a similar dilemma - my setup with fuel is @4500 . . . and I live 4 miles from the launch I commonly use - I, in fact, would feel just fine towing a short distance - even the 10 miles. At the end of the day I am keeping my Raptor - all the delays have allowed me time to pay it off - and will tow with that . . . but otherwise I fully planned on it.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can it, yes.
Should you, no as there would be no insurance payout if something happens even if it’s the other guys fault.
I hate it when people make incorrect statements about this topic without any knowledge...there is absolutely no exclusion in the policy agreement that excludes coverage for an accident due to overloading or towing outside the factory specs. State Financial Responsibility Laws prevent this exclusion from being put into the policy.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would have no problem doing this to put my boat in and take it out seasonally, round trip 20 miles. Long distance and more frequent trips would definitely need to change out the c-clamp hitch for a properly braced one bolted to the frame rails and adding a sway bar. The transmission will handle it with a breeze as will the engine. The weak point is the suspension causing a lot of sag but that can easily be fixed via a more long term towing choice of a different rear suspension setup

Pretty sure the Everglades trim (factory rear sway bar) will have a higher tow rating. Not a huge gain but decently improved.
I Googled the Everglades trim and nothing came up. Where is your info on it from?
Sponsored