Sponsored

Would you trade in your current vehicle for a Bronco?

Cornhusker03

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150 Harley-Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 2008 F-150 Harley-Davidson that has 130k miles on it. It would take 3-8k to restore the truck. I would have to get all the rust off and refurbish the rims and leather seats. Honestly, I would put it more money it than its worth in a trade. The f150 has pretty much all the options available for that year. It's all stock, no mods. I would trade it in, but I'm not sure if I would get the whole value. I might put it up for auction with a reserve... I know that I really really want a bronco so if trading or auctioning my truck will help me get there; I would do it.
Sponsored

pveoq

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, '84 Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get way too attached to my cars. My daily is a Fiesta ST that I absolutely love. I will drive it til the wheels fall off. I have a '84 Isuzu Trooper that's given me more trouble than what it's probably worth. I will have to get rid of it to make space for the Bronco and yet I'm still trying to find a way to keep it.

Ford Bronco Would you trade in your current vehicle for a Bronco? IMG_20200126_142539

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 2008 F-150 Harley-Davidson that has 130k miles on it. It would take 3-8k to restore the truck. I would have to get all the rust off and refurbish the rims and leather seats. Honestly, I would put it more money it than its worth in a trade. The f150 has pretty much all the options available for that year. It's all stock, no mods. I would trade it in, but I'm not sure if I would get the whole value. I might put it up for auction with a reserve... I know that I really really want a bronco so if trading or auctioning my truck will help me get there; I would do it.
You'll never get full value for a trade-in. The most you'll get is around 50% of KBB value. You'll get more selling it privately.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I never keep my cars when I get new one. Maybe the bronco will break that trend

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No way. Bronco is way too small to be my primary.

Sponsored

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You'll never get full value for a trade-in. The most you'll get is around 50% of KBB value. You'll get more selling it privately.
This.

Plus it depends on what it's worth restored, if you can find the right market, and what does it mean to you....

I was brought up with the mindset we buy cars/trucks/bikes to fix, enjoy, then sell for profit. Never hold onto anything........
And yet I always get attached and regret every sale. But that drives the desire to find another.
If you love the truck, keep it.
If it doesn't mean much, fix a few major thing's and sell it, don't trade it in. I recommend cosmetics if the drivetrain is solid.

My example:
I almost HAVE to sell my truck in order to buy my Bronco, but won't. Love that thing and my kids will end up with it. Had 30k miles when I bought it for 8 grand cash from a private seller. I didn't care for what it was at the time but had just lost my car to hurricane Harvey and needed a ride. Now I'm in love. It stays. Plus everyone needs a pickup and I don't want to give that up.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get way too attached to my cars. My daily is a Fiesta ST that I absolutely love. I will drive it til the wheels fall off. I have a '84 Isuzu Trooper that's given me more trouble than what it's probably worth. I will have to get rid of it to make space for the Bronco and yet I'm still trying to find a way to keep it.

Ford Bronco Would you trade in your current vehicle for a Bronco? IMG_20200126_142539
I’m right there with you. Isuzus are hard to let go of. BTW, love the Trooper!

Ford Bronco Would you trade in your current vehicle for a Bronco? 1EBD3719-8E97-45DD-954F-438CDA0EC586

Jmgunn0124

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2005 Wrangler and a growing family. Doesn’t make sense to keep but I love it and want to pass it to my son at some point. It’s also a 4.0, manual, rare color, low miles, great condition. I think it has potential to increase in value.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
This!

Trading in is like taking a few grand in cash and starting your BBQ with it.

I plan to sell my Jeep privately.

pveoq

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, '84 Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m right there with you. Isuzus are hard to let go of. BTW, love the Trooper!

Ford Bronco Would you trade in your current vehicle for a Bronco? 1EBD3719-8E97-45DD-954F-438CDA0EC586
The Trooper has a 1.9L 4cyl engine that made around 75hp when it was new and it's still fun off road. I think I'm going to be very happy with the 2.3L Bronco with almost 4 times the power!
Love that Rodeo too!

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have an '09 Flex with 147k on it and is 12 years old in November, but it looks brand new. I love the thing, but it's probably time to move on. I have a huge attachment to it, though..... :(

Just took these photos a few weeks ago:

ACC3181B-2117-4391-864F-E2A9BA676ED5.jpeg

5632CB34-2B86-4C1B-9A48-E517EC145F0A.jpeg

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once I get the idea of a new vehicle in my head I tend to lose interest in what I have. I have been looking forward to the Bronco since it was first announced. I knew last year when I bought my Grand Cherokee that it was coming. But didn't know what it would end up being. Now that I know I have no issue giving up the GC. Good thing is my girlfriend may end up taking it over so it will still be in the family.

Ford Bronco Would you trade in your current vehicle for a Bronco? EE61C62B-5801-4EB4-B124-F320C6CFF923

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had always purchased a new vehicle every 2 years . I'd buy me one then a couple years later buy the wife one . We haven't seen anything we wanted to spend the kind of money they want now for a vehicle so we've held on to our last ones . My last one was the 2008 F-150 Super Crew 4WD King Ranch that I still drive . It has 202k but still looks only about 4 years old . The wife still drives her 2011 GLK . It's time for the Bronco but if I can't get a decent amount thru a private sale I'll probably keep the King Ranch . I can't see giving it to a dealer for next to nothing when it's still in such good shape .

rancid53

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier Prox4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll need to trade or sell privately to get my payments lower... the tax advantage of trade in could off-set the higher price I could command in the private market...
Ford Bronco Would you trade in your current vehicle for a Bronco? Truck

Last edited:

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Trading in my 08 manual mustang GTCS (vs selling) mostly because I need it to make the roady to the dealership haha. Should get me a tiny tax break, on KBB it's not worth much anyway, been my daily driver since I got it but its still rolling just fine at 130k miles. Only real bad part is the interior is falling apart and slapped back together with 2way tape. I never really planned on getting rid of it until it broke down, so it's modded and tuned, which I know destroys the value on it for some reason. I'll be lucky to get a few grand for it, but I'm not counting on more than 3k of that going towards my budget.
Sponsored