Sponsored

Wouldn't it make more sense that the BL got the Squatch?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Ford made the Badlands as the ultimate offroader...
But I think, being as it's so close to Squatches anyways, it should come with the 35's...
And the Wildtrak, no Squatch and 33's
SMH
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think they wanted to make sure that the BL would fit in most garages.
during the NYSE bronco event, there was a Raptor that wouldn't fit inside one of the NYC garages
due to height issues.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford made the Badlands as the ultimate offroader...
But I think, being as it's so close to Squatches anyways, it should come with the 35's...
And the Wildtrak, no Squatch and 33's
SMH
Well, itā€™s better for us that you can get it the way you want it. Want 33s? You got it. Want 35s? No problem. Thatā€™s better...

Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You want the Bronco with the most articulation, the ultimate off roader, and less unsprung weight? Get the Badlands. You want your Bronco to have ā€œstanceā€, and you like the look? Get the Sasquatch package.

coolbreeze

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You want the Bronco with the most articulation, the ultimate off roader, and less unsprung weight? Get the Badlands. You want your Bronco to have ā€œstanceā€, and you like the look? Get the Sasquatch package.
You want a daily driver that looks way better than the bottle caps offered on lower trims? Give us the option to upgrade to 33ā€ AT on trims under Badlands.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
The non-Sasquatch Badlands also has more articulation.
But everyone knows ground clearance comes from big rubber...
I guess with 33's,its well armored!

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure I agree with that assessment. I run 35s now and I like the way they work on trails better than smaller tires. It's not just for "the look" even though I do very much like the look. The articulation difference on the squatch and non-squatch is something like half an inch. In most situations the extra tire height will probably more than make up for that. The extra unsprung weight shouldn't be a problem with the gear ratios and torque of the Bronco. I expect that taking out the fender liner or getting an aftermarket one will allow you to take out the extra bump and get that articulation back anyway.

To each their own but I don't think it's correct to say that you buy the Squatch to get stance and look.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good news is for those who donā€™t like the tire size their trim comes with, you can order your preferred tire size online, have a tire shop swap them out and sell the takeoffs. I get that everyone wants their Bronco to be built bespoke exactly the way they envisioned but thatā€™s part of the point of this platform: to build it the way you want. What you get from the factory is only a starting point.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure I agree with that assessment. I run 35s now and I like the way they work on trails better than smaller tires. It's not just for "the look" even though I do very much like the look. The articulation difference on the squatch and non-squatch is something like half an inch. In most situations the extra tire height will probably more than make up for that. The extra unsprung weight shouldn't be a problem with the gear ratios and torque of the Bronco. I expect that taking out the fender liner or getting an aftermarket one will allow you to take out the extra bump and get that articulation back anyway.

To each their own but I don't think it's correct to say that you buy the Squatch to get stance and look.
Is the articulation difference of 1/2ā€ measured at the spring/strut though? And would that be even more beneficial once you factor in a smaller tire that would already have more movement? Iā€™m honestly asking. I have no idea. I guess none of us do yet until we see it. lol

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is giving you options. Not everyone prefers 35ā€™s. If the BL came standard with 35ā€™s they would just charge more anyways. Iā€™m glad to have the 33ā€ option

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The extra 10mm of articulation is basically meaningless when you compare the advantages of a 35 over a 33. It would be significantly more capable....if you have ever gone from 33s to 35s, the difference is pretty obvious. 10mm in upward articulation would go unnoticed.
Sponsored