Sponsored

Wouldn't it make more sense that the BL got the Squatch?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good news is for those who don’t like the tire size their trim comes with, you can order your preferred tire size online, have a tire shop swap them out and sell the takeoffs. I get that everyone wants their Bronco to be built bespoke exactly the way they envisioned but that’s part of the point of this platform: to build it the way you want. What you get from the factory is only a starting point.
You'd still take a big hit on the tires I'm sure...
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i think they wanted to make sure that the BL would fit in most garages.
during the NYSE bronco event, there was a Raptor that wouldn't fit inside one of the NYC garages
due to height issues.
???My garage is standard height and Wildtrak will fit just fine.???

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford made the Badlands as the ultimate offroader...
But I think, being as it's so close to Squatches anyways, it should come with the 35's...
And the Wildtrak, no Squatch and 33's
SMH
I prefer the looks of the Badlands with 33s and the optional rims. With 33s, you're already losing breaking ability and acceleration on road, and that gets much worse with Squatch 35s. I wouldn't be buying the Badlands if it came with 35s.

If people feel the need to bro monsta-truck out their vehicle, they can, like all the trims.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

???My garage is standard height and Wildtrak will fit just fine.???
i suspect that adding a roof rack with any items (like a kayak mount) to a squatched vehicle will have clearance issues in my garage.

my LR discovery series 1 with a two inch lift barely cleared the opened garage doors in the left space, scraped in the right space. (the disco leaned a bit to one side)

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i suspect that adding a roof rack with any items (like a kayak mount) to a squatched vehicle will have clearance issues in my garage.

my LR discovery series 1 with a two inch lift barely cleared the opened garage doors in the left space, scraped in the right space. (the disco leaned a bit to one side)
Not a rack guy so I didn't pay close attention, but I think rack will clear mine fine, but baskets and such would keep me out.

Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The extra height is only 0.8 inches. (34.4-32.8)/2 = 0.8 inches or 20.3 mm

The extra 10mm of articulation is basically meaningless when you compare the advantages of a 35 over a 33. It would be significantly more capable....if you have ever gone from 33s to 35s, the difference is pretty obvious. 10mm in upward articulation would go unnoticed.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The extra height is only 0.8 inches. (34.4-32.8)/2 = 0.8 inches or 20.3 mm
Yep...and that inch of extra clearance makes a MUCH bigger difference than 10mm less up travel on each side of an IFS setup.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is the articulation difference of 1/2” measured at the spring/strut though? And would that be even more beneficial once you factor in a smaller tire that would already have more movement? I’m honestly asking. I have no idea. I guess none of us do yet until we see it. lol
There's no way in hell 10mm of articulation is more beneficial than 1.4" of extra clearance and bigger tires.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's no way in hell 10mm of articulation is more beneficial than 1.4" of extra clearance and bigger tires.
You misunderstood me or I’m just not explaining this well. Let me try again.

Say you get the Sasquatch package and then swap the tires for 33” tires. In theory, those 33” tires should be able to move more freely than the 35” tires due to the size alone. Now add back in the 10mm of extra articulation and you should be much better off, right?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Say you get the Sasquatch package and then swap the tires for 33” tires. In theory, those 33” tires should be able to move more freely than the 35” tires due to the size alone. Now add back in the 10mm of extra articulation and you should be much better off, right?
Better off than what? Than a Sasquatch with 35s? No. Not arguable. 35s >33s given similar setups and it makes a noticeable difference. Than a non-Sasquatch Badlands with 33s? Yes...of course. A little bit.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

No, they're not going to move more freely. The movement of the tires is only affected by the suspension travel. 10mm less is the size of a pebble. Meanwhile, the 35s are giving you a much larger contact patch to go along with the added height.