Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I floored mine as hard as I could as soon as I left the dealership. 😁
When breaking in you should vary the RPM's. That's how I take that.
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you guys also varying between several GOAT modes.....etc...to help with all the "variance" as well?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This has been a frequent topic of conversation on the forums, so nothing new here. If you’ve been a member since preorders opened you’ve seen tens if not hundreds of threads discuss the break in period at this point.

I’m starting to realize that staying an active member for too long is a very cyclical thing… post topics and information repeat like groundhogs day. Someone thinks something is novel and posts about it, only to be followed 2 months (if we’re lucky) later by a newer member who thinks the same thing is novel and posts about it, etc.

Just a few:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/break-in-period-really-needed.29574/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/break-in-recommended-first-steps.24696/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/what’s-your-new-bronco-break-in-strategy.17925/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-ford-bronco-break-in-period-1-000-miles-1-600-km.17107/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-7-break-in.12655/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-new-vehicle-break-in-process.4283/

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assume the Dirt Mountain drivers did most of my break in miles so I should just be able to drive normally.

LOL I think my Audi's break in period was something closer to 3,000 miles
Break in or break down?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you guys also varying between several GOAT modes.....etc...to help with all the "variance" as well?
That is not necessarily necessary for the engine itself, but to ensure that everything works.

Variable rpms, no steady state for more than 15 minutes at a time. Was waiting for the oil minder to come on and suggest time to call dealer for service. The Bronco may be the only $55k new vehicle without oil life monitoring.

No, I did not change oil at 1000. Lets just say i am good for another 5000. Nor did I do it myself. If wrong oil level fill will break the vehicle then its on the dealer, not me.

Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you add an option?
I drove it like I stole it off the dealers lot.

Cause that's what i did with both of mine!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edit*
I have 11,997 on one and 2, 411 on the other. Knock on wood, no problems!!

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm assume the Dirt Mountain drivers did most of my break in miles so I should just be able to drive normally.

Break in or break down?
Hey man, the Audi is still roaring strong - I drive it like I stole it and it's an amazing machine! Yes if something breaks it's like a bazillion dollars to fix, but it's a beauty of a ride and no issues after 10 years and 120,000 km. Soooooo looking forward to adding the Bronco and doing some offroading in the nearby trails.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The engine is broke in at the factory. It's the diff that needs to break in at different speeds and the tranny needs to learn how you drive
Ever saw an engine builder test a new engine on the dyno? He warms it up a bit and then gives it a full pull- no 1000 mile BS...........
Not really, and transmission and differentials are not.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I kinda followed it till 1500 did my first oil change and all is good
Curious if Ford is using a specific break in oil from the factory. Are you saying the manual states change the oil at 1000 miles?

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious if Ford is using a specific break in oil from the factory. Are you saying the manual states change the oil at 1000 miles?
No, I read a bunch of stuff on here saying to change the oil at 1000-1500 because of the turbos.. Since I know nothing about turbo maintenance I figured it wouldn't hurt. So I did it. I'll do the next change in the spring. (I'm at 6500)

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I read a bunch of stuff on here saying to change the oil at 1000-1500 because of the turbos.. Since I know nothing about turbo maintenance I figured it wouldn't hurt. So I did it. I'll do the next change in the spring. (I'm at 6500)
I say stick with what the factory recommends. Many engineers have contributed to making that decision, not shade tree mechanics stuck in the 1970’s.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went easy for 1500 miles. First oil change will be at 2500 miles - definitely early by at least half.

Yeah, I'm babying her a bit but she does go off-road and play in the mud, so it is a balance...

2021AreaFiftyOneOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is not necessarily necessary for the engine itself, but to ensure that everything works.

Variable rpms, no steady state for more than 15 minutes at a time. Was waiting for the oil minder to come on and suggest time to call dealer for service. The Bronco may be the only $55k new vehicle without oil life monitoring.

No, I did not change oil at 1000. Lets just say i am good for another 5000. Nor did I do it myself. If wrong oil level fill will break the vehicle then its on the dealer, not me.
You have oil life monitoring on the gauge cluster display in the menu options, as well as in the FordPass App. Works well and shows me at 98% at the moment. 🙂
Sponsored